Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Whats the common thought on SFR??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTim
Matt,

If dont want to refer peple here,that is fine by me.But take a look real closely at what you paid for what you got and see if any other shop can even come close.I mean you got a complete turbo system,built motor, cams, good head gaskets, studs, etc........for $17,500 with labor.

Its not that your car didnt work,it is that your car was running Utec and could not be tuned properly where it would run consistently.the temperature of the day would vary the tune dramatically.Also for other Utec users,Check your AFR at WOT and then check it again at the same rpms,boost at only 1/4 throttle.Notice your mixtures change 1-2 points? You know this Matt as it was explained to you over and over.How many times did you come here and I had to re-tune it when it was hot out and then re-tune it when it was cold out and then re-tune it when it was hot out.I had spent well over $1000 in dyno time trying to dial in this car on numerous occasions.The Utecs temperature compensation maps do not work very well in my opinion.

You did not end up spending $20k. More like $17,500. Remember,I returned the money for the intake manifold.I returned the money for the inejctors,fuel lines,etc...that had been used for six months by you. Both your car and Kamals car had Utec and both of them had wierd problems. As a matter of fact,I hate the Utec an will not sell or install them on any customers cars.That is why I told you to take your car to GTM a year ago and get the F-con.Had it been now, I would have put a Haltech in. Simple fix. But it wasnt available at the time and Sam is a very god F-con tuner so it was an obvious choice.
Tim,

I still spent over $20,000 with you. I have the receipts. Out of respect for you and your business, I would like to give you the opportunity to work things out off the forum.

Please call or email me at vq356mt@gmail.com to setup a conference. I would also definitely be willing to drive down and meet with you face to face. You know I have always respected our business relationship, as you have provided great customer service when dealing with the issues that I have already made you aware of; but we really need to work out some very serious issues.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Matt

Old 09-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM
Your remarks and comments are far from the truth, and have no foundation; basically they are lies that really reflect your true colors and lack of character. Now I can understand your dilemma and frustration with your car, but you have to ask yourself, isn't it your bad decisions, and lack of judgment that got you in these messes? So you come in here question our integrity, our ethics and you call us thieves and liars.

If you are really here to help the community why don't you share your story by starting your own thread, you did say you have stories, so why not share them with everyone here , instead your taking cheap shots .

Your beef is with Speed Force Racing not with GTM,SFR built your car the first time, they were unsuccessful ; you seeked our services to nail down the problems you had, you did not like the answers even with all the documentation, the pics, the emails, and the reports that were provided for you, to help you make the right decisions. Instead you took your car back to SFR, for a second chance and it back fired in your face now with the second build that has gone bad, and you are mad at us for what?!

So if you still think GTM has treated you unfairly, stole from you, or ripped you off. Please don't hold back and let the truth come out. I can guarantee you, your whole experience will only give us more credibility and credit, NOT HURT US.

SAM

GT MOTORSPORTS

Sam,

How can anyone be suceessful when the customer doesnt want to pay for diagnosing some of the strangest and hardest to solve problems we have ever encountered? At least in the end you got paid for your effort and we did not

This is by no way an attack towards you but more of a defense for us since you worded it in a way, that for the most part, makes us look like we dont know what we are doing.

Last edited by TurboTim; 09-18-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by g35_anonymous
Tim,

I still spent over $20,000 with you. I have the receipts. Out of respect for you and your business, I would like to give you the opportunity to work things out off the forum.

Please call or email me at vq356mt@gmail.com to setup a conference. I would also definitely be willing to drive down and meet with you face to face. You know I have always respected our business relationship, as you have provided great customer service when dealing with the issues that I have already made you aware of; but we really need to work out some very serious issues.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Matt

Matt,

I am glad we talked and hopefully we can work some stuff out.I didnt neccessarily agree with everything you had to say and I am sure it goes both ways but at least we were able to talk in a civil manner.

Last edited by TurboTim; 09-17-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm a 100% newbie here, but I have been drag racing for 17 years and just recently sold my 2400hp Single turbo alky Mustang.... so I do know about turbos and making mega HP.

The only thing I have to add here is how well SFR has put together their kits. They use only the best turbos (huge Precision fan), wg's, bov, and actually spent alot of time engineering the systems using custom SS headers and well thought out placement of each item.

And before I get flamed to death on my first post.... no I dont know these people, and no I dont own anything they make..... YET. I will be purchasing their tt setup at the end of this week.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by niceguy
I'm a 100% newbie here, but I have been drag racing for 17 years and just recently sold my 2400hp Single turbo alky Mustang.... so I do know about turbos and making mega HP.

The only thing I have to add here is how well SFR has put together their kits. They use only the best turbos (huge Precision fan), wg's, bov, and actually spent alot of time engineering the systems using custom SS headers and well thought out placement of each item.

And before I get flamed to death on my first post.... no I dont know these people, and no I dont own anything they make..... YET. I will be purchasing their tt setup at the end of this week.
ok?

Old 09-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SFR is legit. Tim is an honest businessman. Great customer care and quality of work. i got my vortech'ed g35 tuned by him and it ran perfect for months. i wouldnt have any problems taking my car there.

as is with any business, you'll get rediculous people who want everything comped and think even the most unrelative thing is your fault. those people just dont understand how life/business works. sorry, but those people are ******* idiots.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by deanfootlong
SFR is legit. Tim is an honest businessman. Great customer care and quality of work. i got my vortech'ed g35 tuned by him and it ran perfect for months. i wouldnt have any problems taking my car there.

as is with any business, you'll get rediculous people who want everything comped and think even the most unrelative thing is your fault. those people just dont understand how life/business works. sorry, but those people are ******* idiots.
You are making some pretty large assumptions with that statement.

No Doubt, Tim is great guy and has a legit business, I will never argue that; we are working together now on my particular issues and I am optimistic that we will be able to resolve them. I will however; come out upside down on this endeavor, no matter which way you slice it.

You obviously don't have the facts about my specific business transaction with SFR. I am currently working the aforementioned details out with Tim directly, out of respect for him and his business. Our issues (SFR and myself) are contractual, plain as day and without interpretation. I am not new to customer service either. I have started my own business, sold it and now I lead a services delivery arm of an SMB. I can tell you that differentiating unreasonable customers from providing services according to a contract is black and white.

Don't be so eager to make blanket statements about situations you are not informed on.

Matt

Old 09-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, you cant please them all. hope you get it all figured out.
just sucks when people go out of their way to bad mouth a business. i know a handful of happy SFR customers. sorry you're not one of them.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Just to clarify a little about G35anonymous since there has not been alot said other then he got an engine built and turbo system from us.The engine is still running and in good shape as well as the turbo system.There were some other things that are the "problem" as far as he is concerned.There has been no catastrophic failures or anything of that nature.

Last edited by TurboTim; 09-24-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by TurboTim
Just to clarify a little about G35anonymous since there has not been alot said other then he got an engine built and turbo system from us.The engine is still running and in good shape as well as the turbo system.There were some other things that are the "problem" as far as he is concerned.There has been no catastrophic failures or anything of that nature.
Thanks for clarifying Tim, and that is correct. The engine so far seems to be completely sound with respect to the internals. Although, the car has not had many miles put on it since 2006 when the engine was built.

And since we are on the subject of "clarifying"; just about every other component on the car had issues.

Tim,

I will have the full rundown for you by next week.

Matt

Old 09-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Tim, I came to you in 2003 and I have a long standing relationship with you. Your a gem of a guy and honestly, you have the heart the size of a 60-1 turbo. Im glad we can say this is all business and nothing personal.

I can sit here and answer EVERY single paragraph of yours. Im not going to go in too much detail though. I do want to mention that yes, sometimes I was in a big hurry to get my car done. Because I made the stupid mistake(I think) to pay everything upfront, I felt a lot of times you put me on the back burner (example: setting up dyno dates 2 weeks after the promised time because you said the dyno shop was smamped, simultaneously, they were sending me news letters every week for discounts on oil changes and what not even though I live 105 miles away). Ive even called them and I had no problems getting appointments when you told me they werent available.

A lot of times you would absolutely promise me that my car would be finished. I would beg one of my friends to drive me to san diego and always, I would have to wait minimum of 3 hours while you guys would take your time to patch up my ride, finish things up.

The day I came 3 am Thanksgiving eve.... Tim you forget to mention I was there at 8 pm right b4 you guys closed down. You promised me 3 days b4 the car was going to be done and tuned. I even remembering confirming with you if it was going to be finished, and every time you said yes just come down...

Frankly, the only reason why you decided to take my car back after freqan GTM was because I was talking to you about pursueing legal action....In the end everything worked out and we came to an understanding and thats why I brought it back.

You sold me a $3200 tranny that went bad! Its funny that you say me tranny had problems because you sold it to me. It was supposed to be good for 750 hp and it was a built tranny. Its still sitting outta my car which means, 3200 down the drain.

You helped me a lot with free labor and cost on parts. I am grateful. but for a customer who dropped $25,000+ with you, isnt that a given with service? I dont understand how you did me any favors Tim. My car wasnt tossed from shop to shop. You kept getting new mechanics to work on my car. You were fabricating parts whenever I came in. There was always a new car in. But I would see cars sitting there for long amounts of time, like mine did.

Yes you warned me about the Haltech. Thanks for chiming in Tim and I appreciate you handling this matter the way you did. Shows your character over other builders who got extra defensive and off subject questioning emotions besides business fact. BTW the "other" tuner still owes me my sensors and my battery plastic cover, the windshield plastic on the passenger side. My entire piece is missing! Including my carbon fiber covers...

Last edited by Kamal34; 09-25-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Kamal,

I know times frames got screwed up and that sort of thing.I know you paid me $25K or there abouts over the course of the build but I basically gave back $10k of that in parts and labor if not more. When we spend days and days looking for a weird problem(like the Utec not allowing the tranny to shift-this came right from Tadashis mouth)we cant expect to get financially compensated for all the time we put in.I understand that and this once incident was bad for both of us since we had not sold you the Utec or installed it.So we ate it big time and I know you did by not having your car.I know you keep thinkking it was the tranny and I was positive it was not.It was just bad either way.

I wish things would have worked out differently.Just to clarify with you...The original built tranny failed because the fluid was contaminated by the fluid in the radiator.The stock tranny cooler is inside the bottom portion of the radiator and yours allowed coolant to leak in.If you have not changed your radiator then the problem is still there.We bypassed this system and ran into an external tranny cooler.Again, the problem is still there and it could cause another tranny failure if you were to try to utilize the stock cooler again.

The tranny that is "sitting around" now has a new valvebody,new clutch packs,a new band and a new torque convertor in it that has as many miles as it takes to drive from here to your place.I payed for this with my cash just because I wanted to finish your car and keep my part of the agreement.

And sometimes big project do take some time to do.When we build every part from sratch,build the engines and tune them,it takes some time.We are reengineering these cars.All the big projects you seen here ended up in magazines.The widebody 750WHP M3 was in Eurotuner a coupel months ago.The 531WHP single overhead cam four banger tack Porsche is in the October 2008 issue of European Car. The 620WHP R33 Skyline is going to be in Dsport in a month or two and my Z is going to be in Turbo mag in a month or two.Your car was supposed to be in one of these mags but you refused.Sorry for that.This is why I went the extra mile spending extra time and labor towards the end trying to get everything perfect. Later.

Tim

Originally Posted by Kamal34
Tim, I came to you in 2003 and I have a long standing relationship with you. Your a gem of a guy and honestly, you have the heart the size of a 60-1 turbo. Im glad we can say this is all business and nothing personal.

I can sit here and answer EVERY single paragraph of yours. Im not going to go in too much detail though. I do want to mention that yes, sometimes I was in a big hurry to get my car done. Because I made the stupid mistake(I think) to pay everything upfront, I felt a lot of times you put me on the back burner (example: setting up dyno dates 2 weeks after the promised time because you said the dyno shop was smamped, simultaneously, they were sending me news letters every week for discounts on oil changes and what not even though I live 105 miles away). Ive even called them and I had no problems getting appointments when you told me they werent available.

A lot of times you would absolutely promise me that my car would be finished. I would beg one of my friends to drive me to san diego and always, I would have to wait minimum of 3 hours while you guys would take your time to patch up my ride, finish things up.

The day I came 3 am Thanksgiving eve.... Tim you forget to mention I was there at 8 pm right b4 you guys closed down. You promised me 3 days b4 the car was going to be done and tuned. I even remembering confirming with you if it was going to be finished, and every time you said yes just come down...

Frankly, the only reason why you decided to take my car back after freqan GTM was because I was talking to you about pursueing legal action....In the end everything worked out and we came to an understanding and thats why I brought it back.

You sold me a $3200 tranny that went bad! Its funny that you say me tranny had problems because you sold it to me. It was supposed to be good for 750 hp and it was a built tranny. Its still sitting outta my car which means, 3200 down the drain.

You helped me a lot with free labor and cost on parts. I am grateful. but for a customer who dropped $25,000+ with you, isnt that a given with service? I dont understand how you did me any favors Tim. My car wasnt tossed from shop to shop. You kept getting new mechanics to work on my car. You were fabricating parts whenever I came in. There was always a new car in. But I would see cars sitting there for long amounts of time, like mine did.

Yes you warned me about the Haltech. Thanks for chiming in Tim and I appreciate you handling this matter the way you did. Shows your character over other builders who got extra defensive and off subject questioning emotions besides business fact. BTW the "other" tuner still owes me my sensors and my battery plastic cover, the windshield plastic on the passenger side. My entire piece is missing! Including my carbon fiber covers...