Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My transmission build with Alto clutch packs

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Email sent..thanks!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadian
I never said I have SGPs tranny. I have their valve body. The rest of my trans is stock.

SGP was willing to build my tranny for $2000 if I shipped it to them. That's about $100-200 more what I'll be paying. The labor is $1200, parts $384, and upgrading my torque converter is $265. Why do other shops such as GTM charge so mug? I have no idea, other than they charge because maybe people think they're gettig something else when they're not. Also, I would also guarantee GTM, SGP, etc. Don't do the work. They probably send it off to a trans shop.
+100000. No real shop does their AT transmission builds in house. Can't wait to see the results.

What are you power goals? I didn't see that you posted them in this thread.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Canada, eh?

I'm hoping to be at 500whp after a motor build sometime next year.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Canada, eh?

She's going in tomorrow

Here are the pics of everything:

Can't wait until its done.

Quick question for anyone that might know..

On the last picture, the ring on the left side with the section missing. The Alto instructions have TWO of these in their picture. I only received one. They are located at the very end of the assembly, after all the other clutches are in place. Do I need the other one? I guess I'll find out when they have it apart, huh?

Old 11-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Canada, eh?

The first picture is the first pack from alto, and the second picture is the second pack from alto. The third pic shows both the clutch packs together, and the last pic is just a separate pic of steel plates from the second pic.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice. that's the best black friday gift ever

Old 11-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Canada, eh?

I just dropped the car off, and the guy said I'm missing a pack for 4th and 5th gear. He's calling Alto for me today or Monday to discuss it and see what's up, and if I need anything else.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
the ring that is missing a section is called a snap ring, you can get that anywhere just get the right size tho...they go at the end of the assembly to ensure that the parts don't come out

Old 12-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any updates?

Old 12-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Canada, eh?

Sorta, not really.

Car is still getting worked on right now. Apparently I am missing a clutch pack, don't have 4th and 5th gear. We ran into some time delays with my torque converter and my valve body. I've been trying to get a hold of SGP for over a week, and finally I got a hold of them yesterday. I sent in my valve body today for them to look at. 2 of the solenoids are broken off, and my car's shifting has been messed up ever since I put it back in from them doing the upgrade. So, I need to wait for them to get it back to me anyway.

The tech doing the work is calling Alto, or he probably already has. Didn't call him today. He's gonna see if they make it, or I'll have to find someone else that makes them. I know Level 10 does, and I might buy it through them.

Other than that, once I get my valve body back and the extra clutch pack it should be done relatively quick. I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday next week. The torque converter was sent out and upgraded to a brand new one with a 2800 stall.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was the package suppose to come with the 4-5th gear clutch packs? Also how did the solenoid break? I hope SGP has a good turn around time bc they were having some drama before with another person's built tranny. Did u go with the same tq coverter guy? how u decide on 2800 stall? I actually just sent mine in with a 3000 stall.

Originally Posted by Canadian
Sorta, not really.

Car is still getting worked on right now. Apparently I am missing a clutch pack, don't have 4th and 5th gear. We ran into some time delays with my torque converter and my valve body. I've been trying to get a hold of SGP for over a week, and finally I got a hold of them yesterday. I sent in my valve body today for them to look at. 2 of the solenoids are broken off, and my car's shifting has been messed up ever since I put it back in from them doing the upgrade. So, I need to wait for them to get it back to me anyway.

The tech doing the work is calling Alto, or he probably already has. Didn't call him today. He's gonna see if they make it, or I'll have to find someone else that makes them. I know Level 10 does, and I might buy it through them.

Other than that, once I get my valve body back and the extra clutch pack it should be done relatively quick. I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday next week. The torque converter was sent out and upgraded to a brand new one with a 2800 stall.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am guessing the solenoids cracked off in shipping? Keep us posted.

As Pharm mentioned, SGP has been severely backed up and not answering phones or anything. So you might want to consider having GTM help you, if you still have any parts in your possession.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Canada, eh?

I don't know how they broke, I really have no way of telling. I've been driving with it like that for a year, it really sucked. I talked to Mark at SGP on Monday, and he told me to send it on in. He promised a 1 day turn around time, even though they are busy. I asked him if he is sure of the 1 day turn around time, and he said yes. So I trust him, and I'll give him an extra day if needed. Not that big of a deal.

No, what I ordered did not include the 4th and 5th gear pack. Also, I don't know what I chose a 2800 stall. This is what a few people recommended to me, and I just went with it.

I'll post any updates. Thanks for the interest/support

Old 12-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Canada, eh?

Yep, just talked to Mark at SGP. It is definitely cracked, they opened up the VB today. They're going to be replacing it and I should have it back on Tuesday he claims. I don't see why everyone is having so many problems with SGP, I've talked to Mark everyday this week.

...knock on wood.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Canada, eh?

Good news...

SGP has fixed the VB and is sending it out today. I am also trying to get the 4th and 5th gear clutch pack from them so I don't have to go anywhere else. I should be good to go early next week!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My transmission build with Alto clutch packs