Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

APS Extreme Twin Turbo Build has begun...Lots of Pics 56K ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick set up!!!!!!! I need a new job!

Old 08-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silver g
^ LOL!!

Well we tried to start her up yesterday and....The car would not fire.

We narrowed it down to the fuel pump. For whatever reason it is NOT pumping fuel. It powers on but does not pump. Very weird. We took it out of the car and started checking everything. After a couple hours we discovered that the Pump was wired backwards by APS (WTF APS!!!!!!!)...Steve has to fix the wiring and we should be good to go today. Minor set back. Hopefully we get her fired today...and maybe some video uploaded tonight.
At least you guys found the problem. Crossin my finger bro.
I want to see that motor start today.
GL

Old 08-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKonBLKG35
Sick set up!!!!!!! I need a new job!
Haha!! Thanks buddy!

Originally Posted by G35Robby
At least you guys found the problem. Crossin my finger bro.
I want to see that motor start today.
GL
Thanks dude. Keep em crossed bro...Im getting ready to head down there...will post updates tonight.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Ok everyone...the car is alive!!!! We finally got around our minor fuel pump issue. Car idles very nice, and it sounds insane!!! I will hopefully get some video up soon.

Tuning will be on Thursday this week at Technosquare starting at 1pm. For those that are local feel free to pop on by.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:44 AM
ITS ALIVEEEEE

I'll try to stop by bro. I really want to see that beast.
Congrats bro.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice build. Thats so much money in the engine itself.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Nice component selection. How do you plan to put that power to the ground? I think even 305 R888s would have trouble!

What EMS did TS select? New MAF w/ reflash?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:50 AM
ITS ALIVEEEEE

I'll try to stop by bro. I really want to see that beast.
Congrats bro.
Thanks buddy!! It would be great if you could stop by. Hopefully we will see you there.

Originally Posted by 350 Rookie
Very nice build. Thats so much money in the engine itself.
Thanks!! Cost is a lot...but at the same time not as bad as you would expect.

Originally Posted by rcdash
Nice component selection. How do you plan to put that power to the ground? I think even 305 R888s would have trouble!

What EMS did TS select? New MAF w/ reflash?
Yeah putting power to the ground will be difficult...Im gonna have to baby it.

Tadashi is going to do a reflash tune. From what I understand he does something "special" with MAF sensor. The ultimate goal here is for near stock driveability. I know a few have been very succesful with his tune (Rookie here) and Chebosto (on My350Z) and many more in Japan. If everything does not work out the way I want...I will quickly pull the trigger on a Haltech and call it a day. But after talking with Tadashi and some others I am very confident it will run fine. We will find out Thursday!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Tomorrow is the big day!!!! Can't wait to get her on the road again. Will update everyone tomorrow night with how she does on the ride home from Technosquare.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
saw your car at Corner 3 yesterday...amazing build man! can't wait to see this baby out on the road

Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Tomorrow is the big day!!!! Can't wait to get her on the road again. Will update everyone tomorrow night with how she does on the ride home from Technosquare.
i wish i could come man
Im busy tomorrow. I really wanted to see your car. I hope you come around to the meets so i can see it. Then we can be Technosquare buddies

Old 08-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Well everyone it was a long but good day. I am happy to report everything went flawless.

We decided not too get too crazy on the dyno today as we are still breaking in the motor. Long before the car rolled out of Corner 3 we decided to change the wastegate springs to 9psi springs and add the HKS boost controller to dial in boost above that. Originally the wastegates came with 15psi springs and we felt that would have been too much for the break in tune.

The results today were nice...the car made 422WHP and ~380WTQ at 9psi on 91 Octane (I will post dyno sheets as soon as I get them scanned in). Tadashi felt as though this was a very safe stopping point, and was impressed with the power the car made with such little boost. At this point the turbos are simply yawning and the motor is not even breaking a sweat. After we get 1500-2000 miles on the motor we are going to go back crank up the boost and tune for more power.

On the drive home the car was very solid, and it had near stock driveability. I was actually shocked at how easy the car drives. The Cosworth motor is silky smooth, and the car sounds awesome. I could not be happier with the results so far.

I want to throw out a couple thank you's: to my Sponsor Treble Racing for hooking me up with all the parts. I could not have done it without you guys. Also I want to give a big thank you to Steve and Nima at Corner 3 Garage. Steve does incredible work and IMO his craftsmanship and attention to detail are second to none . Lastly I want to thank Tadashi at Technosquare for the rock solid tune . The car runs awesome Tadashi!!!

I will hopefully have some more pics and video posted soon. My buddy is going to get them off to me in the next day or so.

Last edited by silver g; 08-28-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:06 AM
i wish i could come man
Im busy tomorrow. I really wanted to see your car. I hope you come around to the meets so i can see it. Then we can be Technosquare buddies
Too bad you could not make it today Robby...it was a lot of fun!! Hopefully I will see you soon at some upcoming meets.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Well everyone it was a long but good day. I am happy to report everything went flawless.

We decided not too get too crazy on the dyno today as we are still breaking in the motor. Long before the car rolled out of Corner 3 we decided to change the wastegate springs to 9psi springs and add the HKS boost controller to dial in boost above that. Originally the wastegates came with 15psi springs and we felt that would have been too much for the break in tune.

The results today were nice...the car made 422WHP and ~380WTQ at 9psi on 91 Octane (I will post dyno sheets as soon as I get them scanned in). Tadashi felt as though this was a very safe stopping point, and was impressed with the power the car made with such little boost. At this point the turbos are simply yawning and the motor is not even breaking a sweat. After we get 1500-2000 miles on the motor we are going to go back crank up the boost and tune for more power.

On the drive home the car was very solid, and it had near stock driveability. I was actually shocked at how easy the car drives. The Cosworth motor is silky smooth, and the car sounds awesome. I could not be happier with the results so far.

I want to throw out a couple thank you's: to my Sponsor Treble Racing for hooking me up with all the parts. I could not have done it without you guys. Also I want to give a big thank you to Steve and Nima at Corner 3 Garage. Steve does incredible work and IMO his craftsmanship and attention to detail are second to none . Lastly I want to thank Tadashi at Technosquare for the rock solid tune . The car runs awesome Tadashi!!!

I will hopefully have some more pics and video posted soon. My buddy is going to get them off to me in the next day or so.
Im happy for you bro. You gotta let me ride in it one day.

Get some pictures up bro. I want to see it.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:42 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Congrats very nice to see that you got it running correctly. I can't wait for some more pics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: APS Extreme Twin Turbo Build has begun...Lots of Pics 56K ???