Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

APS Extreme Twin Turbo Build has begun...Lots of Pics 56K ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silver g
^ I have honestly lost track on how much has been spent...I don't want to even think about it...Im having fun so that is all that matters.
Its all fun until something ****s up and you dont get to drive your car for 8 months

Old 07-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL ^ so true! and that happens to way over 75% of the people.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackbird V35
Its all fun until something ****s up and you dont get to drive your car for 8 months
Originally Posted by str8dum1
LOL ^ so true! and that happens to way over 75% of the people.
Yeah you guys are right... but so far so good. I am trying to keep positive guys don't jinx me!!!

Honestly we have been pretty cautious with this build...you guys see anything we have maybe overlooked?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Well in my case the problems were completely beyond my control, APS Manifolds cracked back in october 2008 and I decided to get a GTM kit which ended up being a huge hassle and my car still isnt running yet

Old 07-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Well in my case the problems were completely beyond my control, APS Manifolds cracked back in october 2008 and I decided to get a GTM kit which ended up being a huge hassle and my car still isnt running yet
I hear ya. What are the issues with your GTM kit? And what were the reasons you ditched the APS kit?

Old 07-21-2009, 01:50 AM
I hear ya. What are the issues with your GTM kit? And what were the reasons you ditched the APS kit?
It was just one thing after another, no real problems with the kit itself (besides some alignment and clearance issues) There were just numerous fluke incidences that delayed the hell out of everything.

I ditched the APS kit because I wanted more power, I guess thats what I get for being greedy

Old 07-21-2009, 08:53 PM
It was just one thing after another, no real problems with the kit itself (besides some alignment and clearance issues) There were just numerous fluke incidences that delayed the hell out of everything.

I ditched the APS kit because I wanted more power, I guess thats what I get for being greedy
I hear ya. Have you gotten the GTM kit to work on the car yet?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:11 PM
nope, it fired up and the brand new turbos immediately started smoking. Pulled the turbos off and the turbine housing was filled with oil on both turbos. Packaged them up and shipped them to GTM 4 weeks ago and they still havent came back

Old 07-22-2009, 12:27 AM
nope, it fired up and the brand new turbos immediately started smoking. Pulled the turbos off and the turbine housing was filled with oil on both turbos. Packaged them up and shipped them to GTM 4 weeks ago and they still havent came back
Dam that sux!! The wait has got to be killing you!! But dont worry, I am sure Sam and the guys at GTM will get your turbos back soon and you will be up and running in no time. I can't wait to see the numbers you put down!!! Keep us updated.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:32 AM
Dam that sux!! The wait has got to be killing you!! But dont worry, I am sure Sam and the guys at GTM will get your turbos back soon and you will be up and running in no time. I can't wait to see the numbers you put down!!! Keep us updated.
Yeah my patience is really wearing thin, this isnt SoCal where you can drive 12 months of the year, I have about 2.5 months left of driving season now all because of stupid bs I had no control over but I have to pay out of my pocket for

Old 07-22-2009, 05:05 AM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
^ dam why is there so many problems going on with built motors.. I don't even see hardly the amount of issues going on with people runing turbos on their stock block? weird.

we build our motor to have a piece of mind now its feels like that’s not even the case anymore.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
^ I have honestly lost track on how much has been spent...I don't want to even think about it...Im having fun so that is all that matters.
Best answer of the day. I'd faint too if I got the bill

(Sidenote: please don't send me the bill...I really would pass out if I saw it lol)

Old 07-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by nyqueenz
^ dam why is there so many problems going on with built motors.. I don't even see hardly the amount of issues going on with people runing turbos on their stock block? weird.

we build our motor to have a piece of mind now its feels like that’s not even the case anymore.
I have had absolutely no issues with my engine at all, the only issues I have had have stemmed from poor quality control of turbo kits

Old 07-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by tiguy99
Best answer of the day. I'd faint too if I got the bill

(Sidenote: please don't send me the bill...I really would pass out if I saw it lol)
HAHAHA!!! You've got PM

Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah my patience is really wearing thin, this isnt SoCal where you can drive 12 months of the year, I have about 2.5 months left of driving season now all because of stupid bs I had no control over but I have to pay out of my pocket for
Somebody should make you whole on this...its not your fault the turbos were faulty....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: APS Extreme Twin Turbo Build has begun...Lots of Pics 56K ???