Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech S/C Tuner Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 01:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Vortech S/C Tuner Kit

Hey whats up, a friend of mine on this board showed me this post and i thought i'd ask a few questions if that was ok?

1. What fuel programming do you guys use? I see many of you use the greddy kits, so i am assuming you run the e-manage? They have nothing but problems for us with the rsx so many people do not use it, do they have any problems with your set-ups or are there no bugs?

2. What size injectors do you guys run with the kits? i think i read it was 330cc? are those high impedence or low impedence injectors? what ohms? the reason i ask is because i see that you guys make TONS of power at very low psi and the injectors that come with the greddy kit for the rsx are 440cc and they max out i think 350whp not too sure. The ones that come with the CN kit are 550cc high impedence injectors and they reach full duty cycle at around 550whp.

3. I notice the use of a fuel return system also. Which do you guys prefer? The walbro in tank fuel set-up?What is your take on the MSD ignition return set-up? Has anyone done anything yet with the Haltec fuel systems? I know on a stage 1 for my car (rsx) we ran a fuel return set-up using a msd in line fuel return pump with my first set-up. Now we don't have anymore fuel return lines or anything with my new set-up because of this program called the guardian, which is a self-tuning program that tunes on the fly and also prevents you from going lean or stoich under boost. If you do go lean or stoich it takes over control of your car and puts the ECU in limp mode and u can't get control until you come off the gas.

4. How do you make such great numbers at such low psi? i've been told there's a sedan making around 400whp with like 4psi i think it was? Whats the compression on your motors?

Thanks in advance,
Devon
P.S. incase you're wondering, i have a stage 1 rsx making around a lil over 300whp and 240lbtq @8psi with stock internals and stock exhaust with no boost controller. There is no fuel return system or return lines because of the Guardian unit i am using. There is also no Apexi' SAFC to tune it as how the Guardian unit tunes on the fly.