Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My Vortech Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Great numbers man, I upgraded my SC also, Just waitniig to get her back,
Thanks. What did you do?

Old 10-20-2012, 06:22 AM
I've been trying to swap my 04 to 06 headlights and rears for some time now with other members but my headlights have the infamous hairline crack and no one wanted to trade with cash on top.

I did however pick up some decent 06 rears from another member but decided to sell them locally to look for projectors instead.

Last week, I emailed this guy that totaled (was side swiped) his 2006 on craigslist and was parting out before his insurance had it towed and I offer to swap his headlights and rears for my 04's and cash on top. Well, I woke up to an email this afternoon saying, "Come now if you want to swap, tow truck coming soon!” Didn't think twice!

When I arrived, I noticed the headlights looked new (he got them replaced on the recall) but one of the headlights had an upper broken tab (easy plastic weld fix) from the accident and the rears were mint. He also mention he had 6000k HID’s for sale. I asked how much for the swap he said $350 I offer $250 plus $25 for the 6000K. Done deal swapped them out in less than 1.5 hours. DOMO

Sorry for the long explanation. I’m still pretty excited this deal came through. Two more items knock off my list.

Now to look for an aftermarket bumper so my FMIC can breathe better. Kuruma Z or Top Secret?

Attached Thumbnails My Vortech Build-2006-headlights.jpg   My Vortech Build-2006-rear-lights.jpg  
Old 10-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thats a sweet deal juan!
im on the same boat
Im leaning more towards karuma Z bumper
Have u looked into the k2 remix bumper too?

Old 10-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by colombiano_G35
Thats a sweet deal juan!
im on the same boat
Im leaning more towards karuma Z bumper
Have u looked into the k2 remix bumper too?
Thanks Ruben. Yes, I did look at the K2. I really like the Kuruma but it's very aggressive for my set-up. I'm not sure if it will last. The TS is a little less aggressive and I can use my stock sides with it.

I'm going to try to locate some local memebers and see if i can see their set-up in poerson. This will help me decided. I will keep you posted.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Good buy on those lights. I got mine for 1k, now i feel stupid, haha.

The kurumaz is very nice IMO. (biased since i have one). it actually doesn't sit very low to the ground if that is what you mean by aggressive. My old nismo v2 sits lower and i believe the K2 sits even lower. If i remember correctly the TS is about the same as the KurumaZ. Do you have the front splash guard on yours? I'd show you mine if i had my car but you know the story.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by gabe3d
Good buy on those lights. I got mine for 1k, now i feel stupid, haha.

The kurumaz is very nice IMO. (biased since i have one). it actually doesn't sit very low to the ground if that is what you mean by aggressive. My old nismo v2 sits lower and i believe the K2 sits even lower. If i remember correctly the TS is about the same as the KurumaZ. Do you have the front splash guard on yours? I'd show you mine if i had my car but you know the story.
Wow, I got lucked out then. I would have paid that if it wasn't for this deal. You are correct, I did mean the Kuruma sat low. But, since I'm on coils I can always pick it up a bit if needed. Hopefully, I can make a decision soon. Yup, I do have the front splash guard and I would love to keep it if possible.

Quick question for you Gabe. Did GTM have to modify anything to make your FMIC fit?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I remember when you could pick up 06 projectors for cheeeeeeeap. :/
I got lucky and stumbled across some a couple years ago, but man, I should have JUMPED on those recalled ones back in the day.

Also, I have the K2 bumper. Love it, but as someone mentioned it doesn't sit very low.
My V2 Nismo was almost scraping the ground and I really miss it. I still have it, and it's tempting to not toss it on every now and then just to go slide gravel around. *sigh* Oh well, I'm building a splitter for it and we'll see if I can't make it look like it sits a little lower.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by unvmyg
Wow, I got lucked out then. I would have paid that if it wasn't for this deal. You are correct, I did mean the Kuruma sat low. But, since I'm on coils I can always pick it up a bit if needed. Hopefully, I can make a decision soon. Yup, I do have the front splash guard and I would love to keep it if possible.

Quick question for you Gabe. Did GTM have to modify anything to make your FMIC fit?
Yeah that's a pretty good price for sure. The 06 projectors i got for 600 and the JDM taillights for 400... oh well.

They didn't have to modify anything to the crash beam to fit the FMIC.