Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

GTM Turn Key Twin Turbo Kit: Good or Bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would get it from z1. You will receive it a lot more quickly. I know a few guys over there and it is a great shop.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by wbama387
I would get it from z1. You will receive it a lot more quickly. I know a few guys over there and it is a great shop.
I 2nd wbama, it is a great shop. I got mine straight from GTM but have gotten a lot of other stuff from Z1 motorsports.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:50 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by N-Beyond
Is this kit available for the 07-08 g3s sedans?
Yes, it is available.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I want twins now. I was thinking momentum performance single turbo kit now. I want to run a single because I want to boost at high rpm's instead of low rpm's. The car would also be a daily driver and I've heard its better to run single on daily driven car. Any body know anything about the Momentum Turbo kits for the G35 with the Garret GT35R.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
You can also check out the Boosted Perormance ST kit, offering the larger turbos (67mm vs the 62mm GT35R).

71mm and 76mm turbos will soon be options as well, but you better have a well built motor for those.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Theres a few people running the kit already. Its uses the same turbo as powerlabs who is known for their power. Like someone said though be ready to dish out to rebuild the bottom end or buy a short block. Lots on 350z. i think most are around 400 to the wheels off 8-10 lbs

Old 11-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by 350Z T
You can also check out the Boosted Perormance ST kit, offering the larger turbos (67mm vs the 62mm GT35R).

71mm and 76mm turbos will soon be options as well, but you better have a well built motor for those.
Where do I find this kit. Also is it a mid turbo set up?
Thanks

Old 11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by th3G5pot
Where do I find this kit. Also is it a mid turbo set up?
Thanks
It is a mid mount, but the exhaust piping length from header to turbo is the same as with a top mount kit. Some people think that the turbo is far back, but it really isn't.

http://my350z.com/forum/members/boos...itor_messaging

Old 11-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
It is a mid mount, but the exhaust piping length from header to turbo is the same as with a top mount kit. Some people think that the turbo is far back, but it really isn't.

http://my350z.com/forum/members/boos...itor_messaging
I think BoostedPerformance would be a better choice just pm Sasha on his site.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:30 AM
I don't think I want twins now. I was thinking momentum performance single turbo kit now. I want to run a single because I want to boost at high rpm's instead of low rpm's. The car would also be a daily driver and I've heard its better to run single on daily driven car. Any body know anything about the Momentum Turbo kits for the G35 with the Garret GT35R.
It all depends on what size turbos you get. The smaller the turbo the quicker it will build boost but will run out of breath sooner where a larger turbo builds boost later but will have much more breath. The only difference in the single and twin turbo kits is on the single you have all of the exhaust gases flowing through that trubo which allows you to build boost at lower rpms.

I reccomened going with a twin setup. For one reason if later on you decided you want to build your engine you can make more power with the twins. I have had the greddy kit and now the gtm kit. They are both really good kits but i suggest the gtm over the greddy becasue it has better parts and is upgradable.

Last edited by wbama387; 11-03-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by wbama387
It all depends on what size turbos you get. The smaller the turbo the quicker it will build boost but will run out of breath sooner where a larger turbo builds boost later but will have much more breath. The only difference in the single and twin turbo kits is on the single you have all of the exhaust gases flowing threw that trubo which allows you to build boost at lower rpms.

I reccomened going with a twin setup. For one reason if later on you decided you want to build your engine you can make more power with the twins. I have had the greddy kit and now the gtm kit. They are both really good kits but i suggest the gtm over the greddy becasue it has better parts and is upgradable.

I am only looking to get around 500-600 whp because it would be a daily driver. I would also run a boost controller. I just don't want to be boosting at low rpm's or just driving around town. The kits cost pretty much the same for GTM TT kit or Momentum ST kit. I also don't really like the cluster **** of the exhaust that the Momentum ST kit has but I am willing to live with it. Also I plan to get a used engine and rebuild it for FI. I wanted the GTM TT kit because I wanted twins but after reading up on TT setups, I wanted the ST because with an ST kit I won't see boost at low rpm's and see boost at higher rpm's. Unless I can get a similar affect with the twin???? Also isn't the GT35R garret turbo a big turbo???? Let me know.
Thanks

Old 11-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I am only looking to get around 500-600 whp because it would be a daily driver. I would also run a boost controller. I just don't want to be boosting at low rpm's or just driving around town. The kits cost pretty much the same for GTM TT kit or Momentum ST kit. I also don't really like the cluster **** of the exhaust that the Momentum ST kit has but I am willing to live with it. Also I plan to get a used engine and rebuild it for FI. I wanted the GTM TT kit because I wanted twins but after reading up on TT setups, I wanted the ST because with an ST kit I won't see boost at low rpm's and see boost at higher rpm's. Unless I can get a similar affect with the twin???? Also isn't the GT35R garret turbo a big turbo???? Let me know.
Thanks
You need to do some research on how a turbo system works. You can drive the car at 5000rpm with any turbo kit, and not see any boost. The turbo is load dependent.

The GT35R is a "small" turbo relatively speaking, and can be found on a lot of 4 cylinder engines. In the end spool is relative to the size of your turbine, and turbine wheel. Proper selection of the turbine a/r and turbine wheel will be determined by your power goals.

If you want 600whp go with a BP PTE 6766 T4 .81 a/r turbo, the .96 is also a good choice. The PTE6266 T4 .96 would also get you close to the 600whp mark. It is also about $1000 cheaper than Momentum.

I think Momentum only offer the Tial V-band housing, and I am not sure what the flow limitations are with those.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Like 350zT said it is load dependent. For a single the gt35r is not a very big turbo but used as twins it is considered big. That is what i am running now. If you use the gt35r as a single at full load you are going to build boost pretty early. You could drive around all day though and stay out of boost if you dont push the pedal too far down.

The single and twin setups can accomplish the same thing its just all about how you size the turbos. The single setups are usually better at building boost more quickly at full load because you have all the exhaust gases going to just one turbo so it spools more quickly.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:30 PM
You need to do some research on how a turbo system works. You can drive the car at 5000rpm with any turbo kit, and not see any boost. The turbo is load dependent.

The GT35R is a "small" turbo relatively speaking, and can be found on a lot of 4 cylinder engines. In the end spool is relative to the size of your turbine, and turbine wheel. Proper selection of the turbine a/r and turbine wheel will be determined by your power goals.

If you want 600whp go with a BP PTE 6766 T4 .81 a/r turbo, the .96 is also a good choice. The PTE6266 T4 .96 would also get you close to the 600whp mark. It is also about $1000 cheaper than Momentum.

I think Momentum only offer the Tial V-band housing, and I am not sure what the flow limitations are with those.
Under the specs from Momentum Performances website. They say that the housing is 1.03 a/r. http://www.momentumperformance.com/p.../G35_Turbo_Kit

Last edited by th3G5pot; 11-04-2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: forgot to add link
Old 11-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Under the specs from Momentum Performances website. They say that the housing is 1.03 a/r. http://www.momentumperformance.com/p.../G35_Turbo_Kit
Yes, and that is T3 1.03 equivelent, not T4 which is a larger frame turbine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTM Turn Key Twin Turbo Kit: Good or Bad