Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

SERIOUS PROBLEM G Coupe Won't GOO!!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SERIOUS PROBLEM G Coupe Won't GOO!!?

Ok so I've owned my g coupe for over 5 months and had the greddy tt's for over 4 and about a week ago I started to have some problems.

I was on the highway cruising and all of a sudden lost all throttle. I pulled over to the side noticing a shiny "check engine light" on. THe car did not stall but however idled a little high (over 1K) and if I gave it gas, the highest it would rev to is 2k!!!

If I shut the car off, wait a few seconds and fire it up again I get only a few seconds before the ECU decided tu turn on what seems to be a "safe mode" and I have to repeat the on/off procedure to keep driving.

It seems to me like its a sensor. I left my car @ orlando Infiniti for over a week and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

My mechanic told me it seems to be my throttle body OR the gas pedal sensor!? The throttle body ALONE is 900 bucks...

I dunno what to do. HAS ANYONE ENCONTERED A PROBLEM LIKE THIS?

Only apparent issue with my car right now is a broken Power steering hose and I'm getting it fixed this week but I don't have any reason to believe that the PS has anything to do with the engine dynamics.

Please help

PMs are WELCOME!

Old 12-03-2005, 11:32 PM
if uve owned it for only over 5 months, then it is under warranty. Why would u even have to pay?

Old 12-03-2005, 11:49 PM
hmm a lil hard getting the dealer to perform work when they pop the hood and see a TT and prob. modded ECU or piggyback im assuming??

Old 12-04-2005, 12:27 AM
ah i see. well u didnt mention anything about that.

Old 12-04-2005, 12:33 AM
I did say I had the TT's for over 4 months. They checked it but they won't replace any sensors under warranty.

Old 12-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by tecni
I did say I had the TT's for over 4 months. They checked it but they won't replace any sensors under warranty.
ask them how the *** your tt messed up your sensors. don't take that chit from those stupid ****'s.

Tell them about the Magnuson-Moss warranty Act. Print them a copy and tell them to wipe your *** with it and after that tell them to fix your f'ing car.

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
It sounds like your car simply entered in to 'limp' mode. If your piggy back is modifying your mass air flow sensor there are certain tolerances the signal has to be in for the car to operate. If your MAF goes too high too quick the car will enter in to limp mode.

In limp mode RPMs are limited, and every injector fires at the same time for each cylinder (to make sure the car is extra rich and to prevent further damage).

The only problem is that I have no idea how to get the car OUT of limp mode. Check out my350z.com and do some searches on limp mode.

Old 12-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
It sounds like your car's problem is with the throttle body. The throttle body seems to be having a lot of problems lately. I keep reading more and more threads about the car going into limp mode.

Old 12-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
ask them how the *** your tt messed up your sensors. don't take that chit from those stupid ****'s.

Tell them about the Magnuson-Moss warranty Act. Print them a copy and tell them to wipe your *** with it and after that tell them to fix your f'ing car.

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov.
wow thats a really useful info right there.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:04 PM
^^ I second that. I'm going to drop my coupe at the dealership on Wed. about a driver side window issue (not working sometimes). I changed the door speakers and if they try to tell me that the operation of the window was affected by me changing the speaker-- I am going to whip out a copy of the above. Thanks.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:11 PM
+2 on visiting my350z.com. The ratio of FI Zs over there is alot greater and limp mode is a very common incident.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
post this on my350z.com's FI section and the FI section on this site.

Old 12-04-2005, 10:36 PM
I have to pay because I have an aftermarket turbo kit installed and there are numerous ways for ASE certified mechanics to prove that FI can mess up a car that wasn't meant for it (FI).

THey checked everything and narrowed it down to the throttle body or the pedal sensor but I just did some extra research on my350z.com and saw that the symptoms that my car is having is called LIMP MODE and it could also be the MAF that is sending a signal to the ECU and hence going into Limp to protect the engine.

I am reposting this thread on my350z.com to see if I can get some more feedback and I'm also calling Greddy tomorrow to see if they can help.

Wish me luck.

Old 12-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Step #1. Call the owner of Orlando Infiniti, Peter Wilson. Here is his personal cell phone number (which he requested I hand out to people to keep them from "bashing his dealership") 407-468-9617. Tell Peter your problem and that the service technician won't help you.

Step #2. Have someone at OI put in writing the exact steps that made your TT lead to and ultimately cause the TB to fail. Here is a link you should read... TB Problems

There have been several guys who've had the TB go out on them here in Orlando and they've been told that this problem is SO COMMON that the TB's were on National Backorder.

Step #3. Join the Florida G35 Club. We have a forum here on driver... check us out

Last edited by neffster; 12-05-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Neffster: Really useful info! Thanks

Right now I'm waiting for the mechanic to get back from lunch and I need to speak with him to get the codes and to get a definitive answer on my car. I also need him to tell me for sure that OI won't fix it under warranty so then I can have a service rep put it in writing.

Are you sure its cool to call Peter up?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SERIOUS PROBLEM G Coupe Won't GOO!!?