Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

JWT TT Dyno at 12 psi boost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2006 | 04:32 PM
|
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah, ok I see what you are after.
The additional challenge you have is that your motor is not the same as their blocks. The car is a front midship cruiser that really is set up for handling, not stomping out a straight line against stangs and vettes. You can do it, but it is not as natural.
Somebody else will have to take the lead on this, but I don't think you are going to be able to run 15-16 psi on pump gas without detonation risks, certainly not in California on its designer 91 octane premium anyway.

Old 02-12-2006 | 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah 15-16psi maybe too much, but that is what I am trying to find out right now. I wouldn't mind having to mix a bit of Torco or 100 octane in the tank to give an adequate octane balance. I hear you on the 91 octane, I live in Calgary Canada and that is the best fuel we have at the pumps, only plus is no emission checks. Thanks for the help, you have given me the best info so far, it is a great start. Gotta do some checking into larger displacement shortblocks to, this may help me reach those levels on pump gas.

Take care and throw up a video of your car when you get it back, would love to see it in action.

Old 02-16-2006 | 07:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Wow! what a BEAST!

Eagle1, do you have any piccies of the front end with the dual intercoolers? I've been dying to see what it looks like with a stock fascia.

regards,

Andrew

Old 02-17-2006 | 09:17 AM
+1 to the pics on the stock facia.

Old 02-18-2006 | 05:50 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Drewer
Wow! what a BEAST!

Eagle1, do you have any piccies of the front end with the dual intercoolers? I've been dying to see what it looks like with a stock fascia.

regards,

Andrew
Here you go.............

Attached Thumbnails JWT TT Dyno at 12 psi boost-ed_front.jpg  
Old 02-18-2006 | 06:02 AM
Banned
I heard the track day test went well ?................

Old 02-22-2006 | 01:10 AM
Is there going to be an out-of-the-box JWT TT kit?

Basically safe for stock motor without blowing it?

Old 02-22-2006 | 04:49 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
Is there going to be an out-of-the-box JWT TT kit?

Basically safe for stock motor without blowing it?
Of course, this kit is very safe and ready to go "out of the box" for a stock motor application. We have done severall of them and they have a fair amount of miles on them and some track days. They are all still performing flawlessly. No blown motors on this kit yet, stock or otherwise. Its all about the tuning.

Old 02-22-2006 | 07:23 AM
Thanks for the updates Eagle1. I've always found your evaluations fair and not one sided. Finally got rid of the supercharger. I remember you posting about it on Fresh Alloy when you first got it, lol. Glad you are enjoying the newly reborn G35.

Old 02-22-2006 | 05:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by Native1
I heard the track day test went well ?................
Yes the "diagnostic" day at Streets of Willow went as well as one could hope. The car went straight from the shop floor to the track, so we had not had time to tune the suspension. With the tightened front end and significant tire stagger in the set up, the car gripped like heck, but also understeered or "pushed" at the extreme, which as you know forces you to slow down at the limits. We also had a little bit of a high pressure oil leak, and some issues with the EDFC cutting out on the Tein flex coils, we think on the right front.
Nevertheless, the car with Scott driving it ran a 1:25.667 lap time and was the fastest car tested that day. So a good start that Friday. Then we brought it down to LA, gave it a wash and some TLC, entered it in the DUB Magazine car show at the LA Convention Center, where it took third prize in the 2 door coupe category. We are going to send it back to VRT for some tweaking to get the suspension dialed in and check a gasket or two, and then we should be ready for some serious track time.