Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

VRT's quest for 800+ streetable HP.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wa2good
Wish I could..... All of the details of this build and more will be disclosed in an upcomming edition of a well known magazine........comming soon to a news stand near you......
So once releases would you mind PM'ing me the timing figures please, I more then likely will not pick up the magazine. Or just PM me the timing figures, I am not going to post them or tell anyone, it is for my own information to help me make a decision. I doubt the magazine is going to post what the total timing was for the build.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod
that car is insane SCOTT!!! jesus it flies!!

Ed Lin

Old 05-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GeezThreeFive
Well, I have been really contemplating going TT with my '05 6MT (lurking in these FI boards for months). My first hurdle was deciding whether I was gonna keep the car. Now that I have fallen in love with this platform and decided to get off the new car "treadmill", my short-to-long term plans are to definitely go TT with a built motor.

I want to build in stages with engine and TT kit first before tackling suspension due to budget constraints (extra cashflow is not huge but thankfully consistent ) My initial goals are TT with forged internals/built motor, clutch and flywheel, while maintaining stock tires and body (for the sleeper look). I want 450WHP and torque to match (if not close). I know forged internals/built motor will probably be overkill for my target HP range but I'm thinking of the future (more boost with matched traction) plus the reliability factor goes up as this is my daily driver.

What do ya think?

This is my daily driver so I guess I would have to
Wow, you have done your reading..........

You seem to have a good idea of what you want, and what is realistic.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Very nice numbers. I have a couple of questions however. I'm sure you will not mind..they are just to establish credibility if one is to drop 15-30k at your facility in one stop.

1) Does VRT have their own storefront? (w/ work bay; in house dyno; lifts, etc) Or do you buy time from another company?

2) Do any VRT built cars hold any records in terms of road racing?

3) Up to date; what is the longest a VRT built car (w/ high HP /TQ levels) has been on the road for w/ no problems whatsoever? ( vrt built as in: with pistons and rods replaced...ie 1 year, 3 years, 30k, 60k , etc ) That would be considered streetable correct?

Old 05-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by optimystic06
Very nice numbers. I have a couple of questions however. I'm sure you will not mind..they are just to establish credibility if one is to drop 15-30k at your facility in one stop.

1) Does VRT have their own storefront? (w/ work bay; in house dyno; lifts, etc) Or do you buy time from another company?

3) Up to date; what is the longest a VRT built car (w/ high HP /TQ levels) has been on the road for w/ no problems whatsoever? ( vrt built as in: with pistons and rods replaced...ie 1 year, 3 years, 30k, 60k , etc ) That would be considered streetable correct?
I do not mind the questions, nor do (or have) any of our (20+ and counting)customers had any reservations with leaving thier car with us and intrusting us with it, or ANY complaints about our work, or work ethics.
We are still young as far as a company goes, but wow, we have accomplished alot and have come along ways in the last couple of years.

1) We have a detached 6 car garage with some lifts and work bays, not realy a store front. For tuning, we use the dyno facility at JWT and (for reference) 2 or 3 other surrounding dyno equiped shops in the area.

2) ?? NO, we haven't set out or tried to set any records or ? These cars would be hard to try to find a road racing class they they would fit into. Again, we build "daily driven" cars that perform very well on the track.

3) Good question we have quite a few VRT built motors on the road today. Some are climbing up in the high 20k low 30k miles and are about 2 years old now. However alot of our built motors (including our oldest ones) are taken out to various track days and "brutally beaten on" time and time again (sometimes in the desert at 100+ degrees) and none, I repeat none (knock on wood) ) have had any problems do to an internal, or otherwise engine malfunction. In fact, none of our VRT built motors have had a problem. The only one that has ever had any problems so far (knock on wood again) was a spun bearing do to a accidental miss-shift at 100 mph from 4th to 3rd at WOT (meant to go into 5th) Ouch!!

Hope this answers some questions

Old 05-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by optimystic06

I will chime in on this from a customer perspective....

1) VRT doesn't have a storefront. They sell a service so all they would really be able to put in a store front is their strut tower brace. There aren't to many shops with actual storefronts that I have seen. They do have a lift and work bay with tons of parts storage. In my opinion though, you should me more concerned with what comes out of the shop than what the shop looks like or how many sq.ft. it is.

2) We are discussing a possible record attempt with my car in the Silver State Classic Challenge. Can anyone say 208mph . We are still discussing what it would take to get that record and weather it is worth it or not. The car definately has the power, but getting custom gears made, full roll cage, and much more are keeping the price to coolness ratio a little low lol.

3) Scott would know that better than I would and he replied above. I can vouch that a lot of their customers, including myself, beat the crap out of these engines on the race track more than a few times a month.

Hope I helped with a little different perspective.