Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Geneva Preview: Infiniti Concept coming with Louis Vuitton Luggage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Geneva Preview: Infiniti Concept coming with Louis Vuitton Luggage

Geneva Preview: Infiniti Concept coming with Louis Vuitton Luggage

Nissan recently launched the Infiniti brand in Europe, but as the automaker discovered when it began selling it's premium wares in the U.S., there's more to competing with the Germans than just building quality automobiles.

In an attempt to bolster its image abroad, Infiniti has tapped Louis Vuitton to produce a bespoke line of luggage for a yet-to-be-disclosed concept bound for the Geneva Motor Show. Infiniti's press release (below the fold) doesn't divulge much about the concept, only saying that it "will be a celebration of Infiniti and its [20-year history] as a creator of performance cars. But equally it will be an inspiring exploration into the brand's future."

We haven't been able to get a hold of an Infiniti spokesperson for a comment, so speculation about the concept begins below

PRESS RELEASE

INFINITI PACKS LOUIS VUITTON FOR GENEVA

ROLLE, Switzerland (February 5 2009) - Infiniti, the luxury car company from Japan, has announced its collaboration with Louis Vuitton, the French luxury brand, for the creation of a bespoke set of luggage for a concept car to be revealed at the 2009 International Geneva Motor Show next month.

The dramatic concept will be a celebration of Infiniti and its 20 years history as a creator of performance cars. But equally it will be an inspiring exploration into the brand's future.

For Louis Vuitton, this collaboration is the latest in a long heritage of designing custom luggage for special automobiles.

* The INFINITI press conference at the 2009 International Geneva Motor Show will take place at 10:15, March 3 2009, in Hall 1 where as well as revealing its new concept car, Infiniti will also display the G37 Convertible for the first time in Europe.
* INFINITI comes from Japan. Its line-up of performance sedans, coupes and crossovers is now being launched across Europe through a dedicated network of Infiniti Centres which share a commitment to individualised and exceptional customer service. For more information, see www.infiniti.eu.
* LOUIS VUITTON has been synonymous with the art of stylish travel since 1854. Since 1987, it has been part of L.V.M.H. / Moët Hennessy; Louis Vuitton, the world's most prestigious luxury goods group, is headed by Bernard Arnault. Since 1997, with the arrival of the designer Marc Jacobs, it has extended its expertise to women's and men's ready-to-wear, shoes, watches and jewellery, sunglasses, combining traditional craftsmanship with flair and innovation to create a complete lifestyle experience. For more information, please visit www.louisvuitton.com.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This has to be a pretty significant (by several measures but not in the least, price) concept Infiniti is about to release. Louis Vuitton wouldn't bother putting their goods inside an entry level model. It probably isn't the new 1-series competitor, then. Let the speculating began...

It has my attention.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:51 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I cant wait to see what it is.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
beat me to it

1 series fighter?

Old 02-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The dramatic concept will be a celebration of Infiniti and its 20 years history as a creator of performance cars

I'm guessing it will be a high performance luxury sports car!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Like I have always said, if Infiniti comes out with a lighter, sportier 2 door coupe... bye bye G35 Coupe (though she will be missed)!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks interesting...

Source: Autoblog

Old 02-17-2009, 11:44 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
That looks like the rear quarter.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:50 PM
N50
damn tease!!! LOL

Old 02-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I would love to see that 4 door Infiniti with the GTR drivetrain they have been talking about making.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
I would love to see that 4 door Infiniti with the GTR drivetrain they have been talking about making.
I'd bet against that.

Nissan has openly stated that the GT-R-based Infiniti sedan project is on hold.

I'm guessing this is either the rumored smaller-than-the-G coupe rival to the BMW 1-series...

...which would be VERY cool!

Consider that Nissan has been trying to find a break in Europe for the Infiniti brand, and going down-market, high-volume appears to be their best bet.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:29 PM
N50
Originally Posted by 350Zed
I'd bet against that.

Nissan has openly stated that the GT-R-based Infiniti sedan project is on hold.

I'm guessing this is either the rumored smaller-than-the-G coupe rival to the BMW 1-series...

...which would be VERY cool!

Consider that Nissan has been trying to find a break in Europe for the Infiniti brand, and going down-market, high-volume appears to be their best bet.

Maybe in the U.S. However, for Europe they are harping exclusivity and low volume.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by N50
Maybe in the U.S. However, for Europe they are harping exclusivity and low volume.
Does that mean you're taking my bet then, and you're saying this isn't the sub-G small coupe?

Old 02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
N50
Originally Posted by 350Zed
Does that mean you're taking my bet then, and you're saying this isn't the sub-G small coupe?
How's much am I in for? LOL I really don't know. It could be the sub-G coupe. That was supposed to come next. And really, in today's market, that would make sense. It could the redesigned M as a type of 4 door coupe deal.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by N50
How's much am I in for? LOL I really don't know. It could be the sub-G coupe. That was supposed to come next. And really, in today's market, that would make sense. It could the redesigned M as a type of 4 door coupe deal.
...or the also-rumored Q replacement...

...maybe a full-sized "4-door coupe", a la Merc CLS?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Geneva Preview: Infiniti Concept coming with Louis Vuitton Luggage