The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

***update on my MAZDA flip key FOB mod. alternative to nissan key fob.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok i found the thread...good idea..our key fob is nasty....

Old 09-06-2006, 03:00 PM
you sir are amazing!

Old 09-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by accordfreak
well i finally got around to it. It looks like a hack job, but it works so far....

I basically did what the canadian guy did.. Well almost since he never posted pictures of what it looks like. I have one last hurdle to overcome.. The most important part.. BUTTONS. haha I was planing to do it oem style but it doesn't really work out. I tested out the remote with the wires connected and it works fine.. I just need to 4 freakin buttons that would work with this. Any ideas??? Now that i'm helping you guys out with DIYs, you have to help me out!

Does the button have to have only 2 legs because I found a couple buttons like the one on the Mazda key but it has 4 poles.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
thanks for all comments everyone. It keep me more motivated

Originally Posted by bb319675
Awesome job bro, just fyi the mazda key has the exact chip we do and is located on the other half of the fob...the half that holds the actual key, you have to take the screw out under the emblem and open the fob to get to it. You can pop it out and pop ours in(if you feel like it)

Nice job man, I'll have to try your DYI when I get a magnafying glass and some free time. Thanks for figuring it all out for us.

wow thanks for the find! I thought that screw was just to take out the rotating part of the key. less work for me hehe thanks.

oscottio- if you find the buttons that can be used that would be great. I want to finish this up asap.

kidfuzion- I wish I knew more about electronics but I'm not sure as to how the 4 prong button works. It would be best if it had 2 prongs. I tried testing it with the original mazda buttons but it didn't work. I was researching and I believe a couple of the legs are for ground. Let us know if you can locate some 2 legged buttons. thanks!

Old 09-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the switches with 4 prongs shud work the same as ones with 2. 2 legs on either side are connected. check for continuity if not sure?

Old 09-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Aznteazer
the switches with 4 prongs shud work the same as ones with 2. 2 legs on either side are connected. check for continuity if not sure?
I can get some and test them but I don't know how. How would I test for continuity? Do I use the multimeter and check it?

Old 09-06-2006, 06:31 PM
accordfreak, why don't you reuse mazda board? Is there no room to fit the mazda board and our G board? What I did with the Jetta keyfob was to route the circuit onto the G board from the Jetta board. This way you can reuse all the buttons on Jetta keyfob. The Jetta keyfob had all the buttons for our G(Lock, Unlock, Trunk, and Panic) I see that the mazda key fob is slimmer than the Jetta keyfob so you might not be able to squeeze two boards into the Mazda housing after all.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:03 PM
accordfreak, when you tried using the Mazda buttons how did you connect the wires? The 2 top legs are the same and the 2 bottom legs are the same so you should have connected 1 wire to the top and 1 wire to the bottom. Is that the way you connected it?

Old 09-06-2006, 10:46 PM
KIDfuzion!! you did it! you're the man! I tested the way you mentioned and it works! NO NEED TO BUY ANYTHING ELSE!! whoo hoo! a million thanks!! so yes the mazda buttons works.. connect one wire up top of the button and one on the bottom.

button - wire on bottom _ _ _ _=O=----- wire on top.

for materials all I bought was 30 gauge wire, and the mazda remote. a whooping total of 45 dollars for this!

MORE PICTURES TO COME TONIGHT.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:44 AM
updated final pic of the board on my first post. all done..everything works. just need to get the key cut. thanks everyone!

JD2k1- I thought about using both boards but the boards wouldn't fit. Any part I shave on the mazda casing, I would'n't be able to put back together. btw do you have any idea on how to wire an LED to light up when a button is pushed?

Last edited by accordfreak; 09-07-2006 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:57 AM
You did cut off the antenna when you cut off the battery. You may want to extend the green wire that is going straight across the board, it would probably work better if it was angled up like the orignal antenna. You may want to do what the other guy did and use some silver antenna wire to get better reception.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Work of art. great detail and pixs. thankyou for all the info. this is a must do for all of us.

it looks so simple now.

Old 09-07-2006, 03:06 AM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
simply beautiful...so when do you want to start selling them? lol

Old 09-07-2006, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by accordfreak
updated final pic of the board on my first post. all done..everything works. just need to get the key cut. thanks everyone!

JD2k1- I thought about using both boards but the boards wouldn't fit. Any part I shave on the mazda casing, I would'n't be able to put back together. btw do you have any idea on how to wire an LED to light up when a button is pushed?
So I got the button to light up with an LED when you push the button, the only problem is that it blinks a couple of times everytime you press the button instead of blinking just one time. I have tried it and it works with all the buttons. To get the light you connect a lead from the gold pad near the 3rd leg of the IC1 to one side of the LED and connect the other lead from the LED to a ground. Look at the picture, the pad is in the red square.

Last edited by KiDFuZioN; 09-07-2006 at 04:36 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Great job man... it certainly looks like a hack job but all that matters is most people can do it and it works. Thanks for figuring this out. You always do nice work.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***update on my MAZDA flip key FOB mod. alternative to nissan key fob.