G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Owners of VQ Oil Consumption

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here it is folks:
ITB08-002 G35 OC TSB.pdf
Excellent!! You are my hero. Where did you get the bulletin from?

Old 01-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by EarlyG35
Excellent!! You are my hero. Where did you get the bulletin from?
I'm a moderator on another Infiniti forum that has all TSB's and service manuals
Enjoy everyone

Old 01-12-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm a moderator on another Infiniti forum that has all TSB's and service manuals
Which one? I would like to see all the bulletins and manuals.

Is the other forum OK with you posting the bulletin here?

Old 01-12-2008, 05:36 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by EarlyG35
Which one? I would like to see all the bulletins and manuals.

Is the other forum OK with you posting the bulletin here?
Infinitihelp.com

It's not a direct link from their site. It's from MY computer.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Infinitihelp.com

Thanks!!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about 2004 6MT

I'm starting to see unusual consumption on my 2004 6MT sedan. I am at a little over 70k miles. Does any of this apply to the earlier cars?

Old 01-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by RacerX
I'm starting to see unusual consumption on my 2004 6MT sedan. I am at a little over 70k miles. Does any of this apply to the earlier cars?
I have an '03 6MT burning 1 qt/500 miles. The TSB does not apply to our cars, but as long as the powertrain warranty is valid we whould qualify for engine replacement.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Infinitihelp.com

I can only download 1 per day, (tsb`s)?

Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
too bad infiniti consumer affairs is horrible at returning calls. my OC issue has been documented, escalated to regional sup and now pushed over my powertrain warranty (70k+). So far the service I've recieved from Infiniti has been crap since day one. trust me, this will be the last.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:06 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by alpineninfinity
I can only download 1 per day, (tsb`s)?
Throw them 10 bones and you'll get unlimited downloads of TSB's AND complete service manuals
Well worth 10 bones imho and it supports the forum site. + they're on top of things when new TSB's are released...ie: current OC TSB.
Originally Posted by whyujockin
too bad infiniti consumer affairs is horrible at returning calls. my OC issue has been documented, escalated to regional sup and now pushed over my powertrain warranty (70k+). So far the service I've recieved from Infiniti has been crap since day one. trust me, this will be the last.
Being your issue officially started and is documented prior to warrany expiration, they imo should still honor your warranty replacement.
With Infiniti currently giving you the 'talk to the hand' treatment, I would get the ball rolling with the BBB.
That'll get Infiniti's attention and I'll bet they'll call you soon afterwards asking how high and how far you what them to jump.
Read same experiences with the Z peeps with Nissan CS and BBB involved.
G/L

Old 01-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah. I`ll give em the 10 bucks well worth it imo. Now I just purchased my car with 66k miles on it. Warranty is about to be up however I purchased a warranty for the vehicle that covers engine overhauls and w.e. Should I call up my infiniti dealer and tell them I have an OC issue just to cover my *** before the factory warranty is up ?

Old 01-20-2008, 05:46 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by alpineninfinity
Yeah. I`ll give em the 10 bucks well worth it imo. Now I just purchased my car with 66k miles on it. Warranty is about to be up however I purchased a warranty for the vehicle that covers engine overhauls and w.e. Should I call up my infiniti dealer and tell them I have an OC issue just to cover my *** before the factory warranty is up ?
You could call to inform them, but they will need to physically document your OC before they'll order you a new VQ.

So you could just go there and tell them. They'll (or should) do one of two things. Either check your current level and top off or if you're due for oil service, perform that and start fresh at F mark. -side note: Make sure they show you that either way. Heard stories of over filling which is not in your favor when it comes to consumption monitoring.-

Then tell you to come back between 1000 - 3750 miles; their decision on that btw. Unless you know your consumption from self monitoring, like I did. Then they'll usually gauge when to come back based on your info. Me: told them 1qt/2500mi. They said to return after 1000mi. Ok, see you then.

When you come back, they'll check level and compare to TSB chart. They only need to confirm once, not like the past with three or more visits to confirm prior to TSB. You'll either be in the 'ok' range (no new VQ) or 'no good' range. If in 'no good' range, they will, (or supposed to, and TSB says to) order you a new VQ.

You/they will be able to officially document your OC before the warranty miles up, unless it's a x amount of months until warranty expires.
Remember, it's miles or months...which ever comes first

They also need oil service documentation. Try to get from previous owner if P/P sale or if by a dealer idk if they would have that. Infiniti dealer can run vin and pull up your G's history on their system. Hopefully past owner will have had service done by either Nissan/Infiniti dealers. Their databases are linked together. I know this for a fact from a past time I needed something from a Nissan dealer. They knew all about me and my G...interesting.

Hope that helped.

G/L

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 01-20-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:52 PM
At ~7,900mi, I took my G35 coupe 6MT to Infiniti dealership when I started hearing a knocking noise and noticed that the "check engine" light would come up every few times a week. I was called in 4 more times after that (every 1000mi) specifically for oil-level testing. The dealership received an approval to replace the engine, and at 14,500mi, after just about 6 months, I drove out with a new one (10102-AC7M9). I was told to go easy for the initial 12-15K.

After driving about 1000mi now, I am running low on oil. I just checked it myself. I plan on taking it to the dealership soon to record it formally.

But this is not the only problem I am having, the new engine seems to be a lot louder and a bit sluggish too.. yes.. definitely not the ride I got used too!!

I would like to hear from users who have been through the replacement and thier findings.

How should I approach this problem now?

Old 02-24-2008, 10:40 PM
6MT Coupe
^ File again with the NHTSA. It's another defect...again imo.
And get BBB involved for your 'last repair attempt' in preperation for buy-back if your second replacement fails. That'd be strike 3 and could Lemon Law it, depending on your state lemon laws.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:00 PM
I have had the replacement motor in for about three months and not a drop of oil has been burned !!! I really took it easy and broke it in slow ! I drive it like I stole it now to see if it would burn oil and nothing !!! Part number ending in 9 is what I got !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Owners of VQ Oil Consumption