The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I found my rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Braintree
This must be what the beginnings of a lynch mob looks like!!!!

I accidentally bought used parts for my ancient MGB (20 years ago) from a "reputable store" that bought from chop shops- even the clerks had no idea where the stuff came from (I lived in East LA at the time). I didn't know the parts were "hot," but was confronted by a guy who claimed my rims were his stolen ones. He decided I needed a good ***-whoopin and pulled out his baseball bat, but I talked him down. We both approached the so called "reputable" store owner.

Here's a summary of the collective "wisdom" of 95% of those who responded to this post (and the OP has yet to write back in):
  • tape a bullet to his windshield
  • Kick his a$$
  • get a bunch of fellow G owners and wait for him to get out of work, then jump him
  • throw diesel and sugar in the tank
  • Loosen his lug nuts and let him drive off
  • destroy his rims and tires
  • destroy the car
  • ***** him up good
  • Steal the rims back
  • combine all of the recommendations (i.e., kick his a$$, destroy his car, steal the rims back, etc.)
  • etc., etc., etc.
Nuff said!
My wife (an attorney) did make one observation:

If the OP was mentally ill (as defined by the courts) and committed a crime (i.e., loosen his lug nuts, kick his a$$, etc.) as recommended in this forum, what legal liability/protection does G35 Driver have (not those who post but the forum as a whole)?
As an attorney, I would think that she would know the answer....

As one aspiring to be an attorney, hopefully starting school in the fall or 09, I would think that the "terms of service" that were agreed to upon registration to this forum would take care of that. Perhaps they would expressly state something to this effect: The forum is a virtual gathering place to exchange automobile related information and any information (suggested action) provided by forum members, or action taken based on information provided herein, is not the responsibility of the forum operators or owners.
i.e. we are not liable for idiocy. Maybe?

Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MyocyteX
As an attorney, I would think that she would know the answer....

As one aspiring to be an attorney, hopefully starting school in the fall or 09, I would think that the "terms of service" that were agreed to upon registration to this forum would take care of that. Perhaps they would expressly state something to this effect: The forum is a virtual gathering place to exchange automobile related information and any information (suggested action) provided by forum members, or action taken based on information provided herein, is not the responsibility of the forum operators or owners.
i.e. we are not liable for idiocy. Maybe?
We use informed consent, as you know, to protect ourselves and the patient. In court, I've seen a good attorney shred the consent form before the jury in <5 minutes and a practice lose. The legalities and formalities are like gnats in court: not very substantive with a good attorney. Good luck in your studies!

Old 12-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by iiiiiekoiiiii
jack em back and lleave a note,

HAHA got my rims back ********** =]

It blows my mind the dumb comments im reading in this thread.

Is anyone on here over the age of 16 ?

Old 12-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct

Uh yeah? WTF are you really asking that question?

Old 12-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
OP do what ever you want to do but please dont end up like this mo fo or your azz will be banned

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RhjnzwDWeU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RhjnzwDWeU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 12-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Fawk that if that was my wheels and I was 110% sure I would have waited for him to come out of the mall and would have made him take them off right there one way or another.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Can't wait for the op to get out of jail, tell us which suggestion he followed, and which avenue of subsequent litigation he pursues!

Old 12-30-2008, 04:19 AM
Originally Posted by Trbulnt
The reality is...GET THE POLICE INVOLVED!!! Show your evidence and go from there. Lowering yourself to their standards does nothing. For all you know the license plates are fake on the car as well. As mentioned from Braintree the parts could have been purchased with no thought to them being stolen. Thats what most theives do! They steal than sell. For your own best interests do not do anything irrational.

Originally Posted by nghiars
it took 2 pages for someone to say something intelligent! wow! If your insurance co. has pics of the wheels and tires, get the polic involved, you have evidence and if this was the douche that stole your rims, he prob has the infiniti caps sitting at home! plus he'll get hit with Grand theft! If not and he just purchased the wheels, you'll be glad and free of guilt for not doing something to the wrong person.
seriously i was surprised to see it took the 2nd page for a mature answer to be read. No one has proof that the accord owner was the actual thief in the first place.

honestly i say you call the cops and go from there.

I got locked up for kicken a kids *** that stole my stereo.. I was in high school but the money i had to spend on lawyers wasnt worth the stereo...
firsthand experience! what a rarity on the internet! sorry the way things worked out for you.

Originally Posted by spree
Before you do anything make sure it's the guy who actually stole them. It's possible he just bought them from the retards who did the job.

EDIT* I see someone already mentioned this on the second page.
yeah but people still posted dumb stuff after...:wtf:

apparently not :sad:

Originally Posted by ZXERT
Yeah, Everyones gotta take a chill pill. Or six.

Really, the only way you'll get to the bottom of this is to go through the cops. Drive to the mall, park your car behind his and wait for them to show up. If he did the job he'll go to jail, if he bought them from someone then they will take the rap.

Imagine this. You buy a new set of wheels of craigslist and you're minding your own business, walking out of work, and a bunch of random guys beat your a$$ screaming about stealing wheels.

Have the police find out who did it. Then, wait 3 months and do something rediculous.

Off the top of my head, take a sawsall and cut triangles everywhere. Nothing like having to replace every single body panel.

Also, PLEASE make sure you scout the location for suveilance cameras before hand(like 2 weeks before?). The only thing worse than a criminal is a stupid criminal.

If you're a rage filled teenager then do something, but if you can be an adult just let it go. Really, either way, but its hard to get a job when you have felony assault charges on your file.
yep, over a set of wheels. pretty lame.

Originally Posted by johnhanson007
Can't wait for the op to get out of jail, tell us which suggestion he followed, and which avenue of subsequent litigation he pursues!
did he really go to jail?

Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want to know where the OP went.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why dont you just key there car instead of waiting to beat them up? much easier and just as satifying... and im sure the accord bought them off someone because why would you jack em and them put them on your car??

Old 12-30-2008, 07:29 AM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
lol guys talking about maturity, I post stupid ideas like that just for the fun of it. Something I would do if there were no cops and no consequences for doing so, but alas, that is not the case in today's society. I think everyone else who gave an immature answer is simply for the fun of enjoyment of just thinking about the ridiculousness of just the thought of doing it. You just can't do any of that today, because 1. The OP must be thinking about if I get this kid back, there's 99% probablity they will know who did it and **** my G and my world up, and 2. Getting the cops involved is a lot easier and safer. If the OP really was dumb enough to follow through on any of our "suggestions" then he probably belongs in jail.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Received 190 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by G ZILLA
through a gallon of deisel and 1/2lb of sugar in the tank.

case closed.

best thing to do is find the car again. call 911 (non emergency line) have an officer dispatched.

I was totally joking too... but I did give the only advice that will help...

best thing to do is find the car again. call 911 (non emergency line) have an officer dispatched.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
^+1 Of course we all would be angry and not driving with a full nest. GZilla what ever happened with the asshats that jacked your wheels? I know they got caught but whats going on with the case now?

Old 12-30-2008, 03:24 PM
<last post>

Get you rims back the LEGAL way and sell it. LOL, I will buy it at a reduced reduced price. im serious thou !!

<Dont fight fire with fire in the end u too will get burn>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I found my rims