The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I hate Vtec!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brandon402
Cait.... come on! Please tell me you're joking here... please....!!

Sigh... ok to address your "weight on dyno" comment. I am fully aware during setup, that inputting the weight of the vehicle into the computer is part of the process. I know that it tells the computer how much resistance to put on the rollers against the wheels.

As for the 350z getting walked.... Im not even going to go into that. I'll just say one thing... POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO. Look it up. Thats why the Z loses. And thats not what we're even talking about here. Who would lose in a race between a 350z with basic bolt ons vs a HIGHLY modified k20 swapped hatch? Thats a no brainer. But you also have to take into account driver ability/experience and suspension. Its not all engine in racing you know.

And im not "flogging" you (although if you'd like a good flogging im sure there are a couple dudes on here who would help ya out with that) im merely pointing out your flawed info and the fact that you're still making comparisons between two platforms that couldnt be any more different.

Ok, to finalize my point... here... lets take one of our motors and toss it in that same civic. Ok? Aside from all the fab work and blah blah blah electronics and such.... lets just assume it works flawlessly (just for the sake of argument). Now... the k20 swapped civic vs the 6cylinder vq-whatever the hell it is... Whos gonna win? Same exact setups, only one has the v6 and one has the 4? Pretty easy to call that one dont you think? Thats what im saying.. .they are too different to compare. Its not a fair comparison.

Oh, and as for your kpro untuned blah blah blah. You can do a simple afr tune on those and still see gains. Which, I would hope, you would do immediately after installing. Because I dont care whos .bin file you get or whos base map, there are too many different variables between different cars to assume that map 1 will work in car a. Maybe car a's map was setup in a completely different environment, maybe it had different supporting mods from different manufacturers. There are too many variables to assume anything.
The k20 had intake header exhaust and an untuned kpro! most of the base maps that comes on those cars nothing is really done with I promise! Driver accountability does play a huge part and I'm a pretty good driver but I also have friends that are great drivers that I let drive my car and the end result is the same everytime now I will be an *** and pick on my boyfriend! I'm not trying to be an *** I'm just stating my opinions and my knowledge on things! I just don't feel like arguing anymore but I will post up the dyno sheet today of the car along with pictures!

PS anyone have a JDM double din kit they wanna sell me? I'm pretty desperate!

Old 06-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LoL, this is like arguing with my ex-wife. Twas a lose lose from the get go... Well, I'll just do as Ive had to do in the past and end with a "Yes Dear..." and let it go....

(as for your double din, if its not in the market place, you'll probably have to get it from www.japanparts.com; pretty sure thats where everyone else gets theirs)

Old 06-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
im confused with caits_g in some post its a HE talking and in others its a SHE

pick a gender already or are you honda guys confused about that too?

Old 06-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by eljoker

^lol

I cant understand why there is ten pages of people talking about hondas like there a good thing When I was in high school I thought they were ok, but not as a 28 year old. There kids toys

Old 06-09-2009, 05:34 PM

its never been a he talking what the hell are you talking about? apparently your the only one thats confused

Old 06-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Caits_g shouldn't even be driving a G...go play with ur baby hondas..

Old 06-09-2009, 05:52 PM
i have still yet to understand how you can keep compairng any car in the honda/acura line to the G

face the truth already, there is no car that can compair to the G, the 350z and s2000 are your only compairsion that can be made
i guess you can compair the AC to the Accord but to campair an rsk to a G is like compairing a bike and a skate board

also the k20 is a nice motor but its no where near the VQs range/playing field,just like th VQ does not compair to the K series, quit trying to compair it already its a 4 banger to a 6 banger, is that so hard to understand?

and since skip all the bull **** aside, you keep insisiting that a civic hatch with a k20 will do this and that but its funny how it needs the k20 to do that, seriously get over it your on a G35driver forum and you claim to be an enthusiast but you cant seem to understand that your reasoning for compairing Gs to Civics, Zs to intergras, yadi yada makes no sense

have a nice day.. no seriously have a nice day and try not to let the door hit you on the way out

Old 06-09-2009, 07:11 PM
whom compares about comparing I just think that you are so funny because you are up on a high horse about owning a g! the g is a nice car but really why is it that you can't give credit where credit is due? why are you so egotistical about your car? thats one thing that I hate! I know a guy that owns a ferrari, a maserati, and also a twin turbo x5 and he doesn't get such such a big head and high and mighty? He even thinks that hondas are a great thing and thats where he orignially started he even said that he owned another one?! So why is it our 30k cars when they were brand new in whatever year they were made in and here this guy is with his cars that are used still cost way more than our g's do why is it that he can give credit where credit is due but you have such a chip on your shoulder that you can't? Makes no sense to me and you can't say class has anything to do with it! Cars should be looked at in a whole set not in the close mindedness that is being brought up, every car is unique in its own way and everyone has different taste in modding them I just don't get why you have to be like hondas are ****ty because people rice them out bad news people will rice any car out because in there mind they think that it looks good! Most people whom have these riced out civics buy them extremely cheap because they have 300k on them then they go to APC buy a kit and ride with the stock whack single cam in it, but then you have the guys whom turn in around and make it into an art form!

Old 06-09-2009, 07:33 PM
what i dont seem to get is how you come to our forum bragging about honda this honda that, my buddy runs this, my bf did that and not expect us to tell you off

or how your think posting vids about monstor hondas/acuras on a nissan/infiniti forum is cool, theres a reason we post here, we own a damn Nissan/infiniti

seriously im sure that if on of us went to a honda/acura forum and did the same you'd get your crusty panties in a bunch

you stated that you are not happy with your G and that it doesnt compair to the XXX with swapped XX engine and bla bla bla

ok fine thats cool, we know the Gs arent the fastest or the most bang for the buck but we also know what the G was built for, a nice comfortable ride with enough power to put a smile on our faces and enough style to make other ppl look twice in a good way

if we wanted a pocket rocket id still have my b13 se-r with a neo swap

Let me see if i can make it as clear as possible and read it slow if your having trouble understanding this, and if you still dont get it, then feel free to ask.

THIS IS G-35-DRIVER.COM. THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE HERE WILL TELL YOU TO **** OFF WITH YOUR HONDA CRAP JUST LIKE HONDA-TECH.COM WILL TELL US TO **** OFF WITH OUR NISSAN CRAP. REGARDLESS OF WEATHER YOU ARE A CAR ENTHUSIEST OR A FANBOI, IT WORKS BOTH WAYS!!!

Like i said quit compairing apples to oranges already, your not gonna get anywhere, not here or any other place. In the end of the day the G is niether better nor worse than a RSX just like the RSX isnt better nor worse than a G.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:47 PM
i didn't read anything but this last page...

i'm was a big ol honda dood, and still am. i bought my g so that i would daily driver it and be able to focus on my honda project... pfffff like they said, hondas used to be nice.. but eventually you gotta grow up to bigger and better things. are hondas nice? yes. i can give respect to ANYONE that builds a great car, don't matter if it's ford toyota honda nissan don't matter. we are all here for the same thing, to builds cars to reflect ourselves and show off to the world... cause if your not building a car for you... what's the point?

you can put 5-10k in a honda and wipe the streets with the best of them... vipers, g's 350's **** you can beat anything if you really want... but at the end of the day, your driving a honda home with roll up windows and kbb value of 3k after you dropped 10 grand under the hood, and before you say idk what i am talking about i own a real civic type R, i was gonna build it all crazy, got as far as full tuck brake lines fuel lines etc, shaved the whole damn thing. has a k20 going in it, spoon n1 dampers, cprs, the best of best for this car. was a 30k build easy. now i'm just puttin the k20 in it and beatin the **** out of it at the track. a real R gettin treated like ****, never thought i would see the day i would do that... hondas are the steppin stone to bigger and better things.. i love my hondas just don't wanna own one for the rest of my life.

Last edited by craftysince86; 06-09-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by craftysince86

i'm was a big ol honda dood, and still am. i bought my g so that i would daily driver it and be able to focus on my honda project... pfffff like they said, hondas used to be nice.. but eventually you gotta grow up to bigger and better things. are hondas nice? yes. i can give respect to ANYONE that builds a great car, don't matter if it's ford toyota honda nissan don't matter. we are all here for the same thing, to builds cars to reflect ourselves and show off to the world... cause if your not building a car for you... what's the point?

you can put 5-10k in a honda and wipe the streets with the best of them... vipers, g's 350's **** you can beat anything if you really want... but at the end of the day, your driving a honda home with roll up windows and kbb value of 3k after you dropped 10 grand under the hood, and before you say idk what i am talking about i own a real civic type R, i was gonna build it all crazy, got as far as full tuck brake lines fuel lines etc, shaved the whole damn thing. has a k20 going in it, spoon n1 dampers, cprs, the best of best for this car. was a 30k build easy. now i'm just puttin the k20 in it and beatin the **** out of it at the track. a real R gettin treated like ****, never thought i would see the day i would do that... hondas are the steppin stone to bigger and better things.. i love my hondas just don't wanna own one for the rest of my life.

nobody wants to own the car they probably drive now for the rest of the life I wasn't saying that nor implying it I was just wanting someone to give credit where credit is due and not just have a big head because they drive a luxury vehicle! I think that all cars should be looked at as a stepping stone to bigger and better things and so should life experiences! I fully plan one day though to have me an e55amg maybe sometime real soon actually been looking at those for a while now

Old 06-09-2009, 11:31 PM
+1 on the Vtec Hate

Old 06-10-2009, 12:57 AM
A.H
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrXGuzzy
+1 on the Vtec Hate

Old 06-10-2009, 03:09 AM
holy ****. I can't believe I read past page 3. Most of you are a bunch of whiner fanboys that need to get out of your G, get into your Honda Septic and **** right off.

Honestly this isn't a question of who's cam flux capacitor can conjure demons from the 7th realm. Nobody gives a ****.

If you bought a G, then enjoy it. Stop whining about it. There will always be groups of people that annoy you. There will always be idiots that buy cars and mangle them. Realize that this is THEIR car, and not YOURS. Until they decide to ruin your car, it's none of your ****ing business. This is nothing more than a mere pissing contest. Yeah sure your car has VTEC-i/a/e/t/d/b/e/f/g, nobody cares.

And to clarify, I've owned 2 1997-2000 Preludes, VTEC is by no means: "fast".

This dude said it best:
Originally Posted by craftysince86

Last edited by PublicEnemy; 06-10-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:16 AM
what i dont seem to get is how you come to our forum bragging about honda this honda that, my buddy runs this, my bf did that and not expect us to tell you off

or how your think posting vids about monstor hondas/acuras on a nissan/infiniti forum is cool, theres a reason we post here, we own a damn Nissan/infiniti

seriously im sure that if on of us went to a honda/acura forum and did the same you'd get your crusty panties in a bunch

you stated that you are not happy with your G and that it doesnt compair to the XXX with swapped XX engine and bla bla bla

ok fine thats cool, we know the Gs arent the fastest or the most bang for the buck but we also know what the G was built for, a nice comfortable ride with enough power to put a smile on our faces and enough style to make other ppl look twice in a good way

if we wanted a pocket rocket id still have my b13 se-r with a neo swap

Let me see if i can make it as clear as possible and read it slow if your having trouble understanding this, and if you still dont get it, then feel free to ask.

THIS IS G-35-DRIVER.COM. THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE HERE WILL TELL YOU TO **** OFF WITH YOUR HONDA CRAP JUST LIKE HONDA-TECH.COM WILL TELL US TO **** OFF WITH OUR NISSAN CRAP. REGARDLESS OF WEATHER YOU ARE A CAR ENTHUSIEST OR A FANBOI, IT WORKS BOTH WAYS!!!

Like i said quit compairing apples to oranges already, your not gonna get anywhere, not here or any other place. In the end of the day the G is niether better nor worse than a RSX just like the RSX isnt better nor worse than a G.

+1...lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.