The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I hate Vtec!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah you can usually find ap1s pretty cheap but the ap2s are still pretty high!

Old 06-07-2009, 07:15 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Here are my thoughts on all of this.

Originally Posted by caits_g
I have had my car for 4 years and I haven't really enjoyed it! No matter how you look at it you can't knock a honda!
Cait,

Unfortunately, yes we can knock a Honda, or any other car for that matter. This statement contradicts what you say later about people having their opinions and the ability to express them.

You cannot condone one type of group of car enthusiast any more or any less than anyone because with each group you have large amounts of douchebags and tools!
True that. It's just a reflection of society in general. There are a lot of tools and complete idiots out there from all walks of life. We would like to think that Infiniti is a classy car that douchebags don't drive, but cruise the forum for a minute or 2 and you'll see that's not true. Seems like we've picked up more than ever lately.

Sigh...........

Ugly troll? ha thats funny and actually pretty hilarious, I am a very open person about my opinion and I express it no matter what because frankly I don't care!I just hate it when I go to nissan/infiniti meets and they think they are hot **** because they own a "luxury sports car"! Why does owning this car make you any better than one person or one group of cars? Why can't we all just say wow that car is beautiful? instead we condone one group to the ignorance of the 1 to million ratio! you are telling me and this other guy to get off of the forum for something that we feel and we expressed our opinions that makes you just as bad! yes I know that honda people JUST LIKE every other click has something to say about somebody else that is how it goes and honestly the group of people whom I feel are worse are probably toyota people because my boyfriends brother owns a ton of supra and when I drove one to the supra meet those were the biggest tool bags in the world talking about you only spent 15k in your car thats childs play and they think that the car is god almighty (all though the supra is probably pretty close to godliness lol) My point is don't subject a group of people because of the few huge ricers that are around! I think that respect should be given where it is needed and just because a honda with a swap in it is not what you would consider a suitable car most people would!

Anyways can't we all just get along and have intelligent conversation with actual backing of facts instead of just saying one car is a piece of ****?

http://www.myspace.com/jdmguccibitch <----this is me not a troll and ignore the name had a friend do it not a wise choice to leave your computer logged in!
He didn't call you an ugly troll, just a troll. Let's be fair in our communication with each other.

I believe that no one is inherently 'better' than anyone else. Some people have more money, higher ethical standards, harder work ethic, or are more mature, etc. but deep down we are all people. Incredible creations that in spite of all of our positive attributes, are inherently flawed and far from perfect. IMO a lot like the G.

That being said, we will always have that group of people that puff out their chests thinking that they are better than others for a variety of reasons. Sucks, but it is what it is. I have to agree with a couple of things you have said:
"Why can't we all just say wow that car is beautiful?"
"Anyways can't we all just get along and have intelligent conversation"

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the freedom to express it. However, it's my opinion that if someone is just trying to stir the pot to be an azzhole on here, we have the right to call them out and let them know it's not appreciated or wanted. This forum is intended to be educational, humorous, and informative. It is not intended to be a place where people can come and just act like a dick for shock value. Hence the passionate responses to jibberjabber. He's being a dick just because he can.

I respect you for the way you think and what you say. I don't agree with everything you have said, but you appear to be a level-headed person and someone who's fairly mature and well-spoken for being 21. That's a refreshing change from some of the other young owners we have picked up lately. And you're definitely not ugly

Originally Posted by parhamm1
All I've read from Jibber is nonsense about how VTEC is more advanced, blah, blah... Great, in your opinion you think a VTEC engine is better then the G's. Does anyone here really care? G35driver is for G drivers, not Honda enthusiasts. You're not a benefit to this community and therefore you should leave, Jibber. Stop attempting to put G drivers "in their place" because when it comes down to it Infiniti make a much nicer and more classy car then Honda, hands down. Goodnight.

I've made my feelings about him perfectly clear......

Old 06-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Troll is an internet term...never meant to imply you were ugly. Your not at all.
Why can't we all just say wow that car is beautiful?
I'm assuming your refering to hondas in this. Honestly, I've EVER seen one good looking honda, and it's my friends stock ap2. Every other one has a huge fart can, spray painted and is totally riced out. So you see where my opinion comes from.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:39 AM
My wife has a vtec and its good ONLY on a role because its only front right wheel drive. You get in a vtec and drop the clutch and watch the one wheel burn out lol. Unless they have lsd

Old 06-07-2009, 10:02 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Shakuya88
Troll is an internet term...never meant to imply you were ugly. Your not at all.

I'm assuming your refering to hondas in this. Honestly, I've EVER seen one good looking honda, and it's my friends stock ap2. Every other one has a huge fart can, spray painted and is totally riced out. So you see where my opinion comes from.
She was referring to her G I believe.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:23 AM
hahah this is getting good well glad i got them both. so i was a honda fan forever and i guess you could have said i would have fit right in with the whole "ricer" crowd but now i im more into the "gotta have a nice sunday car" thing....... i have 3 hondas, 97 accord 4dr 97 acura integra ls 2dr fully built but looks so rice and a 05 rsx type s all serve a perpouse but the g was my dream car...... so i got one and now i try to save every dime i get so i can dump it into the g is it worth it? i would like to think so but every time i see my friends s2k it makes me wish i had one........ dont get me wrong i love the g its just so damn expensive to make it fast and look good thas all and im prob gonna get flamed like you shouldnt have bought a car you cant maintain or stfu you honda *** but hey when you own 7 cars and out of all of them the g is the most expensive to mod i guess i can be kinda bias .......

CARS INCLUDE

97 accord
97 integra ls
05 rsx type s
73 mach 1 mustang "ugly imo"
99 porsche boxster
03 g35 coupe 6mt
and my beater a 92 316 i bmw 4dr 5speed

im only 21 but i love cars, all cars, or maybe i have a problem at least thats what my wife thinks.....

Old 06-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LoL... this thread got real goofy real quick. Obviously Jabber and his girl here are Honda fanbois...hooray? As was stated eariler, why even register and post here then? If you dont want to be here... heres a news flash... we want you here even less than you wanna be here. So, do us all a favor, and just bounce.

As for posting what your bf has done at his shop and yadda yadda.... and? Im sure honda-tech.com can appreciate that, but we could give two rats pubes less about those cars. Yes, they are fast... but.... they go on the same list as "two girls one cup" mildly entertaining but nonetheless pointless to us here.

Im an ex-honda guy myself, i know how fun they can be, i know how damn near limitless the eg/ej/ek platforms are to mod. Im even aware of how much potential the k motors have, as a matter of fact I would never have done my h swap if the k swap had even been out yet.

But, that crap is not for here, as no one cares.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Old 06-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by marcinr
VTEC is pretty awesome. I've got the Toyota version of it in my other car (VVTL-i). Normally, when the engine would be dead over 6k RPM, the second cam kicks in and it's like you've got a new engine until redline. It's a different driving experience. The G is all torque all the time, while you have to keep RPM's up for VTEC, but it's also fun.
VVTL-I is awesome, the L stats for lift. The Lotus exige has this engine. Same as Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Matrix, Toyota Celica, Toyota Corolla. But you had to get the GTS, XRS models.
Since then the engine is no longer being made for toyota or Pontiac I think last year was 06 or something like that. Because of emission issues. They should of made a V6 version of it hehe or a V8.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by brandon402
LoL... this thread got real goofy real quick. Obviously Jabber and his girl here are Honda fanbois...hooray? As was stated eariler, why even register and post here then? If you dont want to be here... heres a news flash... we want you here even less than you wanna be here. So, do us all a favor, and just bounce.

As for posting what your bf has done at his shop and yadda yadda.... and? Im sure honda-tech.com can appreciate that, but we could give two rats pubes less about those cars. Yes, they are fast... but.... they go on the same list as "two girls one cup" mildly entertaining but nonetheless pointless to us here.

Im an ex-honda guy myself, i know how fun they can be, i know how damn near limitless the eg/ej/ek platforms are to mod. Im even aware of how much potential the k motors have, as a matter of fact I would never have done my h swap if the k swap had even been out yet.

But, that crap is not for here, as no one cares.
actually I am not his girl and two isn't this an open end discussion about hondas? so if the topic had been brought up and presumed then why is this a problem? this is a debate back and forth in which facts are being brought up there will be no right nor wrong to this but your getting completely bent out of shape about this! this isn't the first time something like this has been brought up about hondas and has sparked for debate, I just think its funny that because an individual has a different poi that you get offended

Old 06-07-2009, 05:19 PM
My buddy has an 08 SI sedan, I've driven his car plenty of times, VTECH is pretty neat. But we have never raced, anyone ever go aganist a 06+ SI sedan? How'd it turn out?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:22 PM
you should be ok if you decide to race it that car is pretty heavy! I have raced a couple of rsx type s vehicles and have beat them most of them had some kind of mod wether that be intake, header, or exhaust just depends! if you wanna see an interesting race, race a cobalt ss whether it be the turbo or the supercharged one from a dig you will devour that thing, I know i did lol

Old 06-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Old 06-07-2009, 06:19 PM
actually I am not his girl and two isn't this an open end discussion about hondas? so if the topic had been brought up and presumed then why is this a problem? this is a debate back and forth in which facts are being brought up there will be no right nor wrong to this but your getting completely bent out of shape about this! this isn't the first time something like this has been brought up about hondas and has sparked for debate, I just think its funny that because an individual has a different poi that you get offended
Why would you think this is an open discussion about hondas? The thread is called "I hate Vtec" were in the thread name does it say "open discussion about Vtec" So if you dont like them then great! Jump in and talk about it, if you like them then got start a thread about it "Vtec is cool yo" or "I like to build cheap cars yo"

Now back ON TOPIC I dont like Vtec's my self There popular imo because there cheap to buy and so are the parts.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Tian
LOL? Bitter much?

S2k vs. G35

G35 vs RSX

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.