The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I hate Vtec!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Honda lawn mower has vtec LOL jk.

It all depends on how clean the car is and not riced out. But I love my gcoupe.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Actually, if I see a clean Honda GSR or Civic etc.... I'll take a 2nd look. Because ones done right are so effin' rare it's ridiculous. And THAT guy must wade though a ton of idiots for just having a Honda.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:19 PM
why has this convo even made it to 9 pages?

How are you guys comparing a 4cyl to a 6cyl?

first of all obviously everyone on a infiniti/nissan forum is gonna be bias to their car with an exception of a few. Two you cant compare a 4cyl to a 6cyl. Thats like comparing apples to oranges. You guys need to understand that every car has its own niche with its own follower and car lovers. If you guys cant give honda credit for producing a car with a better Hp/L ratio then cars that are 4 times its price then you guys are complete idiots and dont even deserve to be called car people. Me on the other hand i respect all cars, they all have potential and some cost more then others to bring out that potential. And every car has its pros and cons. Another thing that honda has done very well is they produced one of the best trannys ive ever felt. If our G/Z's could even shift half as well we could only be so lucky.

So in the 9 pages of arguing, has this thread accomplished anything?

Old 06-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
LOL at the honda hating.
+1 I guess some people have nothing better to do

Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
the real covo here should be nissans neo vvl to hondas vtech

not the vvl on the VQ to the vtec on the K/B series

also compairing G/Zs to hatchs and fwd intergras is not smart

honda makes good **** but for a totally diffrent level there is no car in hondas line that you can compair to the G

the s2000 vs 350z is the only thing that is an apples to apples match

now if you guys want to have a convo about Neo VVL vs Vtec the go ahead but posting videos of integras with k20 swaps is just as retarted as me or any other owner of a G going to honda-tech.com and posting TT build Gs and 1,000 GTRs

Old 06-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eljoker
but posting videos of integras with k20 swaps is just as retarted as me or any other owner of a G going to honda-tech.com and posting TT build Gs and 1,000 GTRs
Exactly my point. If I wanted more info on the k20 and how "all mighty" it is, I'd just pop back over to honda-tech.com (try and re-remember my pw) and read.

This went from vtec is stupid to look how great a k20 swap is in a.....

Oh, and as for that 350z putting down 226 with i/h/e.... come on.... 226 whp? Riiiiiiight..... give me a break. Did you guys pull a couple coil packs to make it run on 4 cylinders to make it fair? I dont buy that for one second. Show me the sheet and the supporting video Mrs. Spielberg....

LOL! And what in the ever loving world of anything, would the weight of the car matter when talking dyno numbers?

Old 06-08-2009, 04:30 PM
^1+

Old 06-09-2009, 09:21 AM
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...0z_exhaust.jpg

i made a mistake on it there is also a video also the car made like 240

Old 06-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by caits_g
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...0z_exhaust.jpg

i made a mistake on it there is also a video also the car made like 240
LoL.... wow... I think you should just stick to what you sell. You do realize what you just posted right? You are showing a 7whp increase from a stock baseline run with a dual exhaust mod. Thereby shooting your entire statement to complete crap.

I can get you a dyno sheet of a k20r making 246 on dynojet with intake, intake manifold, header and exhaust with a kpro untuned, granted that is dyno jet which means it probably makes 212 on a normal dyno but how is that not impressive when I watch a dyno of a 350z with intake, header, and exhaust that made 226, in a car that weighs 3500 pounds.
Well now... Im still waiting to see how impressive this k20 is with double the mods of the 350z you posted. However, if I were you I would just stop now because you're looking pretty clueless. The 350z put down the same numbers as the "omnipotent" k20 did and, according to the dyno sheet YOU just put up, all the 350 had was a dual exhaust mod.

Hmm.... so.... this just furthers my position. Comparing our motors to the k20 is apples to oranges. With just exhaust alone, we are putting down the same whp as your precious k20 with i/h/e and kpro untuned (which i call bs again on that... who the hell installs a kpro and doesnt tune it? Thats like having surround sound installed and using your tv speakers...pretty dumb and uselsess).

I'll say again... the k20 is an impressive little 4 banger. I'll 100% stand behind that. In a light chassis like the eg/ej/ek or da the thing is a monster of a 4 banger. I FRIGGIN WANTED ONE back in the day but it was too new and there wasnt much out at the time... sheit, hasport didnt even have mounts out for it yet. BUT!!! There is no comparison between it and our engines. NONE. They are two different classes of motors so quit with the comparison.

Oh, and just for icing on the cake... you never did answer this...
Originally Posted by brandon-who-just-pwnt-you
LOL! And what in the ever loving world of anything, would the weight of the car matter when talking dyno numbers?"
-- Or i could answer for you and tell you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Weight means diddly crap on the dyno. But you knew that too right? Im starting to think that you and Jabber are a couple of really good "cut and pasters without any true practical knowledge which neither of you could apply in a given situation.

Last edited by brandon402; 06-09-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by brandon402
LoL.... wow... I think you should just stick to what you sell. You do realize what you just posted right? You are showing a 7whp increase from a stock baseline run with a dual exhaust mod. Thereby shooting your entire statement to complete crap.

Well now... Im still waiting to see how impressive this k20 is with double the mods of the 350z you posted. However, if I were you I would just stop now because you're looking pretty clueless. The 350z put down the same numbers as the "omnipotent" k20 did and, according to the dyno sheet YOU just put up, all the 350 had was a dual exhaust mod.

Hmm.... so.... this just furthers my position. Comparing our motors to the k20 is apples to oranges. With just exhaust alone, we are putting down the same whp as your precious k20 with i/h/e and kpro untuned (which i call bs again on that... who the hell installs a kpro and doesnt tune it? Thats like having surround sound installed and using your tv speakers...pretty dumb and uselsess).

I'll say again... the k20 is an impressive little 4 banger. I'll 100% stand behind that. In a light chassis like the eg/ej/ek or da the thing is a monster of a 4 banger. I FRIGGIN WANTED ONE back in the day but it was too new and there wasnt much out at the time... sheit, hasport didnt even have mounts out for it yet. BUT!!! There is no comparison between it and our engines. NONE. They are two different classes of motors so quit with the comparison.

Oh, and just for icing on the cake... you never did answer this... -- Or i could answer for you and tell you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Weight means diddly crap on the dyno. But you knew that too right? Im starting to think that you and Jabber are a couple of really good "cut and pasters without any true practical knowledge which neither of you could apply in a given situation.
actually if you use real dynos weight means a lot because with real dynos they actually use the weight of the car and engine size to determine the load that should be placed on the dyno! as far as what your saying why is it that our friend has an 06 350z with intake headers and exhaust and its also a 6 speed and got WALKED by our k20a2 car which is a night and day difference from the k20r? Actually tons of people have kpro and just use base maps on them because tuning the k20s is very extensive and pricey because of the depth of work that has to be done such as adjusting cam angle sensors and things like that! its very in depth! if you would like I can find the dyno sheet from the k20r that made 246 on the dyno (being a dyno jet not one that adds load have the dyno sheets for both though and both were untuned) and give it to you I don't mind! its my boyfriends car! im sure he wouldn't mind either! The comparing thing why isn't they can't be compared? they make more per liter than our car so why can it not be compared? Why is it if our cars make so much more horsepower and we are comparing apples to oranges do I get my *** waxed by k20 cars all the time? everytime I race my boyfriends k swapped cars its ugly? we will see very soon though what our motor will do swapped in an s14 240 a friend of ours that is a die hard nissan fan actually has one and we plan on running it against the r just to see (plus its pretty cool to see our motor in a different car lol) He use to have a 350z but he got rid of it because he had crank walk on four different occasions that probably came from where his clutch caused it.

Once again why do you keep flogging me for my opininons on an object? My car and me have a love/hate relationship right now I kinda like her she is fixing to get some new things added to her which will gradually improve her! Why is it that you are like get off the forum whenever I keep bringing up things and why is it you are only attacking me and the Jabber guy (even though he isn't bringing up valid points) why not go after the other people whom called you stupid? just my opinion

Also I am not here to start things with anyone I am like I said a true car enthusiast whom happens to love all makes of cars! All cars are unique and bad *** in their own ways and I hate when people are so close minded on everything!

Old 06-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Is there a K20 rwd tranny? What did it dyno for torque. A 240sx isn't particularly light. Weight is the Honda VTEC's enemy

Old 06-09-2009, 02:15 PM
lol, i have a 2002 civic ex coupe with k20a type r motor, vtec kicks in but not as fast as you think. honda guys think there going fast but there really not lol.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by jkuo
I think he just has bad grammar, add a comma and it makes sense.

"Vtec is nothing, but boost and vtec is actually pretty schweet."

Basically he's saying that VTEC isn't a big deal, but boost plus VTEC is nice.
Ok, good. I was scrolling through to see if anyone explained that yet. People that don't use commas destroy sentences.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by DariusG35
lol, i have a 2002 civic ex coupe with k20a type r motor, vtec kicks in but not as fast as you think. honda guys think there going fast but there really not lol.
well thats a 1st

Old 06-09-2009, 02:31 PM
actually if you use real dynos weight means a lot because with real dynos they actually use the weight of the car and engine size to determine the load that should be placed on the dyno! as far as what your saying why is it that our friend has an 06 350z with intake headers and exhaust and its also a 6 speed and got WALKED by our k20a2 car which is a night and day difference from the k20r? Actually tons of people have kpro and just use base maps on them because tuning the k20s is very extensive and pricey because of the depth of work that has to be done such as adjusting cam angle sensors and things like that! its very in depth! if you would like I can find the dyno sheet from the k20r that made 246 on the dyno (being a dyno jet not one that adds load have the dyno sheets for both though and both were untuned) and give it to you I don't mind! its my boyfriends car! im sure he wouldn't mind either! The comparing thing why isn't they can't be compared? they make more per liter than our car so why can it not be compared? Why is it if our cars make so much more horsepower and we are comparing apples to oranges do I get my *** waxed by k20 cars all the time? everytime I race my boyfriends k swapped cars its ugly? we will see very soon though what our motor will do swapped in an s14 240 a friend of ours that is a die hard nissan fan actually has one and we plan on running it against the r just to see (plus its pretty cool to see our motor in a different car lol) He use to have a 350z but he got rid of it because he had crank walk on four different occasions that probably came from where his clutch caused it.

Once again why do you keep flogging me for my opininons on an object? My car and me have a love/hate relationship right now I kinda like her she is fixing to get some new things added to her which will gradually improve her! Why is it that you are like get off the forum whenever I keep bringing up things and why is it you are only attacking me and the Jabber guy (even though he isn't bringing up valid points) why not go after the other people whom called you stupid? just my opinion

Also I am not here to start things with anyone I am like I said a true car enthusiast whom happens to love all makes of cars! All cars are unique and bad *** in their own ways and I hate when people are so close minded on everything!
Cait.... come on! Please tell me you're joking here... please....!!

Sigh... ok to address your "weight on dyno" comment. I am fully aware during setup, that inputting the weight of the vehicle into the computer is part of the process. I know that it tells the computer how much resistance to put on the rollers against the wheels.

As for the 350z getting walked.... Im not even going to go into that. I'll just say one thing... POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO. Look it up. Thats why the Z loses. And thats not what we're even talking about here. Who would lose in a race between a 350z with basic bolt ons vs a HIGHLY modified k20 swapped hatch? Thats a no brainer. But you also have to take into account driver ability/experience and suspension. Its not all engine in racing you know.

And im not "flogging" you (although if you'd like a good flogging im sure there are a couple dudes on here who would help ya out with that) im merely pointing out your flawed info and the fact that you're still making comparisons between two platforms that couldnt be any more different.

Ok, to finalize my point... here... lets take one of our motors and toss it in that same civic. Ok? Aside from all the fab work and blah blah blah electronics and such.... lets just assume it works flawlessly (just for the sake of argument). Now... the k20 swapped civic vs the 6cylinder vq-whatever the hell it is... Whos gonna win? Same exact setups, only one has the v6 and one has the 4? Pretty easy to call that one dont you think? Thats what im saying.. .they are too different to compare. Its not a fair comparison.

Oh, and as for your kpro untuned blah blah blah. You can do a simple afr tune on those and still see gains. Which, I would hope, you would do immediately after installing. Because I dont care whos .bin file you get or whos base map, there are too many different variables between different cars to assume that map 1 will work in car a. Maybe car a's map was setup in a completely different environment, maybe it had different supporting mods from different manufacturers. There are too many variables to assume anything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.