The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

possibly trading my 03 coupe for a 07 suburu sti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009 | 12:27 AM
|
possibly trading my 03 coupe for a 07 suburu sti

hey guys what do you think of this deal be honest. theres a 2007 limited sti in pa at a dealership with 37k on it they said they will pay off my loan wich is 12k. do you guys think i should do iit i mean the sti has so much potential with out a lot of money

Old 06-21-2009 | 12:44 AM
How much do they want for the STi?

Old 06-21-2009 | 12:48 AM
|
hey want 26900 i found out its worth 24,500 so i deff gotta work numbers but what do you guys think. im looking for somthing i dont have to spend alot of money to make fast i love my g im 19years old and i can more then afford the payments i havea good job but its so much money to makei t faster

Old 06-21-2009 | 12:52 AM
Hey man, you gotta do what you want. I understand where your coming from, but your most likely gonna get a lot of G biased opinions here. So be ready for that, if thats what you want do it. When it comes down to the brass tax you have to make the call.

Old 06-21-2009 | 01:05 AM
I'd suggest you stop trying to spend all of your money to "make it faster" when you could be saving for a house/school/ or many other things that are more important at age 19 (this coming from an 18 yr old, just trying to share my opinion)

Edit: please disregard my signature

Old 06-21-2009 | 01:06 AM
^ +!00000000

Old 06-21-2009 | 01:08 AM
|
hey elayman your 100percent right but im fortunate enough i got a scholarship, me and my wife are gonan move down to fl so i can go to mmmi in like 6months and i need a vehical thats still fun but more practical as far as cargo space and such

Old 06-21-2009 | 01:11 AM
i guess it makes sense, but you could upgrade to something like a wrx (not sti) or an audi a3, or a mazda 3 and you could probably get some $$ back in your pocket rather than spending more (and these aren't "slow" cars either) many people live w/o cars as well (I'm not bringing my car to college) so can you say you 100% need a car ?

Old 06-21-2009 | 01:13 AM
|
ya i do cuz im going to mmi which is a trade school to work on cars and i need transportation, ya i dont like the speed 3 tho idk yeti gotta see how much the insurance is

Old 06-21-2009 | 06:13 AM
sti> G35 in general hands down.

Don't let people talk you out of it as far as comparing cars.. Financially maybe but the STi is the better car. Holds its value waaaay better

Old 06-21-2009 | 09:33 AM
but isnt the g35 a much more comfortable ride? I have known people with Evos and STis and their number one complaint was how raw and uncomfortable the ride was, they felt and heard everything from the road. The sti is just a faster version of a "grocery getter" type car in the impreza where as the g35 is a new unique car built from the ground up.

Dont get me wrong I don't own either and I am considering a sti or g35, but my only reason is because the sti is awd and here in the northeast its important.

but I dont want to be associated with street racers anymore which the STi kind of gives off that vibe and the g35 doesnt.

just my 2 cents. omg this smilie is awesome

Old 06-21-2009 | 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by officerdbag
sti> G35 in general hands down.
I'd say the opposite. Other than ***** out performance, the G35 is better in every way than an STI. Much nicer interior, better every day driver, quieter (STI's are noisy little buggers), but still plenty fast. I've driven both, and I'd love to have an STI, but not as my primary car.

Originally Posted by officerdbag
Don't let people talk you out of it as far as comparing cars.. Financially maybe but the STi is the better car. Holds its value waaaay better
It may hold it's value better, but you'll have a much smaller market for it when you go to sell than you would for a G35. But I do agree, don't let us talk you out of it (we're a tad biased here). If you can do it financially, and it's the car you want, then get the STI.

Old 06-21-2009 | 12:31 PM
I work at a subie dealership and I wouldn't say that the STI is more practical for a family because that backseat is very small I would compare it to the Coupes backseat. Its just got two more doors. The ride is extremely harsh due to the suspension. They do have problems just like any other car. But I think you should consider something else just because of the harsh ride.

Old 06-21-2009 | 12:51 PM
|
ya i love my quite ride im my g35 ima go test drive the sti and see what i htink of it ill keep you guys posted

Old 06-21-2009 | 01:25 PM
The G35 has a better fit and finish, smoother ride (your back will appreciate this), has room to spread out ( I am 6'2" and just can't get comfortable in the STi for long drives)
Insurance is extremely high on the STi. Now as far as fun to drive...well the subie wins hands down. I love driving the car on the track and beating up on much more expensive vehicles, as well as fending off the day to day stop light warriors. There is little noise insulation in the subie so you hear alot of whats going on outside the vehicle. Both cars are easy to work on and maintain. Aftermarket parts are more than abundant for the STi and large gains can be had for little money. The Subie while being a 4 door barely offers enough room in the rear for an adult to sit comfortably. A childs seat fits back there as long as it is not behind your own seat...since you will feal them kicking you! I personally prefer my G(yes its a 4 door) over the STi. Here is a pic of the 07 Limited.

Car has every bolt on possible, Larger Top Mount Intercooler, Turbo Back exhaust, Ported Stock Turbo, Cold air intake, Extrude honed Stock Exhaust Manifold's, Tuned by P&L in Illinois, Larger front and rear adjustable sway bars, Solid end links, Ohlins 25 way adjustable shocks, Poly bushings in Shifter, Rear diff mount. Front Anti Lift kit. Defi gauges, DBA 3 peice rotors, Hawk pads. Stainless brake lines front and rear. I think that is about it. The car literally corners on rails.

Its a tough decision. Drive the car to see how much you like it. Good Luck

Last edited by Trbulnt; 06-21-2009 at 01:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: possibly trading my 03 coupe for a 07 suburu sti