The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

FML: I think I am being picked on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FML: I think I am being picked on

Ok, i have had my G for about a month and a half. 3 weeks after getting it, really 1 week of driving it, I get pulled over for my windows being too dark.

Let me point out that my windows on my Mercedes were real dark as well and never got pulled over for it.

Now yesterday after having it for about a month and a half, I get a ticket for 69 in a 55 when I KNOW I wasn't going that fast because i had my cruise control set on 66, just over the 65mph mark.
I checked my tire size to the factory size and it says that they are .9% too fast, so if anything I was doing more like 65 instead of 66, definately not 69...

Even more, what cop gives a 69 in a 55... i have never been pegged for anything under 15 over before. 69 in a 55 won't even go on my drivers license as points.

I haven't had a ticket in 3 years and now within 2 months of owning the G I have two.....

I think they see the car and immediately try to find something to pull over. I am seriously changing the wheels from Black to silver to be less conspicuous.

FML!

Old 09-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ummmmm..OK..

Old 09-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Kao1
Ummmmm..OK..

Old 09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Was your merc a sedan? Coupes get tons more attention from police. Maybe his radar gun wasn't calibrated or what not but if you go over 9mph over speed limit 90% chance to get stopped if theirs a cop looking.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Was your merc a sedan? Coupes get tons more attention from police. Maybe his radar gun wasn't calibrated or what not but if you go over 9mph over speed limit 90% chance to get stopped if theirs a cop looking.
My Mercedes was a Sedan.... i guess your right on that one.
Back when I was young I had to take the Drivers course 4 times due to speeding tickets. The instructor in all of those courses said if you drive 14 over and below, they usually won't stop you because it won't go on your record as points. As I got into my middle 20's I realized I needed to slow down and finally listened to the instructor and I ALWAYS keep it to 14 over and below. I haven't been pulled over in 3 years now and over 5 for a speeding. I figured I was out of the age for speeding tickets but I guess this guy had a bone to pick.

He did a calibration test but I still think it was off. I know exactly how fast I was going because I had my cruise set, and further more, if he would have seen me just a minute later I would have been slower because I was coming into a 45mph zone.....

I was thinking afterwards, what keeps a cop from just handing out tickets at will. How can you challenge something he says your doing?
Who's to say he's not lieing just to write tickets?

Old 09-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Well I watch speeders on TrueTV and many cops on there will say that they only stop either 10 or 15 over so I just stay 9 over at most. You might just pass a cop looking for people going 10 over doing your 14 over so yea.

Thats all for highway though, on streets some cops will stop you at over 5mph.

That last part has lots of talk about it lol. I seen someone cut off a Cop before but he was obviously going home or some crap so he did not do anything, I also seen cops cut people off and tailgate like hell and do lots of stuff as we all have seen. any how its better you don't challenge anything when he is writing you the ticket, maybe just a little bit but if he is not listening or just not listening to you just cooperate then you can challenge it later on.

At least that's what I learned from watching speeders lol.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
why would you think 14 mph over the limit is safe? I don't think the judge would say "ohh it's ok you were only going 14 mph over the limit I'll let you go home now." If you are speeding more than 10 mph over the limit you might just be asking to get pulled over.

I've seen people get pulled over for just going 4 mph over the limit before. Specially while on road trips traveling passed small towns where cops have nothing better to do than to pull everybody over. Sorry my friend but it does not seem like you are being picked on, you simply were not following the law. As far as your windows are concerned they may be too dark, check your local regulations on what the tint limit is. If you are within the law then you can fight that ticket and get it dismissed, if not then you may just have to pay the fine and fix your tint.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Well I watch speeders on TrueTV and many cops on there will say that they only stop either 10 or 15 over so I just stay 9 over at most. You might just pass a cop looking for people going 10 over doing your 14 over so yea.

Thats all for highway though, on streets some cops will stop you at over 5mph.

That last part has lots of talk about it lol. I seen someone cut off a Cop before but he was obviously going home or some crap so he did not do anything, I also seen cops cut people off and tailgate like hell and do lots of stuff as we all have seen. any how its better you don't challenge anything when he is writing you the ticket, maybe just a little bit but if he is not listening or just not listening to you just cooperate then you can challenge it later on.

At least that's what I learned from watching speeders lol.

Yea, I totally agree and understand. I got pulled over in my old 95' Lowered Integra back in the day and I wasn't speeding or anything else except changing lanes.

He came up to my window HELL BENT on reeming me a new one. He said I was swirving, speeding, tailgating and wreckless driving. All the while he is screaming at the top of his lungs.
I said sir "I respectfullly disagree with you, I know I wasn't speeding and I know I wasn't tailgating because I don't do those things anymore" He freaked out screaming "ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR, ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR!!!!"
I said "NO! SIR" "I just know I wasn't doing those things, I did change lanes but I didn't do anything more."

I felt for sure I was about to get pulled out of my car through the window and beat.

He said "you wait right there, it's gonna be a while to write you all these tickets."

He sits in his car for a few minutes, comes back and says I'm just gonna write you a speeding ticket for 69 in a 55 so it won't go on your license.
I said, " Officer, I am not some kiddie punk driving an Integra racing everyone on the streets. I only drive this car for the gas mileage. I know it looks like a kids car but I am a father and just trying to get home to my kids for Halloween", He said, in a MUCH calmer voice " how old are you?" I told him and he said "Well, attitude is 90% of it and yours has been very good." I'm gonna give you 2 months to pay this (usually only one). I signed the ticket and drove on..

I called about it a month later and he never turned it in.....

But boy I was scared when he walked up all bowed up ready for a fight.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by mt7rabbit
why would you think 14 mph over the limit is safe? I don't think the judge would say "ohh it's ok you were only going 14 mph over the limit I'll let you go home now." If you are speeding more than 10 mph over the limit you might just be asking to get pulled over.

I've seen people get pulled over for just going 4 mph over the limit before. Specially while on road trips traveling passed small towns where cops have nothing better to do than to pull everybody over. Sorry my friend but it does not seem like you are being picked on, you simply were not following the law. As far as your windows are concerned they may be too dark, check your local regulations on what the tint limit is. If you are within the law then you can fight that ticket and get it dismissed, if not then you may just have to pay the fine and fix your tint.

No, no, I'm not saying that they WON'T pull me over at 14 over and below. I'm saying they usually won't. For the record, I don't usually push the envelope at 14mph. As in yesterday I had the cruise set at 66mph, not 69mph.
I thought I was playing safe but you're right they have the right to pull you over for 1mph over, I'm just commenting on common practices.

I was also traveling with 3 other cars around me and he picked me out. They were all going around the same speed.

I think he just liked me.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
What does your car look like??

Old 09-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
What does your car look like??

Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Whos' the hot blonde? J/K

+1 on what mr. rabbit said!! (mt, ready for some cheesesteaks?)

Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
You broke the law and got caught.. you knew the risk before you tinted and sped... What's there to cry about?

just so you feel better... I got a speeding ticket for 43 in a 35 zone. To top that off, the speed limit was 55mph only 20 yards in front of me.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It all really depends on the cops. Where I live most cops don't pull people over cause they drive a sport car most of the time I see cop pull over junk old 80's crap cause pot heads drive those and have drugs there. Like the other day at night I was on a light and next to me was some old beat up pontiac grand and a cop pulls over the pontiac after the first light and not me. I do have 5% window tint on the front and thats illegal in California but I always drive with my windows rolled down cause its freaken hot in california.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FML: I think I am being picked on