The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Just finished my G35 Review!! Comments please?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:09 PM
|
Just finished my G35 Review!! Comments please?

Please take a look at my G35 Review that I just shot. I'm really happy with how it came out but I would love some suggestions/comments from you guys. It's hard to cover all the features on the G35.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:12 PM
Banned
Couldn't watch more than 3 minutes of it. The camera work sucked. LOL Kinda like the Blair Witch Project. Way too many jerky camera movements.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:12 PM
Are you the guy on the video? Nice review but shaky video. There is no change in the grille.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:16 PM
Nice info but as for as the footage, it jumps around to much for me. You can not get a good sense of how the car is laid out if you were not familiar with it. just my $.02

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:18 PM
sounded good until the drawn out story about how your call went through the speakers etc.. and the grille didn't change throughout any of the years, and the 19inch wheels were available in older years as well. The headlights were updated in 06 too, not 07.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:32 PM
|
I did not think so but since the video is not for me then I need to be more careful next time. I mostly used tripod for it but there are fake camera moves done in post production.

Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Couldn't watch more than 3 minutes of it. The camera work sucked. LOL Kinda like the Blair Witch Project. Way too many jerky camera movements.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:34 PM
|
I was thinking the bluetooth story was too much but I thought it helped bring personality. Like me talking to a buddy about my car rather than some salesman. I'm still on the fence with that one.

Originally Posted by elayman
sounded good until the drawn out story about how your call went through the speakers etc.. and the grille didn't change throughout any of the years, and the 19inch wheels were available in older years as well. The headlights were updated in 06 too, not 07.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:39 PM
|
You sure about grill? I thought the ripples were new? Also I did not mean to imply that 19 inch wheels were new for 07' but I see that is exactly how it came out. lol

Originally Posted by elayman
and the grille didn't change throughout any of the years, and the 19inch wheels were available in older years as well. The headlights were updated in 06 too, not 07.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:39 PM
gck
ehh its not that bad..but needs work and too much cuts

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:57 PM
Considering there aren't many good G35 coupe review vids, I like this.

Old 04-27-2010 | 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by visualfxpro
You sure about grill? I thought the ripples were new? Also I did not mean to imply that 19 inch wheels were new for 07' but I see that is exactly how it came out. lol
Mines an 05 and has them, and I'm pretty sure they are the same on all g35 coupe models. I like the video, not putting you down, but it did come off that way that the 19s were only in 07. Keep it up

Old 04-28-2010 | 12:58 AM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
Not bad, couple of pointers (since you asked)

Ditch "it's coming with..." that's just weird grammar, and you used that phrase quite a few times.

Not quite so many cuts. A good way to accomplish this is to do something like they do on Top Gear reviews... don't just talk about what the car does... show the viewer.
Shoot video from in the car, you sitting in the drivers seat... (preferably actually driving)

"One of the things I really like about this car is the voice command and Bluetooth integration. Instead of pulling out my phone, and fumbling around trying to make call I simply..." (and then demonstrate making a call)

You do have a nice personality, voice, and approach for reviews... You're already much better than Motor Trend... I SWEAR!!! Those people make a decent mag, but they should be banned from video!

They can even make an exciting car boring

Here you go, two Mustang reviews... note the difference:

http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtes...deo/index.html

Old 04-28-2010 | 09:16 PM
|
Thanks!

Thank you very much all for comments suggestions and kind words. I take all your advice constructively and in good faith. I do want to do the best I possibly can and maybe with some of your pointers I can do a better review in two weeks when I test drive all the new Lamborghini cars! Looking forward to that and to delivering the goods! I may put off my official Maserati review for now until I'm done with the monsters.

Thought you were exagerating about Motor Trend...wow...you were not! lol
Seriously could not watch it. No comparison with Top Gear!

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
You do have a nice personality, voice, and approach for reviews... You're already much better than Motor Trend... I SWEAR!!! Those people make a decent mag, but they should be banned from video!

They can even make an exciting car boring

Here you go, two Mustang reviews... note the difference:

http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtes...deo/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46E0gCF5os

Old 04-28-2010 | 10:26 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
Yeah dude. Motor Trend SUCKS!!!
And it's like that with all their videos, even when it's a different guy, he's reading a script and everything is just very poorly done.

Honestly, they would greatly benefit from someone like you... I would actually be able to stand watching their vids then

Old 04-29-2010 | 03:36 AM
to much jerky video
audio levels were off at points and can hear were you did cuts on the audio
and the ending was horrid, next time try doing the ending segment in one take vs multiple ones and then editing it together

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just finished my G35 Review!! Comments please?