The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Carbon Fiber Sunroof Delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by dcryan90
If you would realize i drive an auto which means my car came with the heavy 17s so dont tell me my volks was not an upgrade I also needed a wider tire to hold traction as well so dont go criticizing someone elses build when you obviously dont know what your talking about. Im not expecting the fastest car in the world but I do know i want the advantage of useless stuff not on my car.
Ok genius. The OEM 17s weigh 23.2 lbs, your staggered 19 GT7s weigh 20 lbs front and 23 lbs rear. Except due to bigger diameter you actually have more losses. So you 2000 dollar wheel purchase for your race car netted you a total savings of 6 lbs. Which has negligible benefits if any.

Since you are such an expert on modding cars, I am sure you realized the width of your tire means nothing compared to the actual tire. If you were truely performance minded you would have saved your money and just bought the 350z 18" track v1 wheels, which only weigh 18 lbs each and matched them with some sticky tires and 2 piece rotors. But the fact is you have done almost 0 performance mods to your automatic entry level luxury car.

If you really want to focus on removing useless stuff from your car, maybe you should start with the driver. Also the main purpose of this forum is to share information about the VQ platform, not to help you kids live out your Fast n Furious wet dreams.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 12-13-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't get all butt hurt you got me good now go live your life I could care less about your opinion.

Last edited by dcryan90; 12-13-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:57 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Some real opposing opinions in here. Wow.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee

PS A new Camry has more power and runs a faster 1/4 mile than your "race car".

what choo talkin' bout willis?

Old 12-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by dcryan90
You basically took what i said in the wrong context meaning I said i did not care about the luxury side of the car (which to me this car is not a luxury car when originally it is a nissan 350gt ) and im an enthusiasts who didnt care for a sunroof that added weight as well as a bose stereo... just saying you guys do hate when someone wants the best of the car.

It doesn't matter if its a nissan or infiniti. It's a entry level luxury car, 350gt or g35.

I'm not hating, but it seems like your making to big a deal out of 20lbs here and there at the expense of luxury.

I mean if your willing to go as far to rip your floor mats out to save weight, you really should have bought a Z. Can't rock a 2 seater? Then get an evo or something...

I mean you bought an automatic FFS...

Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ im not making a big deal i saved money by not spending money on the sunroof and came out lighter its not a big deal , but you cant fault me its not like I am going to do the CF mod and spend alot of money. I simply wanted to enter my .02 of saying if you dont want the sunroof simply dont get it.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
I agree. Lol at weight of floor and trunk mats

Why are you adding 275 flywheel horse power to 15 wheel horse power? How about it's a well known fact the VQDE engine with a 5AT is going to make about 235whp (generously) add your "15whp" to that for a whopping 250whp, now subtract 15whp for your 100,000 miles of abuse on the engine. Teehehe see how silly? Bench racing is awesome. I think that's the kind of enthusiast you are...

I said I used to be supercharged- I've made more power then you ever will on the G. I was into the "drag/road course" thing, but didn't wanna **** the car up on stock internals or flying into tires. Flush is not hellaflush. Fitment and stretch is a drifter style. And that is proven and is an autosport.
Ricer math If I were doing ricer math, I would have claimed closer to 300hp. You do realize that whp is lower than flywheel hp I'm not loosing power on my 86K mile motor either. I've been working with the VQs since 1998. They only get stronger with age.

Bench racing, how can I bench race if I'm actually racing the car at the strip and on the road course? Explain.

As for your drifter style, that is not performance driving, Mr. Boitano.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Your ricer math is appaling from a so called enthusiast. You maybe more at home on the 350Z forum.

PS A new Camry has more power and runs a faster 1/4 mile than your "race car".
Your attitude and rationale is appaling.

Yes, a new V6 Camry may have given my G (did low 14.3s stock) a run for it's money from a roll, but there's a lot more to performance than just acceleration. Just because a Camry is fast for an appliance, it's acceleration doesn't make it a sports sedan.

You guys sure get upset about pretty insignificant things especially when you obviously have no interest in the subject. Are you bored, maybe? A guy posts if someone makes a lighter lid to replace his moonroof and you punks become argumentive fools. He didn't ask for your opinion. Don't like it? Don't post.

I have no doubt a large group of people would purchase these things. It would be terribly easy to make if you had access to plastic injection molder.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanna shed some weight, hit the gym all you fat f**kers!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Old 12-14-2010, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by HomieG35
I assume I realize the difference between wheel horse power and flywheel horse power since my figures for whp are lower. No one goes by flywheel horsepower in the racing world, so I don't even know why you mentioned it and then tried to mix and match figures. I bet your car has never even seen a dyno other than your "***" dyno that gave you 15whp from an intake.

You're bench racing in here trying to flex muscle about what your car.

The last statement you made is just ignorant.

As for your arguments about "don't like it, don't post" etc, etc, etc and all that other whiny ****.-- The same goes for you.
I'm sorry your Texas education didn't allow you do simple math like caluculating for powertrain losses. 290 flywheel hp or 235whp, what's the dfference here? The end result is the same at the trap speed box. Most gearheads would understand this. You are clearly grasping at straws because you're loosing a very weak and silly semantic argument. Do you want to stay on topic or do would you rather keep going with your pointless tirad?

As for drifting, it is neither the fastest way around a track nor is a timed event. A sport? Sure. So is figure skating.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
I'd rather both of you not continue this discussion and leave it as is.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Sunroof Delete