Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:17 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Homie, take a...

This thread has veered a bit.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please stop now. We are all G lovers. Time to let this dumb **** go...

Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
You didn't buy an M3 or a ZR1. You bought a cheap luxury car with a sports car like shape to it.
I am not posting this to keep this argument going in anyway. I would just like to point out that those of us who bought these cars new. In my case with tax and license I paid $39,***. I don't exactely call that cheap. Used M3's and older ZR1's can be had for that price.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:38 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
20k baby haha

Old 12-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you Americans and your better prices.

*sigh*

Old 12-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
The sunroof delete is a dumb idea unless you are making a total track car.
Gary
Yay I make the cut. Track only car

Originally Posted by DT35G
I personally think a CF sunroof delete is not worth the trouble and i dont think it would look good unless the whole roof was CF. my 2 Cents
I have seen a couple of caps that are fiberglass and just color matched. For me it costs the same for Fiberglass or CF (minor difference)

Originally Posted by DT35G
^^^ Ill be honest in saying that this post actually has me wanting to have something made or make it myself. LOL
I'm working on that...

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I agree, but if you are counting pennies there is a big difference between a 10 lb piece of glass being replaced with a 5 lb piece of cf or a 25 lb piece of glass being replaced with a 5 lb piece of cf.

Just people are talking about spending hundreds to save 5lbs on a 3500 lb car designed to carry kids around after soccer practice.
I do get bothered by just anyone hitting the track and thinking they can drift. Personally, my daughter loves my G. She hasn't ridden in it in at least 4 months.

Originally Posted by erklep
id be willing to bet that a a braced c/f insert wont be as light as you think its going to be. often times, c/f panels weigh more or are significantly equal to oem panels
This is a good point. In my thread, I explained I wasn't worried about weight, but this OP is.

Originally Posted by DaveB
Seeing that you're into the "flush" movement, your input means little to me because true performance is not part of that group. Slamming it and cramming the widest/biggest wheels into the wells is not a recipe to improve a car's true performance.
Yes and No. There are so many ways to discuss this topic that goes far beyond it. I vote we do make a thread and discuss it because I feel you guys will have some great points.

I was into the "drag/road course" thing, but didn't wanna **** the car up on stock internals or flying into tires. Flush is not hellaflush. Fitment and stretch is a drifter style. And that is proven and is an autosport.
Tire walls are fun! They don't hurt as much as real walls... trust me, i've tapped both going fast. I agree with the stock internals. I am rebuilding my motor that has been boosted for 80k on hard driving, mildly boosting 5.6lbs (not much at all but enough for learning to drift with boost. Fitment and stretch is really big. The hellaflush thing is gay at a certain point for motorsports. I love seeing some camber and offset, but camber kills tires.

As for your drifter style, that is not performance driving, Mr. Boitano.
LOL... Go take your car on a track and drift since its so easy. It may not be to your taste. Can you say Gymkhana is not performance driving? Moving clipping points (i.e. Tandem) requires a lot of skill.

Originally Posted by plonka
Wanna shed some weight, hit the gym all you fat f**kers!
I'm trying! Don't judge me!

How is this not performance driving and what makes it different from other performance driving?

This is relevant anyway since I think it was OP who asked what G35's do about the sunroof when drifting.
Sorry for the confusion. I made the point to drifting, not the OP. I did bring in my point which is solely aimed at drifting. I'm far under my weight for the tire class I want so weight is not a big issue. I just like minor detail changes. I don't have much CF on the car. I thought the CF cap would look good with my black roof.

As for drifting, it is neither the fastest way around a track nor is a timed event. A sport? Sure. So is figure skating.
You are correct, not always the fastest but definitely the more fun. Gymkhana is timed. Although that was not in the argument, I love that word. Don't knock figure skating, those guys have to lose their man card to dedicate to the sport! That's sacrifice.

All and all, would it have been different that he wanted a CF cap if he didn't mention the weight?

For me, I don't give a **** about weight. At 385whp, i've never had a problem with all stock interior, drifting on some heavy *** XXR 562's. My Varrstoens with tires are lighter than that damn wheel alone.

OP... I think you might not lose as much weight as you are looking for because I do agree with the bracing for safety... I am getting a cage next week... I don't really need to worry about that.

This is a fun thread.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:13 AM
Sorry to revive this thread... But did anyone ever end up making a plug or finding someone who makes on? Trying to plug my sunroof... (Track car dont flame me)

Old 06-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Mastergrade makes a Carbon fiber roof cap. With and Without a sunroof. I you can properly seal it off, then you could add it. You would almost never see it so it could be an ugly seal and then toss on the headliner (buy one without a sunroof) Then your set. 600 bucks for the cap though

Old 06-04-2014, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the info... hmm 600 bucks eh, doesn't mastergrade have a pretty bad rep on these forums?

Old 06-04-2014, 10:49 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Yes they do. I would never support the company by buying anything from them.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Yes Mastergrade does. But they dont make the cap anymore. From what I understand they went under. Another place took them over and its been better. I believe the store is called showstoppers. They sell them... I have an install on one later next week when if comes in. I will let you know fitment and all that jazz.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Yes they do. I would never support the company by buying anything from them.
Even that diffuser?

Old 06-04-2014, 01:13 PM
I would be interested in how thick it is and if you think it would dip down into my sunroof hole if I laid it on top and sealed around the hole with silicon sealer... if you wouldn't mind letting me know after you do the install that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Sunroof Delete