Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
Agreed. That's why they might be classics, none will be left

Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Gonna have to wait 40 or so years from now to really be considered a "Classic".

I see 70's cars and those are classics...no matter if it's a Celica, or a Charger.

80's and 90's.....just old to me.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Classic

Not even considering that our cars are from the line of the datsun any car is a classic after a certain amount of years.. 20 to 25 years and you can even get the plates that say classic or antique. The question is will our cars be look at favorably when that time comes. If you look at the evolution down the line alot of the datsuns came with a turbo option. Ours not so much. Coming soon they will go back to turbo for epa reason so will it make our cars better or worse. Will they be looked at as the what happened car that doesn't fit the mold or as the unique one thats not like the rest. Only time will tell.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This will be a classic like the z chassis. Had a z32 in 03 and gotnplenty compliments. Thse are timeless cars

Old 11-21-2013, 11:13 AM
RPL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think what defines a collectible is the interest of the community in +\- 20 years and not the specs or production number of the car.

For example, my dad has an old but restored Honda CL90. Those things were produced a dime a dozen when my dad was in his youth. However, because the impact on the baby-boomer community was so great they're today considered a cherished collectible.

I think the G35 and the impact it had and still has on our community now has a relatively good chance to stand the test of time.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up

I think classic is in the eye of the beholder. Will Infiniti's become classics. We can only hope so. Both generations have the potential become classics but, that will also depend on how well they're kept up. Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers didn't become classics because they were great cars. They became classics due to racing heritage, the love people have for them, TV and movies, drag racing.

If you remember, the mustang started out as a secretary's car with lack luster performance due to the V6 it started out with. It wasn't until Carroll Shellby got with Ford and put a V8 in it. After that, the rest is history. The stop light wars help with sales (nobody likes to loose). Then you have stock car racing with its win in on Sunday sell on Monday mentality.

There are few Nissans that are icons. The Fairlady Z, the Datsun 510 just to name of few. The problem with our cars becoming icons is, they don't have much racing heritage, they don't have history, owners don't take them seriously, they don't carry V8's (ALL MUSCLE CARS HAVE V8's). Also, if there were changes done to the well loved cars, when the enthusiasts of the brands found out about it, they made there voices heard.

The "G" have solid potential, they are fast, quick, agile cars. Yes, I know what I said and I stand by it. However, what they don't have is loyalty to the brand, few owners like myself that will never get rid of there "G", people constantly comparing the "G" to the "Z" (yes I know they're built on the same platform but so was the Mercedes E class and the Chrysler 300c and people didn't lump them together).

My point is. If we expect these cars to become classics, we should treat them as such. Take a look at the skyline. Everyone loves the Skyline GT-R but, how many of you know, Nissan didn't create the Skyline. The Skyline was birthed by the Prince Motor Company and it was a LUXURY CAR. It wasn't until they merged with Nissan that changed the Skylines destiny forever making it into the car you all have come to love. It'll be hard for the "G" to become a classic. It constantly lives in the shadow of two greAt cars, not to mention owners who constantly down them and place no value on them. My 2 cents. Brooks out.

Last edited by Mr. Brooks; 11-21-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:23 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree with the original sentiment of the poster and say that this car is already a classic. Let me explain:

First, the word "classic" has nothing to do with age. "Classic" means timeless. It means that if you saw this car 50 years from now, it would pass for a car that was made in that present time (less modern materials). When you look at a 1st gen Camaro the design looks like it could have rolled out of the factory yesterday. That has been proven with modern Camaros. My G35 is 10 yrs old and people still think its a brand new car. It has a "classic" design. It's beautiful.

Now an iconic car is different. I think it has potential because it garnered a lot of fans in the beginning and I've even had people come up to me saying its their dream car. It doesn't have to be gear heads alone that decide its iconic. It can be regular people who don't necessarily know some of the bad things about our cars. They just see a sleek beast.

I see it dropping off for awhile like the original camaro did and then having a collectible resurgence after the market bottoms out. If you look at it, it has a lot of similar design ques as the camaro. Looong hood, short deck low roof. It's a classic muscle car, guys.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
classic muscle car. no. just no.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:28 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by TORETTO
classic muscle car. no. just no.
Haha, sorry, man. It uses the same formula. Big displacement (fairly big v6), front engine, rear drive, long hood, short deck. It's straight out of the 60s.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:11 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Comparing the G to a gen 1 Camaro now? Pathetic

Old 01-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
G35 is a Ferrari brooooo, built on the same platform. Exact same stuff, 4 wheels, an engine, a transmission, head & tail lights, even the gas filling caps twist in the same direction.

Exact same thing, broo

Old 01-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
i say it will depend completely on the evolution of cars. If petrol becomes a thing of the past, they will all become giant chunks of metal that are only talked about not driven

Old 01-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
There will be other means of internal combustion, they have hydrogen all figured out, but big oil companies got everyone on lock until we suck up all the oil. Once that happens conversions to petrol engines will be the new thing.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
There will be other means of internal combustion, they have hydrogen all figured out, but big oil companies got everyone on lock until we suck up all the oil. Once that happens conversions to petrol engines will be the new thing.
Not if Elon Musk has his way.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 01-07-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
I think its important to separate the import scene with the American muscle scene. if ur speaking classic in terms of only the import scene then yes its possible. the American muscle scene don't give a rats *** about imports and some import enthusiasts (like myself) don't give a rats *** about the American muscle scene. theyre 2 separate scenes.

ie the s14 240. import scene loves that car. to that scene its a classic and hard to come by. American muscle scene wouldn't care

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Potential for G35 to Become A Classic?