The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Potential for G35 to Become A Classic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Every car becomes a classic at 25 years regardless of what it is...

Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by dukehotty
I did see that auction for that Daytona. You never really know what will end up as a classic. There are probably too many G35's out there to become a desirable classic but who knows what people will like in 30-40 years. My dad gave me a 69 Grande Mustang and I asked him why he didn't get a Mach1 or a Boss. He said back then he thought the Mach was ugly as hell and the Boss too expensive.
The Grande Mustang is a good example of why not all cars become classics or collectable. The Grande was kind of a luxury car so they made fewer than the Mach 1's which were the performance models, but some how it's probably worth less. With these kind of cars you see high production numbers, depending on options, they get more rare but not rare enough. That Daytona you saw at auction was 1 of the 6 cars ever built, the Grand Sport at RM was car #2 of 5 ever built, and the Cuda I mentioned is 1 of 11. You just don't see those low production numbers any more, even the new ZL1 will see something like 4000 cars built over 2 or 3 years. That's why COPO cars which can be 1 of 1 are so expensive. If you want to buy a new car that will become collectable buy the ugliest color combo, highest horsepower strangest optioned car you can find, like a purple 04 GTO's with an auto and purple leather, a one year car nobody really wanted.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyline0811
lol If it gets me a minivan lets do this.
Stay away from this soccer mom..........

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by gtrbrah
g's are fast man idk why people say theyre slow.
Well, it certainly isn't fast. Even though the G35 performs better then the average family car, there's plenty of sport luxury / sports cars on the market that the G can't compete with performance wise.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
I hope u guys aren't comparing the g to the m3s or amgs of that time period cus that wouldn't really be fair

Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
I compare with vehicles of today. His posts disappeared anyways.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
No chance in hell these cars will be condidered classics. There are way too many good cars out there right now for this one to be considered the jewel of our generation. If that was the case then they wouldn't be so cheap to get nowadays (which is why I got one).

Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 AM
All I kno is the g n z made Nissan relevant again back in those days...imo lol

Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I keep seeing people mentioning skylines as classics, and I guess most Americans don't really think of G's as skylines like I do... The heritage of that name was what made me want a G from the beginning. Consider the fact that it's a proper car setup... smallish and stylish with a decently powered motor, rear wheel drive or all wheel drive, available with a manual, more reliable than most cars of it's class. Sure there are tons of them around because it's finally available in the US and marketed globally. The G coupe has all the right ingredients to become a classic. Only time will tell if it ever will be.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
g35? classic?

hah thats classic.

HA.

HAHA.

classic.

swag

Old 01-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by jmann
I keep seeing people mentioning skylines as classics, and I guess most Americans don't really think of G's as skylines like I do... The heritage of that name was what made me want a G from the beginning. Consider the fact that it's a proper car setup... smallish and stylish with a decently powered motor, rear wheel drive or all wheel drive, available with a manual, more reliable than most cars of it's class. Sure there are tons of them around because it's finally available in the US and marketed globally. The G coupe has all the right ingredients to become a classic. Only time will tell if it ever will be.
The g35 pretty much has nothing to do with the skyline heritage. Nissan decided to do away with the name n jus go with gtr but the new pres told them to transfer the name to the g35. Imo it was lame to do that n they shoulda jus went with 350gt n keep the skyline name off. U could Google this stuff. That's where I read it from before..

Old 01-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by jmann
When you speak of Skylines the first thing that pops into most peoples heads is the GTR, because it's been a hell of a car. There was not V35 GTR and as a result of that no one (most people anyway) equates the G35 with the Skyline heritage, and imo they shouldn't. How often do you see someone bragging about their super rare 91hp equipped C18 models, for instance? It might happen if they're a diehard collector, but even that's pretty unlikely. The V35 is just not an evolutionary change from older Skylines, it's a fresh start that happened to end up with that name.

But there have been dozens upon dozens of threads about this and it'd be better to go bump one of them rather than turn this into another "Why shouldn't I rebadge my Skyline" debate.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
The g35 pretty much has nothing to do with the skyline heritage. Nissan decided to do away with the name n jus go with gtr but the new pres told them to transfer the name to the g35. Imo it was lame to do that n they shoulda jus went with 350gt n keep the skyline name off. U could Google this stuff. That's where I read it from before..
I agree. The Skyline legacy doesn't really belong on your average speed car like the G35.

Even in video games, you have to work hard or have lots of credit to buy the Skyline... while the G35 is in the video game but just as a nobody.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So lets think it this way.
98 toyota supra base model has a curb weight of 3265lbs with 225hp @6000rpm and 220 ft-lbs torque @4000rpm.
05 Infiniti G35 base model has a curb weight of 3512lbs with 298hp @6400rpm and 260 ft-lbs torque @4800rpm.
I think G35 does pretty good considering that the supra is a classic. Just give it alittle time, more G35s are going to disappear well more clean tittle ones. lol but it will be more desirable in the future with a bigger price tag for what its worth now.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Lol @ the guy with the word skyline in his username

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Potential for G35 to Become A Classic?