The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Spoiler Depot ripped me off!! Avoid spoiler depot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Spoiler Depot ripped me off!! Avoid spoiler depot

TO BE CLEAR I AM WRITING THIS TO MAKE SURE THE SPOILER DEPOT DOSENT PULL THIS TO ANYONE ELSE. THAT IS IT I DONT EXPECT TO GET THE SPOILER OR MY MONEY BACK I DONT NEED LIFE LESSONS OR SYMPATHY.

Just a spoiler depot review!

Well this thread is long over due, I promised Spoiler Depot I would write this thread in the spring.

So this is 100% my own fault for not listen to ALL of the other guys that had threads about spoiler depot scamming them there were multiple threads on this that I chose to ignore. I thought this is a legit company how could they be crooks.......

I owe spoiler Depot $3xx worth of advetising for the G35 Spoiler that Spoiler Depot owes me.

So I wont even try to remeber time line as it was last winter I ordered the spoiler. They said 2-3weeks and it would ship....at least double that estimate. I opted to get mine paint matched by them.

So after a few phone calls and emails they finally gave me a tracking number of course it was the shipping companys fault it took over 6weeks for me to get the spoiler .
It was during the winter I ordered it around January and I think I got it near the end of Feburary my car was in storage for the winter so I was in no real hurry. When i got the spoiler depot spoiler it looked good condition and I thought the paint matched well. I thought the size looked a little off it seemed to look lower than the pictures I had seen of it .

Fast forward to March the car was out of storage and i was ready to mount the Spoiler Depot Spoiler......
I used to work at a body shop so this should take about 15min or so. I measure out and put a couple tape markers down......It dosent fit WTF so I move it around a bit and try a few angles nope no closer. So maybe I am a little dumb today I call a couple buddies over one of who owns a body shop. He takes one look and says that Spoiler depot spoiler is not made for your car.

Pictures: you can see the countour is not right and the indents on the bottom of the spoiler do not line up with the cars body lines at all.

Spoiler Depot spoiler installed on another car NOT MINE. You can see how the ends of the spoiler base match up with the trunk line where as mine hangs over 2" on either side

Compairing the two uninstalled

G35 spoiler depot spoiler

What I got, you can see it is curved a fair bit more and has a body line on the top

So i was worried because I ordered it painted they wont want to fix thier mistake, but then I think I never had it painted it is 100% thier fault they painted and sent me the wrong spoiler. The box even had one part number crossed out and another wrote on this should be cut and dried they made a mistake.

So i phone them they seem to think it has been along time since they sent it to me, it was a little over a month since it arrived at my house. i explained the car was in storage so this was the first time I tried installing it, I said it is the wrong spoiler weather it is a month or a week. I was never angry with them I just asked how we could make this right I didnt want a refund I wanted the correct spoiler. I gave them both the part numbers off the box and mentioned that seemed odd to me as well that the part number on the box had been crossed out and another wrote on. i assume the orginal number is the spoiler I got and the one that was wrote on after is the G35 part number they wouldnt admit to either number being right or wrong. Basically i dont think they trusted me so they had me send them pictures. I sent pictures and emailed and phoned they never got the pictures so I sent them again all on one email and then again I sent 10 individual numbered emails with one picture each. Still they claimed they never got any emails but the email address was correct because they replied to it previously. Anyway I sent everything again at this point they quit taking my calls or answering my emails.

At this point I sent them a final email informing them them i would make as many threads on as many forums telling my story to get my $3xx worth of advertising for them.

So please do not buy from a dishonest company like spoiler depot. i saw other guys warnings and chose to ignore them i ended up with a spoiler for a car I dont own and i would try to sell it to recoupe some of my money but they wouldnt even tell me what car it does fit!!!

What do you guys think?? Please reply so this thread pops up when Spoiler depot is googled. Also the reason i used the word Spoiler Depot and annoying number of times in this thread so it is at the top when searched. thanks for reading guys.

I think my car looks better without their crap on it anyway.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 11-25-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Sorry to hear broski!

The following users liked this post:
Sylvan lake V35 (11-03-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
Such a beautiful car....Sorry to hear about all your trouble mate.....Sometimes that'll happen. Just gotta trust what you see......Hopefully it'll be resolved. Tried small claims?

Old 11-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
was this an "online transaction" or did you pay with your CC. file a claim with your CC and tell them you never received the part you order, you dont need to tell them you received the wrong part. just that you never got what your paid for, and you will get your money back

Old 11-02-2011, 06:55 PM
It was paid for with a CC but I think you have a time frame you can do charge backs? It was over 4-5 months from the time I paid until I came to the reality they were not going to fix their mistake

Old 11-02-2011, 08:41 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sucks and I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

BUT, I think you lost a lot of leverage with the bank and SD by waiting so long to at least eyeball the fitment. Lesson here is to inspect a part the minute it arrives, and if it's something specific to a car at least confirm it's what you ordered and fits like it should whether it's going to be installed at a later date or not.

GL with getting this all resolved to your satisfaction.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Life is a learning process and occasionally costly!

There's a member or two that believe I get a discount for frequently offering this advice but if you buy parts from our MARKETPLACE vendors chances of getting screwed are far less if not unheard of. IONIC sells a great looking spoiler and they'll paint if for you too, I guarantee it will fit perfectly.
Gary

Old 11-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I am clearly well past getting this resolved, my satisfaction will come from hopefully helping our members by informing them about the way Spoiler Depot does buisness and in turn hurting spoiler depots buisness even if it is a very small amount.
I doubt waiting a few weeks to contact them is the reason they chose not to resolve this issue. No one ever said you waited to long or we are not taking care of you because you should have told us sooner. They said they need pictures to varify it was in fact the wrong spoiler making me think they were going to fix their mistake. Then after multiple emails that they claimed they never got although when I sent other emails they would respond to them, one day they sudenly quit responding to my emails and phone calls. They never said yes it is the wrong spoiler but you took to long to make a claim they simply decided to ignor me.

I am not looking for life lessons or what I should have done here, I have been modifying cars for along time I am not new to this at all my mistake was not doing a charge back the second it fit wrong. Instead I gave them a chance to fix their mistake a courtosy I am sure all vendors would like to have I know if I make a mistake I like my boss to give me a chance to fix it instead of taking back the money he paid me to do the job. What ever none of this is the reason for the thread my goal here is to make others aware of how Spoiler Depot operates thats all. I long ago accepted I am out $300 and have a spoiler that is for the wrong car.

Some posts almost makes no sence at all that is the worst logic I have ever heard. Not sure why someone would would tell me I should have bought a completly different spoiler from a forum vendor?? If I wanted a spoiler from the market place I would have bought one from there. Dosent even make sence to tell someone they should have bought a completly different product than they wanted, if a vendor sold the spoiler depot spoiler I would have bought it from them but they dont. Sure i would have a spoiler if I did that but it would not be the spoiler I wanted so I guess I should have just saved my money and bought nothing either way by that logic I end up with a spoiler I dont want!

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 11-03-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Did you file this complaint with the BBB?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 AM
No I went and looked at their BBB rating it is already and F so nothing to gain there.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Looks much better without it anyways! Sorry for your problems.

The following 2 users liked this post by xXHotelCrazyXx:
GeeGirl82 (11-04-2011), Sylvan lake V35 (11-03-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They didn't really rip you off. You ripped yourself off. You should have looked at the BBB rating before you ordered. And if you knew pepole who had a bad experience, why order?

Your post makes no sense (not sence) to me about you ranting and raving about being ripped off. Should you have done your homework? Yes. Did you? No. Not their fault you chose to order from them. Yes it's the wrong part and you had many opportunities to correct it. I understand you're over it but get over it.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by s2odin
They didn't really rip you off. You ripped yourself off. You should have looked at the BBB rating before you ordered. And if you knew pepole who had a bad experience, why order?

Your post makes no sense (not sence) to me about you ranting and raving about being ripped off. Should you have done your homework? Yes. Did you? No. Not their fault you chose to order from them. Yes it's the wrong part and you had many opportunities to correct it. I understand you're over it but get over it.
So you read the BBB report everytime you buy something come on kid. It is not their fault for sending me the wrong part because I chose to order from them how did you come up with that if you order a steak in a restraunt they bring you fish it is your fault for going to that restraunt....exact same principal.

READ the post again , this was started to make others aware of Spoiler depot I heard mixed reveiws and decided to take a chance. This thread is not get advice on what I could have would have should have done it is to make others aware I had a negative experince a post that in hopes it will help others by reading another horrible experince they wont buy from Spoiler Depot. I read some posts that some guys were not overall happy but no one out right hung out with the wrong spoiler and no money.

If you order a product from a company and they send you the wrong product and you phone and email them to find a resolution they lead you on for awhile then start ignoring you that makes them not at fault I dont understand the logic you guys apply
People that think like that are the kind of people that think it is ok to rip off other people then blame the person they ripped off for being niaeve, you sound like a scam artist yourself.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 11-03-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
That sucks man! Allthis trouble your going through, i hope you can work it out

Old 11-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
So you read the BBB report everytime you buy something come on kid. It is not their fault for sending me the wrong part because I chose to order from them how did you come up with that if you order a steak in a restraunt they bring you fish it is your fault for going to that restraunt....exact same principal.

READ the post again , this was started to make others aware of Spoiler depot I heard mixed reveiws and decided to take a chance. This thread is not get advice on what I could have would have should have done it is to make others aware I had a negative experince a post that in hopes it will help others by reading another horrible experince they wont buy from Spoiler Depot. I read some posts that some guys were not overall happy but no one out right hung out with the wrong spoiler and no money.

If you order a product from a company and they send you the wrong product and you phone and email them to find a resolution they lead you on for awhile then start ignoring you that makes them not at fault I dont understand the logic you guys apply
People that think like that are the kind of people that think it is ok to rip off other people then blame the person they ripped off for being niaeve, you sound like a scam artist yourself.
I buy from companies I know I can rely on. Amazon, Newegg, RockAuto, etc. Not some sketchball company who has an F for BBB.

And if I look at a store online, yes I look at their BBB rating. You would be foolish not to (you obviously are). You don't need to start this to make people aware. If they are smart they will look at BBB rating and not order.

I sound like a scam artist? Rofl. Get real. It's called being an informed consumer. Yes you can't always get the right stuff, and if you get the wrong thing (fish instead of steak), you inform them immediately, not dick around and poke it with your fork, smell it, cut into it, taste it and then finally realize you are a moron. Unlike yourself who waited and waited and waited. After 1 month of waiting I would have disputed the claim with my CC company. Obviously you didn't think of that. Lrn2consumer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Spoiler Depot ripped me off!! Avoid spoiler depot