The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Gotta say I'm not a fan of the look. To me you've got too much going on, I'm a big fan of the less is more concept. With a black hood and roof if you paint the spoiler black the trunk will look out of place. If you paint the trunk and spoiler your car will look like Shamu. The side view looks all f*cked up, the line along the side under the fenders and the door looks disorganized since it's not straight and the black splash guards look out of place as well.

I think I get where you are going with the concept, I just think it needs to be scaled back a bit. Also, blacked out wheels and such are very difficult to see in pictures. I can't see your side skirts at all, not even with the picture enlarged and the wheels are very difficult to make out as well. Finally the light output of the headlights and tail lights can't be great tinted so darkly and that's not good. Don't get so lost in appearance mods that you overlook the essential safety features of the car. Too much of a good thing is never a good thing.

What would look balling on your car would be a black roof, black wheels, black grill and front spoiler and a black rear diffuser. Simple but very effective changes that don't look like you put your mod plans in a blender and installed whatever mess came out. But hey, if you want to drive a bi-polar Shamu then go for it.
I appreciate your honest opinion. The line under the door is the lower rubber door seal that is torn a few inches from the end. I was looking at replacing those and didn't realize how weird it looked until after I re-installed the side skirt. The headlights are not tinted, but inside is painted black. Tail lights came tinted when I purchased the car and the roof and hood were already black. I'm leaning more towards getting the hood and roof back to IP. Unfortunately, everything will be on hold for awhile as I'm having surgery on Monday to fix my torn hamstring. 5 weeks of no driving!

Old 08-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Anyone want to try and guess this sound?

Discovered this sound while driving today. Already ruled out low oil and trying to figure out what it maybe. I'm thinking a cat shield or a pulley bearing. Sound only appears at around 2500 rpm until 35000 rpm. It also happens in neutral if that helps. Sound is located solely on the driver's side

https://youtu.be/8bO0CyyL4to

Old 08-09-2017, 09:28 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Doesn't "quite" sound like rod knock, I think you need to get it on a lift and look under while someone else reproduces the sound

Old 08-09-2017, 09:59 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Edgarc6789
I think your talking about one of the members on here :-D

Black grill color match emblem
Black calipers and black rims
Black roof
Black windows
Black tail lights
Black diffuser I heard it's somewhere in he's garage
black accents

Originally Posted by CFE4130
I appreciate your honest opinion. The line under the door is the lower rubber door seal that is torn a few inches from the end. I was looking at replacing those and didn't realize how weird it looked until after I re-installed the side skirt. The headlights are not tinted, but inside is painted black. Tail lights came tinted when I purchased the car and the roof and hood were already black. I'm leaning more towards getting the hood and roof back to IP. Unfortunately, everything will be on hold for awhile as I'm having surgery on Monday to fix my torn hamstring. 5 weeks of no driving!
The roof you could leave black. On the doors, if you just remove that torn side trim it'll clean up the side profile a bit. I removed mine when I resprayed and decided to keep it off.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
On Sat she is going under the knife for the last time for this project.

On tap:
1) new oem upper and lower control arms - fresh!
2) Z1 motorsports lower ball joints
3) Whiteline swaybar links front and rear
4) Reinstall my ARC front strut bar

The stuff coming off of my car (upper and lower control arms, sway bar links) are in perfect working order--I'm just replacing bc my mechanic is moving and he was able to source the oem parts for me cheap. I'll put them up for sale once they are off.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
black accents

The roof you could leave black. On the doors, if you just remove that torn side trim it'll clean up the side profile a bit. I removed mine when I resprayed and decided to keep it off.
Man, I still can't believe you are on stock A arms! You are soooo low! But, it looks great!

The following users liked this post:
BradMD_96 (08-11-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 10:11 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Doesn't "quite" sound like rod knock, I think you need to get it on a lift and look under while someone else reproduces the sound

Yea I'm taking it to my buddies shop in the am. Will post results.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ39
On Sat she is going under the knife for the last time for this project.

On tap:
1) new oem upper and lower control arms - fresh!
2) Z1 motorsports lower ball joints
3) Whiteline swaybar links front and rear
4) Reinstall my ARC front strut bar

The stuff coming off of my car (upper and lower control arms, sway bar links) are in perfect working order--I'm just replacing bc my mechanic is moving and he was able to source the oem parts for me cheap. I'll put them up for sale once they are off.
It's about time. Decided to just buy new parts eh?

Old 08-10-2017, 06:55 AM
^^^LOL. Yeah, in order to save time and drama, I went with the oem. It seems as though the oem a arms are able to handle a fairly significant drop while maintaining reasonable camber (per my comments above) for a non-daily driven car. I have the Z1 arms on now, however, they are a bit noisier than stock and in the end when I put on the Fortune 500s, we ended up lowering the back more than the front (which already had a pretty good drop and was just barely out of camber spec), so I think I will just stick with the oem upper arms for now. No doubt that all of he bushings on the new parts are nice and fresh (most of the parts had what appeared to be MFG dates on them from 2015-2017--maybe they are still producing some parts?) and the pivots on the upper and lower arms are much more firm than the old arms. Looking forward to the final product.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BradMD_96

I started to remove them over the weekend, but it looked like they were left on when the car was resprayed by the previous owner. So there is a paint line. I may be able to cut the part that is splitting.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Installed coilovers.....rubbed like crazy so back up she went

Old 08-11-2017, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Great looking G coupe ya got there ^

Old 08-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Great looking G coupe ya got there ^
thx, I'm actually going to put her up for sale soon sadly.

Found a local M3 that really gave me the push to get rid of her.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:17 AM
Is she up or down in these pics? Still pretty low. Looks really good.

Which coilovers?

Did you keep stock upper control arms? How's the alignment?

Old 08-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by JZ39
Is she up or down in these pics? Still pretty low. Looks really good.

Which coilovers?

Did you keep stock upper control arms? How's the alignment?
1.up she was at 25" before and I raised to 26".
2.BC (I think black and gold) from a 350.
3.i don't have stock uppers but I think you can get away with just aftermarket toe arms and stock uppers.
4.alignment is within spec aside from neg camber in the rear.

.....I was so low it was literally going to start a fire or tear everything under the fender off.... including the fender.....too much work needed to go that low

Last edited by G35freaks; 08-12-2017 at 10:44 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?