The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Finally got proper spacers and alignment.
Name:  IMG_20160405_181722.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  167.0 KB

Old 04-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got an oil change today and the noise was still there. I went to a mechanic and he is telling me is my ac compressor. I looked at it and it's rusted. Can that be it?
Thanks for your reply

Old 04-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Finally got proper spacers and alignment.

Looks good what size spacers

Old 04-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Albanian122
Looks good what size spacers
10mm all around.didn't need much. Could have gone 15 in the back, but I'm already rubbing again (only had 45 degree fender roll with old wheel/tires) under hard fast turns. Either way I'm very pleased with the final result. Been 6 damn weeks between getting wheels, tires, spacers, alignment. Ugh..paid off tho.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:42 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
10mm all around.didn't need much. Could have gone 15 in the back, but I'm already rubbing again (only had 45 degree fender roll with old wheel/tires) under hard fast turns. Either way I'm very pleased with the final result. Been 6 damn weeks between getting wheels, tires, spacers, alignment. Ugh..paid off tho.

Looks awesome I'm trying to decide what spacers to run with my work wheels and figure out what tire size to run in the rear

Car decisions are the hardest decisions lol I

Old 04-06-2016, 03:14 AM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Looks pretty good Scrag. What suspension are you using? Maybe it's an illusion but the front looks a bit higher. I'm still loving the looks and ride on my 350z Bilstein/Pro-kit. I do need an alignment though.

Nice choice on the Nismo rollers

Old 04-06-2016, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by SUMBLAKDUDE
Good luck! Hopefully it will be fine. Some states with test are more strict than others but usually test pipes fail. HFC are good. I guess if you have resonated test pipes you will be ok
In an emission check state, test pipes should always fail, since they are hollow and contain no catalyst to break down the exhaust gas. HFC are actually still cats but with a different matrix of catalyst. .crap shoot on passing the sniffer with them.

personally my coupe came to me with LTH installed. I bought a set of Top Speed shorties and stock cats just in case I needed them, but since I'm in a no emission check state I have decided to keep the LTH. The shorties and cats are for sale. Now I just need to figure out how to quell the frequency that rings out of the LTH at 2500-3000 rpm. After that the car sounds awesome with my full custom exhaust.

also tuned with Osiris, although only a tweaked base tune right now. Full dyno tune soon to get it all working together. Even the base tune is a big improvement over stock, even if only for opening up the throttle plate more..stock is restricted opening in the first 3 gears.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by EPiK
Looks pretty good Scrag. What suspension are you using? Maybe it's an illusion but the front looks a bit higher. I'm still loving the looks and ride on my 350z Bilstein/Pro-kit. I do need an alignment though.

Nice choice on the Nismo rollers
Eibach G-coupe pro-kit, Monroe OESpectrum rear shocks (sport model), KYB Excel front shocks (sport model). Definitely an illusion; my rear is much higher..so much so that there's a bit if a rake..kinda rat rod style. I would like to go lower (with the same profile) on a 350 kit, but this is my DD so I need to keep it "sorta flush". I need function with my form. I may decide on a commuter later this year and turn this into an actual build, but til then I'm maintaining it like a daily.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:15 AM
This is my DD also, plenty of functionality and I understand you on the "sorta flush". On the 350z spec stuff I still have a great ride and ample ground clearance, no rake either. Every day on the way to work I hit a short cut that takes me over a steep driveway / entrance road to skip a long light. Going straight on it will scrape the underside, but hitting the ramp at an angle I often take it at 20mph+ smoothly.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:56 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
In an emission check state, test pipes should always fail, since they are hollow and contain no catalyst to break down the exhaust gas. HFC are actually still cats but with a different matrix of catalyst. .crap shoot on passing the sniffer with them.

personally my coupe came to me with LTH installed. I bought a set of Top Speed shorties and stock cats just in case I needed them, but since I'm in a no emission check state I have decided to keep the LTH. The shorties and cats are for sale. Now I just need to figure out how to quell the frequency that rings out of the LTH at 2500-3000 rpm. After that the car sounds awesome with my full custom exhaust.

also tuned with Osiris, although only a tweaked base tune right now. Full dyno tune soon to get it all working together. Even the base tune is a big improvement over stock, even if only for opening up the throttle plate more..stock is restricted opening in the first 3 gears.
Yea I live with no emissions which was another reason I was ok with LTH. If not I would have gone shorties/HFC. Have you thought or do you have an x pipe? I see a lot of guys add the magnaflow x pipe to their set ups to get rid of rasp and/or to tone down the exhaust.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:04 AM
EPiK, Scrag nice set ups! I need to get some spacers. When I was sitting a little higher on 350z s techs was ok. My wheels are 19x8.5 +15, 19x9.5 +15. Now on the coilovers I've dropped it just s tad but need to push wheels out in back at least a 5mm maybe a 10mm. This is my set up on the springs. I just haven't had time to get a clean shot with the coilovers yet.

Last edited by SUMBLAKDUDE; 04-07-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sadly just got a base tune done on Tuesday to find out one of the turbos is blowing smoke. Oh yeah and I clay bar, polished and wax her up.

The following users liked this post:
BowWizzel (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by SUMBLAKDUDE
Yea I live with no emissions which was another reason I was ok with LTH. If not I would have gone shorties/HFC. Have you thought or do you have an x pipe? I see a lot of guys add the magnaflow x pipe to their set ups to get rid of rasp and/or to tone down the exhaust.
I have the LTH, no idea what brand but there is a dimple in the one tube that is closest to the steering shaft knuckle, and sometimes on a hard right turn it contacts and I can feel it in the steering. That was a weird thing to encounter when I first got the car. Considering an engine stabilizer bar to keep the engine from twisting that way under torque. Next down the line is a Megan mid/y pipe. I may check out the MagnaFlow x pipe though if it will kill that 2500 rpm ring. Only thing I hate about the exhaust now..if I keep the revs above 3k it's not there though.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:39 PM
I have the LTH, no idea what brand but there is a dimple in the one tube that is closest to the steering shaft knuckle, and sometimes on a hard right turn it contacts and I can feel it in the steering. That was a weird thing to encounter when I first got the car. Considering an engine stabilizer bar to keep the engine from twisting that way under torque. Next down the line is a Megan mid/y pipe. I may check out the MagnaFlow x pipe though if it will kill that 2500 rpm ring. Only thing I hate about the exhaust now..if I keep the revs above 3k it's not there though.
You may have Megan long tubes. During my research into headers a common issue with the Megan's were them hitting steering shaft during installation and only way to get them in was putting a dent in them. Megan even knew about it and that was the fix they were advising.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:45 PM
That some BS right there. I even bought a new set of motor mounts thinking that the mounts were going bad, then I saw the clearance issue. Still never put them in either. This engine bay is a PITA to work on down there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?