The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:07 AM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Maybe I missed it but what brand exhaust are you running? Car sounds really good and I'm sure you never exceeded the posted speed limit in your video right?
Only once actually. Speed limit on that road is 55, and only the WOT pull went into third which pushed me beyond 60. The 2nd gear fly by was like 60-62. As to the brand, I have no idea whatsoever. Looks like an eBay replica, but not 100% sure. I paid $140 for it used. I searched online for a similar style and found 0 leads. Currently the setup is test pipes, stock y, and unkown brand mid-pipe + muffler.

Last edited by Conissah; 05-29-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by SAMzG35
I drove it! This barely happens anymore lol

Aww yiss.

Mine...

I drove it 1000 miles to go to the racetrack, and I got to ride a Moto America race bike, that was pretty neat. Great Memorial Day weekend experience.

Dash peeled for the first time in the 100* heat on the way there. Not happy about that, need to replace the dash now. Aghhh!!!

Replaced the diff fluid with RedLine 75W/90. I don't think the dealer replaced it at 95k like I paid them to . Feels like there is a VLSD back there now.

Rebalanced the wheels and tires because of a bad shake starting at only 55 mph. Fine up to cruise control disabling speeds now.

Also installed a new flush mount back up camera and it has a great image.

Also bought an LEDMarkers third brake light. The local Nissan wouldn't leave me alone about an LED bulb being out on the board so it's replacement time. I've heard great things about these.

Also realized one of the license plate LED bulbs was out. The contacts weren't touching, silly.

Lastly.... eBay blinkers only lasted one year, so I ordered some nice replacement LED's for the blinkers that hopefully do well.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-photo530.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo494.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo999.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo162.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo699.jpg  

What did you do to the G today?-photo870.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo624.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo810.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo293.jpg  
Old 05-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
New dash is $$$$. I'd pull a dash from a junk car and peel the old vinyl off and wrap it using four way stretch vinyl with dap industrial grade contact cement. $200 vs $1000. It's also nice to practice removing the dash on a junk car

Old 05-30-2018, 02:59 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Ordered the furookie 3.5 and kinetix manfold also ordered the Osiris ARC features for when I get the car retuned

Old 05-30-2018, 03:02 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Rough spot for a crack... If I were in this situation I'd end up filling that hole with JB weld and wrapping over it, or just putting down a sticker. The G's interior was nice 10 years ago but it's old enough now that IMO some DIY interior repairs don't completely ruin an otherwise nice car.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cswlightning
Rough spot for a crack... If I were in this situation I'd end up filling that hole with JB weld and wrapping over it, or just putting down a sticker. The G's interior was nice 10 years ago but it's old enough now that IMO some DIY interior repairs don't completely ruin an otherwise nice car.
That's what I'll likely do. For now I'll just adhere it back.

I installed an aftermarket 3rd brake light today as my old one had 3 failed LED's and the dealer won't leave me alone. LED markers from eBay. This unit had been around forever... I researched it when I bought the G in 2013. It works great and seems to have a little more light dispersion than stock. I'm happy, OEM+ replacement.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-photo957.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo222.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo635.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo582.jpg  
Old 05-31-2018, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swapped out the rear license plate lights for some LEDs First time and took me less than 10 mins #feelsgood. Going to try and tackle the trunk light later today. Scared of breaking that clip though.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:39 PM
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts
I think the license plate 'clips' are more fragile than the trunk light's clip simply because they're out in the elements much more. The trunk clip is stiff but it's also fairly thick.

I replaced all of the interior lights (not counting the tiny 'map' light) in 15 minutes or so. Usually those damn lens covers or clips are really fragile or otherwise hard to un-clip (or I'm tooooo cautious) but in this case, they were really easy.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hall Stevenson
I think the license plate 'clips' are more fragile than the trunk light's clip simply because they're out in the elements much more. The trunk clip is stiff but it's also fairly thick.

I replaced all of the interior lights (not counting the tiny 'map' light) in 15 minutes or so. Usually those damn lens covers or clips are really fragile or otherwise hard to un-clip (or I'm tooooo cautious) but in this case, they were really easy.
Thanks for the tips. I found using an old gift card/credit card for the map lights works best...I work from the hinge part (furthest from turning the light on or off) and pull downwards slightly once the card slips in. I ordered the LEDs today for those so just waiting on them to come in the next couple of days.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:34 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
I used a really small flat screwdriver never broke or had an issues using it

It's good for everything

Old 05-31-2018, 05:06 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
That's what I'll likely do. For now I'll just adhere it back.

I installed an aftermarket 3rd brake light today as my old one had 3 failed LED's and the dealer won't leave me alone. LED markers from eBay. This unit had been around forever... I researched it when I bought the G in 2013. It works great and seems to have a little more light dispersion than stock. I'm happy, OEM+ replacement.
Yep. I bought one to hold in reserve for when mine finally fails. For now, my "remove, wiggle wires, reinstall" bandaid is holding up.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=461976&page=1

Old 05-31-2018, 08:30 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Use a hot glue gun as adhesive for that chip in the dash, it holds up fantastically for many years. I used hot glue for restoring classic dashes that look like the grand canyon.

Carve a wedge in the crack so nothing is raised higher than the stock dash profile. Use a strip of aluminum foil and set it on a good section of the dash and press it down until you get a perfect texture of the dash then tape one end at the top of the crack, gently fill the crack with just the right amount of glue and work your way down the crack gently pressing the aluminum foil onto the glue with a gloved hand, go about 2-3" at a time because the glue sets up pretty quick.

​​​​​​Give it an hour to cool off and peel the aluminum foil off, now you have a perfectly filled crack with the correct surface texture, clean all remaining surface and prime/paint with vinyl paint.

Usually on classics we remove the windshield and do all this with the dash in place because '50s - '60s era dashes usually have massive cracks and are too fragile to reinstall without further damaging.

Fortunately the G has plentiful used parts available but this dash repair method works great too if parts aren't as available.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:46 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Found a hole in my radiator. Fun times fun times.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
Yep. I bought one to hold in reserve for when mine finally fails. For now, my "remove, wiggle wires, reinstall" bandaid is holding up.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=461976&page=1
That's grand. Odd behavior for sure.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:10 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

I really need those bottom grills..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?