Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
nah you're probably ok...mostly 05-06 rev ups...almost all 6mt

check your oil though

Old 04-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
nah you're probably ok...mostly 05-06 rev ups...almost all 6mt

check your oil though
I know. My car burns almost no oil. It's just you said that half of the forum has had their engine replaced so that would be more than just 05-06 rev ups.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:24 PM
i have an 04 and i needed a new motor

and they wouldnt make a TSB if it wasnt a common issue
https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-tec...ption-tsb.html

guess you take stuff very literally

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...nsumption.html

how about 450 people responded to the poll, not every member of the forum has even seen the poll and most people with g35s have never been to g35driver before so that sounds like a lot of G35's with oil consumption problems

Old 04-23-2010, 05:40 PM
i have an 04 and i needed a new motor

and they wouldnt make a TSB if it wasnt a common issue
https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-tec...ption-tsb.html

guess you take stuff very literally

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...nsumption.html

how about 450 people responded to the poll, not every member of the forum has even seen the poll and most people with g35s have never been to g35driver before so that sounds like a lot of G35's with oil consumption problems
And I guess you exaggerate how many people have actually had their motors replaced especially since the majority of G35's are automatics and are not even affected by the TSB you posted.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:50 PM
and yet in the poll there are plenty of affected automatics...odd

Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess getting it back on topic, there's a few things I don't like about my 04 G35 6MT sedan. I also have the Sport package with Tokico struts from the 350Z and LSD.

- the car feels very unsure of itself when entering a turn. It has great turn-in which surprised me, but it kind of lumbers through a turn like it's carrying excess weight. It's probably a factor of its sheer height of which I know the Coupes are slightly lower, but even on the Sport struts, the roll unsettles the car. A good fix would probably be 350Z enthusiast struts with the springs and a nice, fat front sway. A good set of tires would probably do wonders as well.

- cannot stand the clutch/flywheel combo. I know Infiniti went with a dual mass to make actuation easier, but it really is a pain. I like the 6 speed transmission despite its unusable 1st gear. I can rev match easily, but upshifting, until you get used to it, is an annoyingly ghostly affair. The clutch is downright quiet. And the common release bearing grinding noise is irritating as well.

- creaks and noises. I know the whole compression rod issue so that one doesn't bother me as much, but there's a few noises that just get on my nerves haha. My 1991 NSX had fewer noises and it was 19 years old.

Other than that, I pretty much enjoy the car. I know it has its problems, but it's been a pretty good car for the year that I've owned it ( knock on wood! ). I think the interior materials are better than most new BMW 3s and Audis I've seen ( their leather looks like someone ripped up a bunch of basketballs, sewed them together, dyed it black, and wrapped it around a seat ). The torque is nice. I don't suffer from THAT bad of gas mileage. The interior layout could be better, but they fixed that with 05+. I just have a few gripes

Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 AM
350z suspension helps the handling but makes it a little less relaxed on the highway

Old 04-24-2010, 02:07 PM
and yet in the poll there are plenty of affected automatics...odd
Oh, well you're right then. That means 50% of G35 owners on this board have had their engines replaced. I apologize.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OKStateG35
Oh, well you're right then. That means 50% of G35 owners on this board have had their engines replaced. I apologize.
I replaced mine myself but it's cause of a crazy Harmonic Balancer issue that trashed the key on the timing gear... Very weird

Old 04-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing I HATE about the G35 is it's small a** trunk. Before I bought my G, I had a '94 Camry that fit 2 15's in the trunk. When I bought my G, it wouldn't fit in my trunk. I had to sell 'em. Totally lame.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
350z suspension helps the handling but makes it a little less relaxed on the highway
I'd trade a little ride comfort and stability for the surefootedness. I can fix stability with tire pressure and I don't mind a few bumps and wandering.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by OKStateG35
obviously since 100% of g35 owners are on g35 drivers... it was an exageration, OBVIOUSLY, fact remains it is a serious widespread problem, and for everyone on g35driver.com who either has an oil burning problem and/or got a new engine there are probably 10 oblivious owners out there who don't even know they qualify for a new engine and just add oil or even worse, some old lady driving her luxury car runs out of oil and the engine seizes.

Originally Posted by usafdarkhorse
I'd trade a little ride comfort and stability for the surefootedness. I can fix stability with tire pressure and I don't mind a few bumps and wandering.
yeah the stance looks great too considering its all oem parts, I mean you could just do the g/z drop, but I would just try to find the complete suspension from a 350z...after it was revised of course...that is 04.5+ i believe

Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 AM
my car has a couple of annoying things

1. Downshifting to 5th will cause a weird grind (not often: seems to happen more when its cold, has happened in 3rd gear before too)
2. Clutch pedal sticks when its cold
3. Passenger door whistles at 45mph and higher
4. Car makes random clicking noises that I think is related to power (might be fixed magically, haven't heard it in a day or so)

Old 04-26-2010, 04:17 PM
The lack of power. This is the first factory NA vehicle I've owned in 11 years, and will be the last.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
The little rattles here and there. Really haven't been an issue lately, but anytime I drive on a road that isn't completely smooth I'll hear a rattle up by my rear view mirror.

The passenger side window has a mind of it's own. I know the motor probably needs to be replaced but that's not huge for me since I barely get to drive it when I'm at school. But it's annoying how it'll work one day, then get stuck halfway up the next.

And I obviously wish I had some more power, but the car is 6 years old and is just under 300hp, that's not terrible, just want more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?