The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Aftermarket parts cheapen your G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010 | 03:34 PM
SIETESG
Premier Member
yes it nice to have a great deal when shopping for tires..Internet prices will show lower prices to get you to buy, but when it comes to shipping thats were they get you.

so getting the the tires at xx amount doesn't mean anything. it's the total price that matters.

I prefer discounttiresdirect.com and yes they do offer free shipping and price match full price as well.

your hook up is tirerack...that is not a hook up. I can get the same deal by logging onto another forum where they are vendors there.

your hook up = fail

Old 05-26-2010 | 03:38 PM
SIETESG
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
if you don't like brand names why did you buy an infiniti instead of say a nissan 370z or a hyundai genesis coupe 3.8

basically what you are telling me is you care how rims look and for the sake of looking good you will just buy generic tires...i mean sure they might be fine, but personally I don't think any of us know enough about tires to beable to tell what company is gonna sell you an unsafe tire that will have imperfections in its rubber and blow out at 90mph, I'd rather spend a little more and have a proven brand, I also wouldn't buy the most expensive tire just because it was expensive, I check out tire reviews and decide based on that, I don't know exactly what else you can do aside from trying them all out
you say proven brand.. you know most tires are made from the same warehouse right?

I also bought an Infiniti cause I liked the car and got it an awesome deal at the time. since then I come to enjoy what Infiniti offers for the price and package, comparing to Lexus and BMW.

once again it fit my needs and wants

Old 05-26-2010 | 03:43 PM
what is that supposed to mean

fusions, firestones and bridgestones are all pretty much the same, but falkens are made in japan, hankooks and kumhos are made in korea, etc

discounttiredirect, my bro has a wholesale account with them too, their price may be lower, I dont know if it is, I don't care either, but I have dealt with both sites and tirerack has amazing customer service and you almost always get your tires in one day so if the price is close I will always pick tirerack,

discount tire direct has a smaller selection and you do realized the shipping is built into the price right? there is no such thing as free shipping, even if you buy something in a store it had to get there somehow right?

stop wasting my time you obviously have no clue what you are talking about when you make blanket statments like "all tires are made in the same warehouse" lol

Old 05-26-2010 | 03:47 PM
SIETESG
Premier Member
what is that supposed to mean

fusions, firestones and bridgestones are all pretty much the same, but falkens are made in japan, hankooks and kumhos are made in korea, etc

discounttiredirect, my bro has a wholesale account with them too, their price may be lower, I dont know if it is, I don't care either, but I have dealt with both sites and tirerack has amazing customer service and you almost always get your tires in one day so if the price is close I will always pick tirerack,

discount tire direct has a smaller selection and you do realized the shipping is built into the price right? there is no such thing as free shipping, even if you buy something in a store it had to get there somehow right?

stop wasting my time you obviously have no clue what you are talking about when you make blanket statments like "all tires are made in the same warehouse" lol

thats my point when you order from tirerack.. they dont include the shipping price into the retail saile, until the very end. you think you're saving but your not.

I didnt say "all" I said most. what makes you think that a company that located in Japan wont have their tires made or material purchased in korea to save on cost.

just like american products, where much of U.S products are made around the world to help cut on cost.

If brand names make you feel good about yourself, then by all means go right ahead.

Old 05-26-2010 | 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by LightsOut
thats my point when you order from tirerack.. they dont include the shipping price into the retail saile, until the very end. you think you're saving but your not.

I didnt say "all" I said most. what makes you think that a company that located in Japan wont have their tires made or material purchased in korea to save on cost.

just like american products, where much of U.S products are made around the world to help cut on cost.

If brand names make you feel good about yourself, then by all means go right ahead.
until the very end? you mean after you put in your zip code so they know how far they have to ship them? so you prefer to pay a flat shipping fee no matter how far away you are then to have it calculated out

do you also shop cars based on monthly payment rather then total price?

i checked the discounttire wholesale site(directperformance.com), they don't even have the tires i was looking at on tirerack, all they have is the runflat version for $364

looking back and forth between the sites direct performance is a bit cheaper, but the selection isn't nearly as good

for example
Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 275/35-19
tirerack wholesale $185 x 4 = 740 + 40.84(shipping) = 780.84
directpreformance $189 shipped x 4 = 756, so yeah its cheaper, but I could get them from there too, obviously since i got the password for that site too, so i really don't know what your point is...and still if he got them from his stock or a local warehouse it may end up being less then that

how about your hook up?

Old 05-26-2010 | 04:30 PM
Old 05-26-2010 | 04:39 PM
SIETESG
Premier Member
until the very end? you mean after you put in your zip code so they know how far they have to ship them? so you prefer to pay a flat shipping fee no matter how far away you are then to have it calculated out

do you also shop cars based on monthly payment rather then total price?

i checked the discounttire wholesale site(directperformance.com), they don't even have the tires i was looking at on tirerack, all they have is the runflat version for $364

looking back and forth between the sites direct performance is a bit cheaper, but the selection isn't nearly as good

for example
Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 275/35-19
tirerack wholesale $185 x 4 = 740 + 40.84(shipping) = 780.84
directpreformance $189 shipped x 4 = 756, so yeah its cheaper, but I could get them from there too, obviously since i got the password for that site too, so i really don't know what your point is...and still if he got them from his stock or a local warehouse it may end up being less then that

how about your hook up?

my hook up is the local tire shops around me. I can make a few phone calls to few buddies who have better insight to discounts than I do.. walla hook up it is. straight cash, no shipping required and mounted and balanced all for one low price.

next...

Old 05-26-2010 | 07:15 PM
Old 05-26-2010 | 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by LightsOut
my hook up is the local tire shops around me. I can make a few phone calls to few buddies who have better insight to discounts than I do.. walla hook up it is. straight cash, no shipping required and mounted and balanced all for one low price.

next...
are you illiterate? my brother works in a tire shop, I get my tires the same way..what part of this dont you understand? i trade beer for tire mounting

like I said...tell me what you paid for your tires and I will tell you what I can get them for, I already proved that I actually do have a hook up, you just talked a bunch of $hit

Old 05-27-2010 | 03:21 AM
1. spoilers are gay...
but they make your car go so much faster!!
2. people modding arent looking to increase market value. Its a hobby.

Old 05-27-2010 | 03:29 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by JoeSage
1. spoilers are gay...
but they make your car go so much faster!!
2. people modding arent looking to increase market value. Its a hobby.
You have to be really lucky to find someone who likes the way you modded your car and is willing to pay your asking price.

I listed my car on modifiedcartrader.com and found that buyer. He paid me asking price.

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:31 AM
yeah certain mods will raise the value of your car to the right person

Old 05-27-2010 | 11:29 AM
SIETESG
Premier Member
are you illiterate? my brother works in a tire shop, I get my tires the same way..what part of this dont you understand? i trade beer for tire mounting

like I said...tell me what you paid for your tires and I will tell you what I can get them for, I already proved that I actually do have a hook up, you just talked a bunch of $hit
loosing ones cool on an internet forum...

this is going no where just a contest and now off topic.

Old 05-27-2010 | 11:40 AM
cool story bro, you started it, lets see your hook up

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:55 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket parts cheapen your G