The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Aftermarket parts cheapen your G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Aftermarket parts cheapen your G

I love the lines of the G and wouldn't change them either but this guy obviously hasn't heard the Borla exhaust because if he did, he'd have one. I question the 5hp but even if it was the same hp, the sound is incredible. Borla claims 15-20 hp gains......atleast on my 6mt.

Old 08-27-2003, 12:01 AM

niko, I pretty much agree with you and Mani and even JDMan (hey! we can agree again! yes, you may be a bit snobbish, but at least you know it and admit it--that's a start. Just kidding, bud.). But as you said, it is your opinion.

And that's the beauty of this forum, to share knowledge, questions, insights AND opinions, too. I frequently put myself in another form (so to speak) and look at some of the mods, wheels, badges, de-badging and when I do that, it looks kinda good. But for me, there's an awful lot to be said about the G coupe or sedan in stock trim. And for me that includes WITHOUT the rear spoiler. And yes, I have had, and liked, a factory spoiler before.

So let's continue the "discussion". It's food for the brain and good insight into why people do what they do, and what we like!

Drive on fellow G's!

BONDg35c

Old 08-27-2003, 08:32 AM

To each their own, in FL where I live a stock G35 sedan is 10 times better than most cars on the road. I will keep stock until I find something I really like.

Warning, I am open to whatever floats your boat attitude but those dam spinners! I think I would go postal if I ever saw those on a G. Yeah I know to each their own and this is only a nissan. But the best car (before this ) was a 93 Altima SE. Every car brand has their high end units weather they call them infiniti, lexus etc they are still higher end!

Peace!

Have a healthy day!
93 J30t, Black on Black
03.5 G35, Black on Black

Old 08-27-2003, 01:29 PM

IMO, Lexus is just Toyota trying to copy whatever Mercedes is doing, look @ their exterior looks, interior looks and so on. it's as if Lexus is tryin to play a "catch up" game to the Mercedes.
Even though Lexus tried to push themselves into the "higher end market" as some of u call it, But the trtuh is that, Lexus is way OVERPRICED for the quality of the car. so IMO if u ever consider a Lexus, buy the mercedes for a little more money and expect a WHOLE LOT MORE.

thaz my 2 cent

Old 08-27-2003, 02:48 PM

Wow- I really stirred up quite a bit of responses here- OK, first let me say Thank you to djgcue for pointing out that this car is actually a Nissan. So is the Coupe considered a 2 door or a 4 door? OK, kidding aside- I'm not trying to come off as snobbish even though it may have sounded that way. I have had many sports cars in the past and have modified each and everyone of them from bodykits, to exhaust, to rims, etc. and in the end when it comes down to it- I just cant get myself to do any of that to my G. To me its such a work of art, that I wouldn't want to change anything. I'm sure there are much better wheels out there and I'm sure that Borla exhaust sounds real sweet, but in the end I just wanted to see how many people share the same opinion as me about external mods and how it alters the look of the car- for better or worse.

2003 Black/Willow Coupe- Aero/Sport/Prem

Old 08-27-2003, 09:17 PM

Niko are u tryin to get married or smoethig? wtf for better or worse..wow or u watch 2 many soap opera?
and yes u did make urself sound awfully stubborn and u also dissed a lot of peepz along the way with ur harsh words, plz use words wwisely

p.s. lay off them soap operas, they aint' good for u

Old 08-27-2003, 09:45 PM

I think this is a good thread... helps get some understanding as to why some people like to add exterior aftermarket products to their cars and some simply like stock. But I think Niko you got the response most people would predict on this forum - some like stock just like you but a good majority here would add rims, maybe not a whole kit, but a subtle front or rear lip spoiler, an aftermarket grill, etc. I think earlier in this post someone said it best "variety is the spice of life".

We could all be driving around in black VW bugs because it's the only car the gov't would allow like in commie russia decades ago. But we enjoy the freedom in the good ol' U.S. of A. to buy whatever color or type of car we like that's out there and express ourselves even on our rides. So you may think a big fat Veilside wing spoiler looks rice on the back of someone's G, but for that person he may think it makes his car look tight and feels pretty damn proud of it... that's all that really matters. Alright I'm off the soap box, now.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:36 AM

my opinion

the funny thing is, some of the people complain about the aftermarket parts people put on their car but then go get the borla. if you ask me buying the borla is what really cheapens the car, id only put titanium exhaust on my car, id only but a real bodykit, no replica, i wont buy the crawford plenum, i want an all new complete intake plenum like on the top secret Z not a reworking of the stock one. i wouldnt put springs on my car, id do coilovers, and for wheels i wouldnt put most of the brands you guys use, id stick with HRE, ADVAN, VOLK, or WORK.

-moooooo

Old 08-28-2003, 01:57 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Well god bless a country that allow's us to have free will in many different area's, including what we do or don't do to our cars. I'd keep mine 100% stock looking if I could bring about the improved capabilities I must have. Since I can't keep that desire to remain stock looking, I do what I can to get the enhancement's I need. Yet I do try and remain low key about the appearance aspect.

Ivry 6mt sed
Crawford Pleneum
Injen CAI
22" resonator
Cusco sway bars
350Z springs&struts
Enkei RPM2

Old 08-28-2003, 11:39 AM

LOL...this post is very entertaining...
My next mods:
- 20" chrome spinner wheels
- a big porsche turbo style wing
- chrome chicken wire front grille
- hydraulic supspension, so the whole car can be dropped and rest on the side skirt and huge front spoiler when it is parked.
- not sure what kinda stick on graphic yet, but it has to be huge and bright.
- any one knows where to get those neon/black lights to put under the car?
- any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!!

Bo
6M/T Coupe, DP/Willow, Premium

Old 08-28-2003, 12:33 PM

limanb,

funny man...hey i know where u can get all those stuff...EBAY!!!

g35mt

Old 08-28-2003, 01:13 PM

saw some 14" plastic spinner wheels at pepboys.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:30 PM

Question for those of you who prefer to personalize your cars:

If you were shopping for a used G, would you pay more for a stock car that you could make your own, or would you pay more for a car that has been modified/customized? If you bought the modified car would you then feel the need to personalize it immediately after purchase?

2004 6mt Laser/Graphite/Aero/Premium/BSM/splash on order

Old 08-28-2003, 02:21 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

If you were shopping for a used G, would you pay more for a stock car that you could make your own, or would you pay more for a car that has been modified/customized? If you bought the modified car would you then feel the need to personalize it immediately after purchase?

<hr></blockquote>

Actually, when i was shopping around for a car, I was looking for a Supra Turbo 6MT. I couldn't find one unmodded. I personally wouldn't buy a modded car used, because you know they beat the hell out of that thing.

---------------------------------
http://www.anythingbox.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket parts cheapen your G