G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Windows pening autonomously?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows opening autonomously?

Here's what happened today.

I parked at work, right in front of the office with a glass front so you can my car. Later in the day about 3:45pm the blinds are closed on the window. Around 4:00pm one of my co-workers leaves. A couple of minutes later I get a call from him telling me to check on my car windows.

I look out and sure enough both driver and passenger windows are open about 3" each. I did not do this, the key fob was in a closed drawer all day, and no one else where I work would have done this either. Yes, the windows were up previously. What makes it worse is that it was raining at the time. Everything was still in the car and the doors were locked.

So... has anybody heard of something like this happening before, a glitch maybe, or do you think there is some foul play involved. I am 100% sure that no one I work with would have done this, or even known how.

I'm freaking out about it.

Sorry - '05 Coupe, fully loaded.

Edit - yes, it did get wet inside but not too badly.

Last edited by Megalith; 03-28-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:31 PM
My car has done somthing similar before ( less then 3 times)

I get into the car after its been in the sun, and shut the door and the windows go down about 3 inches or so....

Wierd

Old 03-28-2006, 09:31 PM
LoL... wow that sucks... did the car get all wet on the inside?? Never heard of this... but are windows on the 03-04 G's are known to go out.. but never roll down by them selves... i think someone is pullin your chain at work... anyone else wana help me out on this?

Old 03-28-2006, 10:53 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, he used the word "pening"

What kind of "foul play" are you thinking?

Old 03-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Banned
Some earlier Nissans had this problem(04-05 Altima's)

Old 03-29-2006, 01:31 AM
I was crouched down and fiddling with the block heater cable one day. I stood up when I noticed the hazards flashing. I noticed all four windows were down. The button must have been pressed accidently in my pocket by one of the keys. Now I always check to make sure the windows are up as I walk away from the car.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:09 AM
Do we own the same car? The EXACT same thing happened to me yesterday at work. The outside of the car was wet with rain but I only saw a few drops inside.

There's an FX that parks not too far from me. I wonder how many different codes Infiniti uses for their remotes. This sucks.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Windows mysteriously open

I have the same experience with my 2005 G35 sedan when parked in my garage where my neighbors also park their cars. In the last six months, three times I have found the car with all of the windows down. I never put all of the windows down at one time and always make sure the car is closed up and locked before I leave it.

This seems to have started since one of my neighbors got a new MB 230 that's also parked in the garage, while all of the other cars are much older. (For fear of looking stupid, I've yet to ask him to test it.) Other than that I dont know of any other signal that may cause this. I'm not aware of any feature on the car or key that opens the windows remotely. Maybe a cell phone or garage door opener?

Ideas?

Thanks

Old 04-07-2006, 11:36 AM
my window won't automatically go up. it will reach the top and then come back down the 3 in. I think there is a TSB for this. You may have trouble recreating this, but luckily (or unluckily) mine does this every time. So right now I have to slowily inch the window up without the automatic kicking in, in order to close the window.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by campeau
Other than that I dont know of any other signal that may cause this. I'm not aware of any feature on the car or key that opens the windows remotely...

Ideas?
Have you ever held the unlock button on your remote down for a while?

Curt

Old 04-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Mystery windows

Originally Posted by Curt G
Have you ever held the unlock button on your remote down for a while?

Curt
Curt G is a genius! Nissan couldn't give me a reason, and it's not in the manual, but if you hold down the unlock button on the key remote the windows retract. I tried it from my 4th floor apartment, and, whoa, the windows on the car were down when I went downstairs to check. So I guess sitting with the key remote in the pants pocket is risky even from a great distance.

Last edited by campeau; 04-13-2006 at 12:02 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-13-2006, 12:06 AM
LoL... ya my friend with his Mini S did that one day i was like holly molly... he said the G should do it to... and waa..la

Old 04-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by spirogyro
my window won't automatically go up. it will reach the top and then come back down the 3 in. I think there is a TSB for this. You may have trouble recreating this, but luckily (or unluckily) mine does this every time. So right now I have to slowily inch the window up without the automatic kicking in, in order to close the window.
I am expereincing EXACTLY the same problem with driver side window...

...2003 coupe here...

is there an easy solution? or is it a motor that needs to be replaced

Old 04-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by spirogyro
Yeah, so as soon as I pull into my garage today after getting my 3750 mile service, this exact same thing happened to my driver window. When I hit the auto-up, it goes to the top, stops, then drops down about 3 inches. Guess it's back to the dealer. I hope this isn't the beginning of a lot of problems. Does anyone know how to find the TSB for this problem? I couldn't find it.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Same issue here with my passenger window. When I use the automatic close, it goes up, then comes down about 3 inches. I took my car to Lake Norman Infiniti yesterday and they acted as thought it was a common problem. The motor on the drivers side was already replaced a few months ago. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the loaner G35x.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Windows pening autonomously?