Need to vent and I have a rim question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need to vent and I have a rim question.

Hi guys,

Finally moved into my new apt in Union City. yes I know it's not NY but I did it.
Anyway, I am new to the area and I went to the local handwash car wash place. For those that know me, know that I just put on RH Pro 5 on. Well guess what happened AGAIN? (Took it to a car wash before but I didn't realize it was this place since I was in a rush...yes I know I am was a dope for now checking more closely. Had the place wax it out there.) Car comes out looking clean...ok. But my rims have a white film on it again?!??!? The guy trys to put some wax on which helped but he didn't really put it on. You could have swore the guys hands were broke! Then him and the manager look at me like "what?, what do you want us to do?"
I have no words, I am not the volient type but I wanted to beat them all with my tire iron!!!!1 GRRRR. I didn't feel like getting into a fight with a whole car wash place cause I know as soon as I would have crack the tool in the head I would have had 7 dudes on me.

This is where I called Drew and tells me to chill and get some Zanio or wax for the rims. Thanks again Drew.

Ok, now that I vented.

Here is the question, Where can I get some wax for the rims? I have no idea what is around here so I am forced to order something online.

Help!

thanks in advance.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
If your talking about union city, NJ im not but 15-20min away from you. I got that new Ducsmilk that will take away that white film. john AKA Ducatiguy would best tell you if it would help. If he says yeah we having alil gathering tomorrow night if you want to come out and can do the test to see if it works at the same time.

I posted about the meet in the northeast forum if you interested.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:51 AM
I am interested on meeting up but

Yup, Union City, NJ.

where? and what time tomorrow? again I am new to the area. and I at work so I really don't have time to read through all the threads (sorry for be lazy but getting crushed at work) I just have enough time to read a few.

And yes I want to check out the stuff for the rims. I am so pissed! Rims look like *^^*%$$%#$%!!!!!!!!!!

thanks again.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:18 AM
I hate to say it, but you need to keep your car out of the carwash. More often than not, they state they will not be responsible for damage to modified cars. Also you need to be wary of any chemicals that they may have in their detergents. And lastly you need to be worry about how they filter/recycle the water.

Old 08-18-2005, 05:15 PM
G SQUAD
i m from jersey city and what car wash did you go to? the one on kennedy blvd? or the the by washington park near central ave. there s also one across from a church right near by.

Old 08-18-2005, 06:09 PM
The one on river road...

the hand wash place. NEver again do I go there!!!!!!!! it's right past the galaxy buildings

When I asked them to look at the rims they got annoyed?!?!?? I was hey buddy i am the one that should be pissed!

Old 08-18-2005, 08:47 PM
everything g35.com has wheel wax get it their

Trending Topics

Old 08-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey man, sorry to hear about your little problem... I would be more than happy to send you a free bottle of DUCSMilk to try, but it don't think it's going to get out any hard water or "acid etched" wheel cleaner stains (which are common with car washes). What happens is they usually spray on wheel cleaner on to a hot rim and let it sit there. the combination of the wheel being hot and the time frame, the cleaner actually eats into the clear coat / paint of the wheel, staining it. This happens all the time! They dont take the time to cool off the wheel (sometimes all it takes is a quick burst of cool water) and in an effort to get the job done fast, spray their product on fast, and get to when they "get to it" which is sometimes too late. When you go and complain, they look at you with that "what look", because honestly I don't even think they know what they've done. Most have unexperienced people doing the job, which is why this happens in the first place.

Unfortunately, I hate to say this but, I don't think wheel wax is going to work either. If the damage is a hard water stain or what's known as acid ecth, you're pretty much out of luck. The only cure is to refinish the wheel / lip. I know you don't want to hear that, but that be the only solution. But, by all means try whatever's out there and give it a go. Heck, you never know...

Once again, I'm sorry to hear about your wheels. If you would like a free bottle of DUCSMilk, PM me your address and I'll ship one out to asap...

Old 08-18-2005, 10:04 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
Hey man, sorry to hear about your little problem... I would be more than happy to send you a free bottle of DUCSMilk to try, but it don't think it's going to get out any hard water or "acid etched" wheel cleaner stains (which are common with car washes). What happens is they usually spray on wheel cleaner on to a hot rim and let it sit there. the combination of the wheel being hot and the time frame, the cleaner actually eats into the clear coat / paint of the wheel, staining it. This happens all the time! They dont take the time to cool off the wheel (sometimes all it takes is a quick burst of cool water) and in an effort to get the job done fast, spray their product on fast, and get to when they "get to it" which is sometimes too late. When you go and complain, they look at you with that "what look", because honestly I don't even think they know what they've done. Most have unexperienced people doing the job, which is why this happens in the first place.

Unfortunately, I hate to say this but, I don't think wheel wax is going to work either. If the damage is a hard water stain or what's known as acid ecth, you're pretty much out of luck. The only cure is to refinish the wheel / lip. I know you don't want to hear that, but that be the only solution. But, by all means try whatever's out there and give it a go. Heck, you never know...

Once again, I'm sorry to hear about your wheels. If you would like a free bottle of DUCSMilk, PM me your address and I'll ship one out to asap...
take it man and give it a shot. he s giving it to you free man. it could nt hurt. duc, i want a free bottle too whenever i get my rims lmao!!!!

Old 08-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
he just left we tried it it made it 65% better but still noticeable specially on the outer lip in the front rim.

The rear rims faired better with the ducsmilk but front rims are beyond help like john said.