G35 Cars Looking for a new or used G35? No dealers, no exceptions.

335 vs G35/37...NO COMPARISON

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Or maybe BMW should have had this sorted out BEFORE releasing the cars to the public. You really think Infiniti had that type of insider knowledge to bring certain car to the test? Or did they just grab the 1st one they could? Since this test was certainly done much earlier.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...5i_vs_G37S.pdf

Here you go. Road and Track now, straight from their site. Look at the price and performance difference. Over 1.5 seconds to 100 and only 3-4k price different, not 8-10k as some of you have stated.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Red Card Crew

From what I've priced on BMW/ Infiniti's site. You can get similar features for both and be around 5K diff. BUT if you load up both cars to the hilt, the difference can be closer to $13k diff.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Banned
G37 vs 335

Yes, Infiniti knew it and that is also a fact. They took the same car to EDMUNDS and pulled the same stunt. Hey, maybe all of us would have done the same thing, in a way, can't blame them. BUt they took their reputation into their own hand. If you look at the forums and know industry insiders as I do, it was so deliberate and really dishonest with the public.

When fighters get in the ring, the last thing they want is for their comeptition to be hurt, because it gives them an excuse to lose and their victory is tarnished. It sucks. Fighters hate it. Same for football. If the opposing teams #1 player is out from an injury, same thing.

So, if Infiniti were being totally honest, they should have brought the car, but also invitied BMW to bring one to level the playing field. They could have tested an auto and a manual. Don't you guys find it odd that the comparos were done with AUTO cars? It's by design and INfniti dictated that by bringing the car and MOTORTREND was stupid enough to let them bring the car. IMHO, MOTORTREND is the most at fault while BMW is laughing all the way to the bank (record coupe sales so far this year).

Old 08-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by joeygott
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...5i_vs_G37S.pdf

Here you go. Road and Track now, straight from their site. Look at the price and performance difference. Over 1.5 seconds to 100 and only 3-4k price different, not 8-10k as some of you have stated.
You sound like a 16 year old kid to me honestly.

Only 3-4k price difference because they didn't equip both cars equally.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Red Card Crew

BMW could have brought an Infiniti if they wanted to. Infiniti could have cared less.

Link me up to some proof that Infiniti got a non-oil cooler version on purpose.

But again, maybe BMW shouldn't have let faulty products out in the first place

Yes, Infiniti knew it and that is also a fact. They took the same car to EDMUNDS and pulled the same stunt. Hey, maybe all of us would have done the same thing, in a way, can't blame them. BUt they took their reputation into their own hand. If you look at the forums and know industry insiders as I do, it was so deliberate and really dishonest with the public.

When fighters get in the ring, the last thing they want is for their comeptition to be hurt, because it gives them an excuse to lose and their victory is tarnished. It sucks. Fighters hate it. Same for football. If the opposing teams #1 player is out from an injury, same thing.

So, if Infiniti were being totally honest, they should have brought the car, but also invitied BMW to bring one to level the playing field. They could have tested an auto and a manual. Don't you guys find it odd that the comparos were done with AUTO cars? It's by design and INfniti dictated that by bringing the car and MOTORTREND was stupid enough to let them bring the car. IMHO, MOTORTREND is the most at fault while BMW is laughing all the way to the bank (record coupe sales so far this year).

Old 08-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Also in regards as to why they'd compare 2 autos, its because the Auto versions sell more than the manual ones do.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned
G35 vs 335

I"m 17 yrs old V. LOL....
Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the auto's outselling manuals. I had no idea! Who is 16 yrs old here??? My point is that when you have 2 high performance sport coupes that just came out doing battle, 3 times out of 4, the magazine will compare the MANUAL coupes because these are performance cars being reviewed by a performance magazine. Ughh, let me guess, you are an auto driver. That would explain a lot.

You guys, I swear. Too much. funny really.

First of all, why would BMW bring a G37? The bimmer beats it 9 times out of 10. It just does. I"m giving Infiniti the 1 out of 10 for the comparison against the auto car without the intercooler. So BMW doesn't need to bring a car they beat hands down in any comparison (that is definitely a fact). REad ANY REVIEW in any magazine.

As far as them intentionally bringing that car, all you have to do is look at the EDMUNDS.com write up where Infiniti brought that same car to them and it did the same thing. Car hit the temp which takes it into LIMP mode. Do it once, shame on you, do it twice, shame on Infiniti.

You guys need to stop before you look any worse. Even on your own site, you are starting to look bad.

Last edited by joeygott; 08-17-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Again, its not an Intercooler. It is called an OIL COOLER, not INTERCOOLER. You really don't know what you are talking about.

I can tell you're 17. And btw, my 2003 G35 Coupe is a 6MT and my wife's Sedan is a 5AT. I would never own a 5AT as my only car.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
^ what a fan boy, you are the one comming into a infiniti forum and bashing them. What the hell did you think was going to happen? I do agree on the fact that the 335I is a better car - just my opinion though - to each there own.

I love the 335I and would take it over a g37 any day, but there is no reason to come to a infiniti website and bash the name...

-Sean

Old 08-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned
G37 vs 335

Nismo, if you are the same guy with the Nismo G for sale, you sent me pics and I spoke to you about your car. I love Infiniti, but I'm a realist and I"m just stating facts, not bashing Infiniti. I made that very clear in earlier posts.
If your car is that Nismo G (grey/black), your car was one of the cars I looked at and considered. Very nice car.
I just didn't like the 2tone paint and the underskirting. No biggie.
I'm sure somebody out there will love it, certainly unique and not distasteful like so many of the modded G's with horrible ghetto rims (amongst other things).
Your is done right, just not for me.
Careful about showing praise for the 335 and saying its the better car, you might get blackballed by the guys too blind to see the facts in front of them.
I suggest you change your online name right away.

And don't think I mind the criticism. I expected way more!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I think that you are thinking of a different car...picture ***** time.

I do not think my rims are ghetto...

-Sean

Old 08-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Nismo, if you are the same guy with the Nismo G for sale, you sent me pics and I spoke to you about your car. I love Infiniti, but I'm a realist and I"m just stating facts, not bashing Infiniti. I made that very clear in earlier posts.
If your car is that Nismo G (grey/black), your car was one of the cars I looked at and considered. Very nice car.
I just didn't like the 2tone paint and the underskirting. No biggie.
I'm sure somebody out there will love it, certainly unique and not distasteful like so many of the modded G's with horrible ghetto rims (amongst other things).
Your is done right, just not for me.
Careful about showing praise for the 335 and saying its the better car, you might get blackballed by the guys too blind to see the facts in front of them.
I suggest you change your online name right away.

And don't think I mind the criticism. I expected way more!!!
Nobody disagree's that the 335i is a "better car". Better is relative to what you want. Some things the 335i does better (performance) other things the G37 does better (interior, IMO, is much better in the G), and you can't just compare the two cars without price coming into the picture. The G37 is the better "bang for your buck".

I've been debating 335i vs G37 for a while, and now I am pretty sure I'm not going with either. M3 or GT-R will be my next car.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned
actually, your is nice too. Although not crazy about the bronze rims. The other one Im talking about is on the marketplace site and traderonline. It's silver, and the owner has around $14,000 in receipts for NISMO parts, almost entirely body parts (spoilers, front air dam, side skirts, blah blah). All those parts are black, car silver. Just didn't work for me. And guess what, he isn't asking any more than a OEM G, so for somebody who likes that body kit, it's a FANTASTIC deal.

I TOTALLLY AGREE with interior. BMW is very teutonic/neutral and bland. Feature wise, it's loaded on the inside, and computer (NOT I DRIVE) is awesome, and lighting is great (but not crazy about orange). But I"m with you, would prefer the G37 interior. But I would be less than honest if I didn't say that was the ONLY advantage with the G37, well, PRICE TOO!
I've said before and will say again, the G35/37 is a GREAT CAR and certainly the better bang for the buck.

Last edited by joeygott; 08-17-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned
Yes, Oil Cooler, Not Intercooler.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335 vs G35/37...NO COMPARISON