G35 Cars Looking for a new or used G35? No dealers, no exceptions.

335 vs G35/37...NO COMPARISON

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335 vs G35/37...NO COMPARISON

I ended up buying a 335 twin turbo. Many reasons.
Every used G I looked had problems- either lemon car, dealer buy back (2 used 2006's that blew engines due to oil burning), rattled like a 20yr old car, rode rough as heck, been wrecked, been switched from auto car to manual car like the turbo car for sale in CA, or is a silver car with tan interior, something totally crazy, owned by punks, modded in a cheesy (a la fast and furious), clutch was terrible, etc etc.. I couldn't find a CLEAN 05/06 black on black MT car (without baggage) to save my life (within 500 miles of Atlanta). And then I had one guy that wouldn't send me pics because he thought my email address looked suspicious and he thought I was going to steal his pictures and commit fraud. Seriously people, this is the mentality I have dealt with the last 3 months from MOST G owners. Would somebody please tell me what I would do with some G pics of which thousands are available to be copied off this site at any time?

Then I drove a BMW 335. It was night and day. Anyone that tells you different either hasn't driven a 335, or is so blindly loyal to the G that he would say the G is better than anyting out there. I love INFINITY and own one now, but there is NO COMPARISON and that is a fact.

The BMW runs circles around the G, is much smoother, more refined, handles better (verified by most magazines), has MUCH better seats, MUCH better lighting, MUCH better gas mileage, free maint to 50k miles, MUCH better back seat (ac, map lights, much more leg and head room), and feels so much more solid and composed when running it, and the clutch is like butter. And look at the forced induction G's and what they are selling for. Most have been run ragged and won't have the logevity and certainly the warranty that a 335 does and the 335 STOCK will outperform most FI G cars.
There are a few different chips avail for the 335 that EASILY put the car in the high 12's for qtr mile and guess what, still have same fuel economy for everyday driving and still have the full warranty.

So, I have given my INfiniti to my daughter who turns 16 this week, and I graduated to a much better car in the 335. And please don't embarrass yourself by mentioning that I should have waited for a G37. I happened to be one of the few that got to see one in person and it didn't do it for me. And if you look at all the new magazines, they try and sugar coat it, but performance hasn't gotten any better. Car got uglier, heavier, worse back seat, and they tweaked power just enough to cover the new heft. Except for the BOGUS Motor Trend article where they allowed INFINITI to bring an early auto car that didn't have the intercooler and therefore would go into limp mode due to getting hot, every other article in every other magazine still says the 335 is the better car. If you see through the political correctness, you will see that most say it's a MUCH better car. The MT 335's don't have the heating problem and the very early model auto's that went out without intercoolers have been retrofitted with them by BMW, all except the one car that Infiniti drags along everywhere to make their G37 look better than it is.
Infiniti and Motortrend lost me as a customer (and many others according to feedback on forums) when they pulled that crap.

I had one G customer mention BMW reliablility. Well, in their V8's, it's not that good, in their 3 series, it's VERY good. The G driver was stupid enough to quote JD powers and I had to go to it and paste the JD Powers page showing the BMW 3 as being more reliable, safer, and better resale. Most other organizations show them about even when it comes to reliablility, with BMW reliablility rising for the last 3-4 yrs and Nissan/Infiniti dropping considerably.

I've already spanked a few G35's and can't wait to do the same to the G37's.

Last edited by joeygott; 08-17-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I drove a 335i & I own the G35 Sedan & G35 Coupe, and honestly, the 335i wasn't worth the extra $$. You're obviously a BMW fanboy, at least you make yourself out to be. All your statements are way overexaggerated. I would love to see a STOCK 335 outperform a TT G (according to you, a stock 335 will outperform MOST FI G's... right...)

Either way, I'm not a fanboy, I'm very seriously considering the new M3, but you definitely sound like one to me.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 AM
335 is def faster and better handling

now the reliability issue is another story

but the maintenance program with BMW you cant beat

FYI .. I work on BMWs for a living .. love my g35 coupe .. for the past 3 weeks ive done two 335i high pressure fuel pumps and I currently have one on my rack waiting to be finished up tomorrow

Old 08-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, but the interiors are so bland, doesn't cut it for me

Old 08-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by joeygott
I ended up buying a 335 twin turbo. Many reasons.
Every used G I looked had problems- either lemon car, dealer buy back (2 used 2006's that blew engines due to oil burning), rattled like a 20yr old car, rode rough as heck, been wrecked, been switched from auto car to manual car like the turbo car for sale in CA, or is a silver car with tan interior, something totally crazy, owned by punks, modded in a cheesy (a la fast and furious), clutch was terrible, etc etc.. I couldn't find a CLEAN 05/06 black on black MT car (without baggage) to save my life (within 500 miles of Atlanta). And then I had totally idiots like METHOD RR that wouldn't send me pics because he thought my email address looked suspicious and he thought I was going to steal his pictures and commit fraud. Seriously people, this is the mentality I have dealt with the last 3 months from MOST G owners. Would somebody please tell me what I would do with some G pics of which thousands are available to be copied off this site at any time?

Then I drove a BMW 335. It was night and day. Anyone that tells you different either hasn't driven a 335, or is so blindly loyal to the G that he would say the G is better than anyting out there. I love INFINITY and own one now, but there is NO COMPARISON and that is a fact.

The BMW runs circles around the G, is much smoother, more refined, handles better (verified by most magazines), has MUCH better seats, MUCH better lighting, MUCH better gas mileage, free maint to 50k miles, MUCH better back seat (ac, map lights, much more leg and head room), and feels so much more solid and composed when running it, and the clutch is like butter. And look at the forced induction G's and what they are selling for. Most have been run ragged and won't have the logevity and certainly the warranty that a 335 does and the 335 STOCK will outperform most FI G cars.
There are a few different chips avail for the 335 that EASILY put the car in the high 12's for qtr mile and guess what, still have same fuel economy for everyday driving and still have the full warranty.

So, I have given my INfiniti to my daughter who turns 16 this week, and I graduated to a much better car in the 335. And please don't embarrass yourself by mentioning that I should have waited for a G37. I happened to be one of the few that got to see one in person and it didn't do it for me. And if you look at all the new magazines, they try and sugar coat it, but performance hasn't gotten any better. Car got uglier, heavier, worse back seat, and they tweaked power just enough to cover the new heft. Except for the BOGUS Motor Trend article where they allowed INFINITI to bring an early auto car that didn't have the intercooler and therefore would go into limp mode due to getting hot, every other article in every other magazine still says the 335 is the better car. If you see through the political correctness, you will see that most say it's a MUCH better car. The MT 335's don't have the heating problem and the very early model auto's that went out without intercoolers have been retrofitted with them by BMW, all except the one car that Infiniti drags along everywhere to make their G37 look better than it is.
Infiniti and Motortrend lost me as a customer (and many others according to feedback on forums) when they pulled that crap.

I had one G customer mention BMW reliablility. Well, in their V8's, it's not that good, in their 3 series, it's VERY good. The G driver was stupid enough to quote JD powers and I had to go to it and paste the JD Powers page showing the BMW 3 as being more reliable, safer, and better resale. Most other organizations show them about even when it comes to reliablility, with BMW reliablility rising for the last 3-4 yrs and Nissan/Infiniti dropping considerably.

I've already spanked a few G35's and can't wait to do the same to the G37's.

While the 335i will out perform a stock G35. If you think it will out perform most FI G's you are crazy. Look at 98intrigue's G, mid 12's with a simple turbonetics kit. You yourself say a chip brings it to high 12's, so with a chip it still isn't as fast an average FI'd G. Plus this thread is in the wrong section.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:06 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Oh look another one of the exact same thread...

How many do you need?

Old 08-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Old 08-17-2007, 03:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
:lol SPAM!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Banned
I've never owned a BMW (or wanted to own one) and wasnt even considering one until I got so frustrated at trying to find a decent G. So many had problems and really didn't drive that nice. I even called Infiniti customer service about one of the cars I was close to buying and they wouldn't admit anything about the oil burning issue or the front end prematurely wearing out tires. I was shocked, just terrible service and attitude from the consumer affairs dept.
So I took the advice of some friends and every car magazine on the planet and went and drove the new 335. If you have blood in your veins, you can't help but fall in love with it.
Am I a BMW fanboy now, you bet and I'm proud to admit it. Who wouldn't be?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by dec55
:lol SPAM!

+1

Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Buy a brand new G than. Why go through the trouble of finding a used one when you obviously had enough cash to buy a 335i.

And if the G is so terrible as you say, why give it to your daughter than?

Something's not right in this thread...

Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Banned
When did I say the G is so terrible?. I love Infiniti, and still do. I'm just stating the facts. To answer your question, I didnt want to buy new because in the state of GA, you don't pay tax if you buy a used car from a private individual, plus if you buy it this way, you get past some of that upfront depreciation. I have the money, but that doesn't mean I'm not watching out for it.

With regards to performance of the 335 vs FI G35, let me clarify. The chip availalble kicks up the boost, but it's still low boost and the car runs high 12's with no mods to exhaust, intake, nada. You can kick up the boost much more and get much faster than that but you will have to do intake/exhaust and tweak a few other things. Will still beat a FI G35 and yet still have warranty, and the longevity of a factory powertrain that you won't get with a aftermarket modded G, not to mention the additional cost of doing all that mod work on the G where it comes standard on the 335. And UNLIKE the G35, you willl get the money back on the 335 because it's FACTORY turbo's, not aftermarket stuff where you are lucky to get back 25cents on the dollar.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Actually, if you have the chip & all those other mods, kiss your warranty goodbye on the 335i. Also, unless you plan on upgrading the tiny turbo's on the 335i, you'll max the power at 350ish whp. I haven't seen any 335i's get past that with mods.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Banned
I can show you TONS of actualy DYNO results and time slips that show over 350-400hp, and 400lb + torque and all it was is a chip or ECU flash. And these are peoples everyday cars with standard 18" tires running these times. It's all over the BMW forums. I'll be nice and just say you are off on the HP figures.
The 335 supposedly makes 300hp, but everyone knows that is off about 25hp, why do you think it smokes the G37 with more hp from 0-100MPH. The car has 320-325hp stock. There are plenty of chips that are adding up to 100HP depending on how high you want to go. If you are talking 350 rwhp, you are correct in that most chips put you in that ball park and close to 400lbs of torque, but that is plug and play with no other mods.
You can go higher, but would have to mod intake/exhaust, ecu programming, etc.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
You can't kick those turbos up to any great degree. They are small and fast spooling. Great for low end and mid range power. Not so good for ultimate hp. If you turn them up, you will heat them up and fry them down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335 vs G35/37...NO COMPARISON