G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

To buy or not to buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: To buy or not to buy

s2kowner,

I will probably get my a_s chewed out by others here for saying this, but I think you will be "happier" with a minivan or SUV, especially if you are planning on having more than one children in the future. If you must get the G, I would get the sedan if I were expecting children. The coupe is definitely stylish, but it will be a contortion act getting back there. And since the front seats do not have a memory feature, you will have to find that sweet spot over and over again when you reach back there.

Plus, babies will grow into children and so forth.....a coupe might become really "small" in the upcoming years.

Either way, tough choice. Best of luck.

Mike

03" G35 Coupe
6MT, Desert Platinum, 19" SSR GT wheels<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by MyG35Coupe on 10/03/03 10:27 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM

I have two kids, 6 and 3, and take them to school every morning. Carseats in the coupe are not a problem whatsoever, primarily since my kids can get in an out themselves. For babies however, I highly reccomend the type of carseat where the base is separate from the seat itself. The base is installed in the car, and you put your baby in the seat portion in the comfort of your own home. You then simply carry the kid+seat and click it into the base. You can also get a stroller that works the same way (with the same seat). This eliminates 90% of the hassle of bending and stooping in to fasten the belts and chest restraint of an ordinary car seat.

As far as performance between the coupe and sedan, the statistics show it's a wash. Looks however, are another story. The coupe turns heads, looks like no other car on the road, and cannot be mistaken for anything else. To fit the needs of the common sedan (4-person comfort , cargo space, + decent MPG), the manufacturers have finally realized that everyone's wind tunnel says the same thing, resulting in the sea of relative look-alikes, including the G sedan. The It's still a great car, it just doesn't stand out.

03.5 Coupe - Black/Willow, 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, Sat

Old 10-03-2003, 05:51 PM

Here's another tidbit: I was jsut out jogging at lunch today in my business park, and I swear I saw at least one G35 sedan in every company's parking lot. The only coupe I saw was mine when I got back.

If you want a good car and don't care that there are thousands of them out there - then get the sedan. If you want looks and a little more exclusivity - get the coupe.

G35 6MT/DG/Fully Loaded
[i]HyperGround Kit
350Z intake duct
K&N drop-in
Aluminum pedals
50%-35% smoke tint

Old 10-03-2003, 06:06 PM

Hey my cousin has an S2000... that thing is nice...but very unpractible in my opinion....but his car feels faster when he guns it! I was wondering is this cuz the G is more luxurious and dampens the feel of speed...or Does the S just pull harder cuz it is lighter?? Another question is...who is faster in the straight away....the S or the G...in top speed and 1/4 mile???? anyone?? thanks

113258-flynavy.gif

Old 10-04-2003, 08:07 AM

According to Car and Driver the S2k is 0-60 in 5.4 and the G35 is 0-60 in 5.5. Don't know the G35 1/4 mile time but the s2k is 14.1 at 99 mph ( again per car and driver ).

The s2k is definitely a fun ride for not a lot of green. Pretty quick off the line but it really shines in the curvey stuff will pull .92g in the corners. Imagine an adult version of a go-cart and that is the s2k. Not much for comfort and amenities and VERY loud inside more of a pure drivers car. About the most impractical car I can imagine but I love it. Generally don't like to drag frankly because I think it is irresponsible. I do however have a few streatches of country road I like to tear up early in the morning on weekends ( no cops no cars and if I screw up my car and I are the only ones that gets hurt ). I also like the exclusivity created by the limited distribution in the states. I see three times as many Boxters as I do s2k's. What a rippoff that car is. The s2k beats it across the board for 10-18 grand less, but it is a Porsche which means something to some people I guess. Reminds me of the old 944 talk about cheapening the brand. I do have one nice thing to say about the Boxter however. A buddy of mine was rear ended by a van going over 50 while his Boxter was at rest. The rear end of the Boxter was demolished but from the drivers compartment you couldn't tell the thing had been in a wreck. He was fine, the doors still opened and closed smoothly, and the windows still worked. Drove it up onto the flat bed! Built like a brick S#&* house I'll give em that. Funny quote from the officer who investigated the crash. "He ( driver of the van ) never even touched his brakes. I'm going to give him a ticket for DWHUA, Driving with head up ***".