G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help! Who's had their BCM replaced?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help! Who's had their BCM replaced?

I took my 03 Coupe with 40k miles to the dealer for an alignment (I put on the 350Z revised springs and LOVE them!!! perfect drop for me). Also, the passenger window had been acting funny, it wasn't doing that little 'roll down and up when you open the door' thing, so I was going to have them look at that too. They replaced the window motor but it was still not behaving correctly. They decided to replace the door switch but that had to be ordered, so I went down and picked up my car. Several days later the part arrived and I made an appointment. Two days before my appointment the drivers window starts doing the same thing as the passenger window. Because of my schedule I used the night drop and wrote down on the ticket that my drivers window was in need of attention. As I was driving away from the dealership I noticed that my lights were still on. It was dark. I didn't think too much about it because they are on that stupid delay thing. (I really should get that disabled. Can't understand why Infiniti thinks I need car lights when I have shut and locked my car.) I decided that they would turn off just like they always do. Well, I get a call from the tech in the morning "Your remote won't open your car". What??? He is in a bit of a bind because I have installed the passenger eschuceon on the drivers door. He doesn't have a keyhole to open the car. I tell him to "Be very careful and pry it off from the bottom". He calls me later and tells me that the battery was dead because my Body Control Module, BCM, is acting up. He has to order a new one. He is having it overnighted. I will have my car back today. Thats my story. So.... has anyone else had a similiar experience???? Was there a design flaw in my BCM? Have they fixed the part so I don't have to put one on every 40k miles?

Old 08-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I know that on my '03.5 coupe has the same issue on my drivers side. The passengers side works fine. The first time I took it in they replaced the motor on it. Almost as soon as I drove away with it I was having the issue again. I took it back and when the service rep and I looked at it, it was working. Then I noticed that they had left the keys in the ignition on the on position. We took the keys out and again it was not working. They said they would fix it. I was heading out of town and picked up the car the that weekend overnight. However it still does not work. It is really annoying when I get in and have to fully close the windows. If you all have the fix please let me know cause my dealer sure does not know. They have put in two power windows motors and that has done NOTHING!

Old 08-08-2006, 01:04 PM
ttt

Old 08-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by mrwhtfks
Well I know that on my '03.5 coupe has the same issue on my drivers side. The passengers side works fine. The first time I took it in they replaced the motor on it. Almost as soon as I drove away with it I was having the issue again. I took it back and when the service rep and I looked at it, it was working. Then I noticed that they had left the keys in the ignition on the on position. We took the keys out and again it was not working. They said they would fix it. I was heading out of town and picked up the car the that weekend overnight. However it still does not work. It is really annoying when I get in and have to fully close the windows. If you all have the fix please let me know cause my dealer sure does not know. They have put in two power windows motors and that has done NOTHING!
I had the same issue. The fix was that there is a switch in the door jam that was stuck closed so my window (passenger) would not auto retract when you opened and shut it. They replaced the switch and all is right with the world again. If you need to know the part # I can get it for you from my service records.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yeah, about two weeks ago, i did a trunk swap with one of the members on this forum, and right before he left, his passanger window didnt work... shortly, i found out it was a sticking door switch.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:46 PM
i had my passenger window motor replaced about a year ago. Im going in this thursday to replace my driver side motor now! Suckers just don't work right!

Old 08-08-2006, 02:10 PM
So am I looking at two different problems? My BCM and the window problems? I guess I was assuming that the BCM, being the Body Control Module, had something to do with my windows.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:57 PM
bcm controls windows, lights, tpms, security, locks, seats, and a few more things...

so far as i know, there is no common problem of bcms going bad (knock on wood)

Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Isnt the window supposed to roll down like a 1/4 inch and back up when you open and shut the door? There is even a button you can touch when the door is open and when you press it the window will roll down 1/4 inch and then you let go and it goes back up..?

Old 08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Captain Baller
Isnt the window supposed to roll down like a 1/4 inch and back up when you open and shut the door? There is even a button you can touch when the door is open and when you press it the window will roll down 1/4 inch and then you let go and it goes back up..?
Yea, they replaced that switch on the passenger door.

Originally Posted by tekknikal
so far as i know, there is no common problem of bcms going bad (knock on wood)
That is good news!!! They cost $$$$

I did pick up my car last night and everything seems to be working fine. Yea!!
However, they were supposed to an alignment too and either they didn't do it OR they didn't do a good job. Taking the car back tomorrow to get it 're-aligned'. argh.....