G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hyundai has a "G35-killer" coming?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Socal_G_sedan
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the origin of spelling "COREA" instead of the english spelling "KOREA" come from the fact that a lot of "KOREANS" dispise the Japanese (mainly for what they did to their families in WWII), that they dont want to spell it with a "K" that comes after the "J" spelling JAPAN. Therefore they spell it with a "C" which comes before the the "K" in the alphabet. Does that mean that since I am "T"aiwanese, that I just lost the asian ethnicity race to be first? LOL
you're half correct...

the spelling was changed from "C" to "K" by the Japanese not the Coreans...

after Japan invaded corea, they didn't want "Corea" coming before "Japan" in the English language and so the japanese decided to change the spelling of "Corea" to "Korea"

the Mexicans have it down correct...they spell it "corea"
viva mexico!!!

Old 10-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by suicidal2af
Up until 98 or 99, they used mitsubishi drivetrains. Now they use their own.

'Nuff said there.
I hope this comment wasnt supposed to be a + for hyundai becuz automatic Mitsubishi's are well knownfor transmission problems!!! & 4 cyl Mitsubishi's are well know for head gasket problems so i agree nuff said!!!
another point dodge owns & manufactures mitsubishi since around 93 i think & we all know how dodge makes "great" quality automobiles

Originally Posted by ughhness
I've been in a hyundai with 160k miles and it was stock engine. He just did good maintenance and it drove like a champ. Also, many taxies in korea has over 100k running strong.
was it on original drivetrain & never been rebuilt?
& I bet $10000000 the hyundai's in Korea are better built & not the same crap they ship over here to the U.S.!!

Old 10-15-2006, 08:24 PM
c b4 k? wtf kinda bullshlt is that? who cares?

and who cares if a hyndai can make a g35 killer. competitions makes prices more fair for consumers...

too bad i can't say the same for the domestic market. they are gonna fall off the market real soon if they don't come up with anything that attracts the guys in the mid 20's. (g35, sti, evo, 330, m3, etc).... the baby mamas in the early 19's, (civics, solara, accord, camry, scions,,,)... etc... and the old rich farts... (NSX, m5, bmw 700 series, mercedes etc..)..

i dont see the domestic market reaching anyone non white.

Old 10-15-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by maxpower
"""question of the day ....who's ever seen a Hyundai with 200k miles on it better yet 150k on it""""

who has seen a G35 with 200k or even 150k on it??
the point I was trying to make with that statement was "in the U.S."
hyundai's engines & trannies wont last to 200k without being rebuilt at least once or 5X (now there may be a few exceptions) very very very very very few
I have driven an 92 Infiniti Q45 with 425k miles that is the highest mileage i have ever seen on any car ever. I have seen & owned many cars with 200k+ on original drivetrain (not rebiult) all were Japanese cars 1 was a BMW

the G35 has only been around for 3 yrs it would be super hard to find one with 200k already
...u quoted me & i really dont understand what ur trying to say or where u just asking a question?
if so I have seen a 03 G35 4/s in the paper it had 127K on it which not to far from 150k & here is an ad for one with 100k already G35 lot of miles

Old 10-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Runner
Haters...

If A is to B as B is to C.... Scoupe to Tiburon, Tiburon to ????

You gotta admit, it's got some classic curves and some nice lines. At least it's not one of these boxy retro copouts like some of the 'other' guys are building these days.

This is just the concept of course, so the exterior lighting will be more convential. Maybe a little less rake in the windshield... I can also see the grill moving up or down with a more pronounced 'bumper'. That's a cool backlight, an optional (or aftermarket) tinted glass roof would be cool.

Well good for HYUNDAI to trying to advance in there car designs but still it is a HYUNDAI...Cant be compared to a INFINTI G35.

I dont really like the back end tho.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Hyundai should team up with Samsung. Hyundai is getting better in terms of styling and performance, and with some help of Samsung's electronics, and their stylish styling (mainly for the interiors), it could be an awesome car.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:46 PM
i like that concept, looks good

Old 10-16-2006, 04:21 PM
EZZ
Originally Posted by inspector_yoo
Hyundai should team up with Samsung. Hyundai is getting better in terms of styling and performance, and with some help of Samsung's electronics, and their stylish styling (mainly for the interiors), it could be an awesome car.
They have rebadged Nissans (specifically Maximas) that are sold as Samsungs there. I was quite surprised to find myself in a Maxima looking interior when I stepped into my first korean taxi.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hyundai will never make a V6 that comes close to the new VQ that will be in the '08 Coupe, let alone coming close to the existing VQ35DE.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:01 PM
As many "older" people have pointed out. Hyundai is starting to flex it's muscles after playing second fiddle to Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. They have taken the blueprint laid out by the Japanese to tackle the US market except they don't have to work through the mistakes of their Japanese predecessors. Hyundai has been in the US market for about 20 years, with the last 8-10 (2 model changes) seeing phenomenal growth.

With a new 1.x billion dollar facility, making their US plant the most technologically advanced in the country, I don't doubt their ability to output high quality cars for the US market. They have adopted some of the same business concepts pioneered by Toyota in their assembly lines and within their management structure. They are also the only foreign car maker offering a 10 year/100k mile warranty on their entire line of autos and not one manufacturer has been able to come close. GM's 100k warranty busts out after 5 years (someone confirm) which seems more of a marketing gimmick than a corporate effort to stand behind their products.

Hyundai has been skirting the high performance market for some time with their previous HCD concepts. Unfortunately, the corporate distillation from their former sporty concepts have funneled into the Tiburon. IMO a waste of an FR platform devoid of style and charm. I think Hyundai is looking to "upmarket" their line as build quality, power, aesthetics, and corporate maturity has poised them to ascend into Toyota, Honda, and Nissan territory.

Another thing, don't be fooled by the Hyundais that most youngsters remember from the 80s and early 90s. In Korea, Hyundai has a luxury line and a flagship sedan filled with amenities that would make a Lexus LS blush and Maybach fidget in their seats. It was also pointed out by others that Hyundai is a conglomerate much like Mitsubishi. Hyundai has many subsidiaries ranging from construction, food, financial, computer systems, ship transport, semiconductors, etc. My father used to work for them during the 70s within their construction subsidiary as a purchasing director. So what did they do then? Pretty much undercut the competition and built HUGE amounts of infrastructure in the Middle East. Airports, highways, plants, etc... The founder of Hyundai is an iconic figure in Korea as someone already mentioned that he started from very humble beginnings during the aftermath of the Korean War. There was a miniseries about his life building Hyundai a few years back. Saw parts of it and as usual, it was a bit inflated, but hit the mark on the main theme. "Hard work, ingenuity, and tenacity begets success."

Old 10-16-2006, 06:26 PM
gtr proto test driver
that design is cool, dont matter if its a hyundai

Old 10-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by gspotter
Hyundai will never make a V6 that comes close to the new VQ that will be in the '08 Coupe, let alone coming close to the existing VQ35DE.
and why is that? becase "you said so"?

Old 10-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by gspotter
It's these kind of visionaries that said that man will never walk on the moon, that Magellan will sail off the edge of the world, and that Japanese cars will never be high quality or sell well in the US.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raff
and why is that? becase "you said so"?
Show me a Hyundai engine superior to the new VQ35HR.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyundai has a "G35-killer" coming?!