G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hyundai has a "G35-killer" coming?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vt_maverick
It's these kind of visionaries that said that man will never walk on the moon, that Magellan will sail off the edge of the world, and that Japanese cars will never be high quality or sell well in the US.

Be careful out there, I design freeways you drive your Hyundai on.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gspotter
Hyundai will never make a V6 that comes close to the new VQ that will be in the '08 Coupe, let alone coming close to the existing VQ35DE.
Originally Posted by gspotter
Show me a Hyundai engine superior to the new VQ35HR.
That first statement is a prediction, which I think is the point of the opposing posts. There's absolutely no reason to believe that Hyundai will never be capable of producing an engine better than or equal to the quality of the VQ. The second statement is present tense, and you're right, at this moment Hyundai's engine is not superior to the VQ. So no, I can't show you a Hyundai engine presently in production that rivals the VQ.

Not trying to be nit-picky, just trying to point out that you were implying two different ideas by the language you used, whether that was your intention or not. And if you design highways that I need to be careful on, I think we all should be wary of you.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Wow....I just wasted about 20 minutes of my life reading this stupid thread. I guess that makes me stupid too.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by techi13
you're half correct...

the spelling was changed from "C" to "K" by the Japanese not the Coreans...

after Japan invaded corea, they didn't want "Corea" coming before "Japan" in the English language and so the japanese decided to change the spelling of "Corea" to "Korea"
the Mexicans have it down correct...they spell it "corea"
viva mexico!!!
Hahaha too funny but its true im from brasil what you guys know as brazil and we spell it with a C

Old 10-18-2006, 03:44 PM
First of all, keep in mind that although hyundai claims it to be a "g35 killer" it will not be in the same class, unless hyundai decides to all of a sudden drastically increase it's price to a base of around $34K which is unlikely. Hyundai is still an asian automaker so they got potential and have been doing good stuff lately, keep in mind, they have some cars in Korea that us in the states haven't even "heard of" or "seen" so don't be so quick to dismiss.

Anyone can make a car that can "kill" another car, but it takes more than higher hp and a faster 0-60 time to beat the competition....other factors also contribute in the market...ex: comfort, luxury, handling, etc.

So you G35c fanatics...have no fear we are safe from hyundai, but the new 3-series BMW, now there is something we have to worry about, esp with that damn twin-turbo. Although, from the stats, for a twin-turbo that 3-series' 0-60 time is not that great.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:36 PM
WRAH
I vote for bio-fueled dog run cars!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 01:44 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Hyundai.

Come on now.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:51 AM
cmon now, hyndai isn't all that bad. their engines dont have oil consumption issues such as our VQ gas guzzlin, ticking sounding, overpriced and overated engines.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cnaman
cmon now, hyndai isn't all that bad. their engines dont have oil consumption issues such as our VQ gas guzzlin, ticking sounding, overpriced and overated engines.
If that's the way you feel then buy one. You can even start your own Hyundai forum since I doubt that any exist.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cnaman
My VQ doesnt consume oil. My VQ ticks, but thats after I shut my car off, and the cats make an attempt to cool off. My VQ makes pretty good power, very strong for a V6. Damn, I guess I just simply paid too much for this car.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by FAST1
If that's the way you feel then buy one. You can even start your own Hyundai forum since I doubt that any exist.
plenty of Hyundai forums exist.

Originally Posted by dp_PRIME
First of all, keep in mind that although hyundai claims it to be a "g35 killer" it will not be in the same class, unless hyundai decides to all of a sudden drastically increase it's price to a base of around $34K which is unlikely.
I believe that you are somewhat incorrect in stating that hyundai's can't be in the same class unless they decide to increase price. there are plenty of cars that are compared to each other because they are in "the same class" but cost much less than its' competitors. take the s2000 for example, you can pick one up for about 30k right now and the cars in the "same class" include the porsche boxter, audi TT, bmw Z4, and the SLK350 each of which cost AT LEAST 10grand more but still considered to be in the same class.

Originally Posted by nchima
I'll believe it when I see it.

Hyundai.

Come on now.
I bet 15 years ago if you said, "datsun is gonna come out with a luxury line to compete with some BMW's, and Benz's" you woulda got laughed at. now we're the ones laughing at them with our G35's and our 350z's. don't underestimate the underdog... EVER.

Last edited by raff; 10-27-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I love my G OB 05 6mt also had a 04 DG 6mt and probably getting the 08 but I gotta admit there are alot of FLAWS in our car. Slow, heavy *** hell, poorly designed drive train and the VQ. For a luxury/sport car I would say its subpar. I love the design which probably was the main reason I bought the car. I work with cars and trust me, I could tell and know what to expect from a car by just driving it and I drove plenty. If Hyundai comes out with a car that could probably compete with the G , I'll welcome the competition. It'll force every other manufactures to come out with something better.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Just look at history guys.

Every car company got to start somewhere. Hyundai is a hyundai now. But they're still very new in the automobile industry.

Personally, I'm impress with how far they've come and how quick they got there.

Just give it a few more years. For below 15000 I'd rather buy hyundai than any american cars. You get a whole more car for the price too.

The Tiburon is probably they're best car and it will keep on improving. I don't see why someday it won't compete at the same level and quality as honda, nissan, toyota and mazda.

Hyundai is a company with potential. Anything can happen in the future. But looking at history, you can see where its going.