G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hyundai has a "G35-killer" coming?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
What in the f*cking world is that thing? It looks like a Porsche Cayenne got beat with an ugly stick by a Mazda CX-7 and then somehow formed into a Saab.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
^^ not too bad looking. I believe Hyndai finally smarted up and hired european designers?

Old 10-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Whats Next? KIA???

They are only dreaming...

Old 10-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Um Hyundai is where the Japanese makers were in the past. Most of you are too young to remember the way Japanese cars were in the 70s/80s. Decent but horrible looking!

Before you bash, remember where your own car's roots are from

Old 10-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm actually impressed with the evolution of their designs. Like it was said before, this almost looks like a cayman, but I would in no way consider this a coupe, just like I wouldn't the cayman either.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Um Hyundai is where the Japanese makers were in the past. Most of you are too young to remember the way Japanese cars were in the 70s/80s. Decent but horrible looking!

Before you bash, remember where your own car's roots are from
We are in the present... not the past.

Looking to the past doesnt allow for future progress.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Found more info on the MotorTrend site 2008-2009 Hyundai Coupe information

Appears the Tiburon is coming to an end and being replaced by a rwd coupe which is their alleged "G35-killer". But the only pics are of the '08 Tiburon facelift so far

Old 10-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Stop being so closed minded and ignorant about these things. What many of you are saying is exactly what they used to say about Honda's, Toyota's and Datsun's of the past. Give credit where it's due. Hyundai's has been making strides in the automotive field that many, especially US makes, would kill for. I'd like to see what they can do for the segment. Especially since that "G35 killer" will probably be 60 to 75% of the list price that the G will be.

From what I remember, everyone loves the G, because of what? Oh yea, it's such a bang for the buck compared to a what? Oh yeah, Bimmers. Come on just because Hyundai's are cheaper in most respect to the G doesn't mean that the company isn't advancing. Come to think of it, this thread sounds a lot like the Bimmer forums do. Go figure.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
I give Hyundai massive credit. I owned an Excel 16 yrs ago.. it was my first car.. what a freaking piece of crap it was.. so then a friend of mine gets a Sonata one year ago, October 05 and pulls up in it.. the car was beautiful.. they really pulled it together with the new Sonatas.. so I dont doubt them anymore...

Chris

Old 10-03-2006, 08:12 PM
^^ Good point. Although I've never owned a Hyundai I know that they've made some incredible strides in the automotive field. I mean they done what the Japanese took in almost half the time. That's saying a lot.

Has anyone been following the news? Hyundai was about to buy Jaguar but passed it up since the company is struggling so much. Think of it, Hyundai buying Jaguar. How surprising is that? Strides? I'd more call it leaps and bounds.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers
^^ Good point. Although I've never owned a Hyundai I know that they've made some incredible strides in the automotive field. I mean they done what the Japanese took in almost half the time. That's saying a lot.

Has anyone been following the news? Hyundai was about to buy Jaguar but passed it up since the company is struggling so much. Think of it, Hyundai buying Jaguar. How surprising is that? Strides? I'd more call it leaps and bounds.

if they do come out with a decent looking coupe, with more hp, at a lower price, it will indeed be a G-35 killer

Old 10-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers
Ya know... that's mentioned in this very issue of MotorTrend as well. They were going to buy Jaguar/Land Rover but in the end...decided it wasn't a good business move for them. A Korean car company having the means [but deciding not] to buy such marque brands as Jaguar/Land Rover.... yeah, I'd say that's improvements by leaps AND bounds.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:02 PM
That attached picture of the red hyundai looks repulsive...it looks almost as bad as the '84 Olds Cutlas Supremes and Delta 88's I see with similar over-grown rims driving around in the southern states.

Has anyone ever seen any of the hyundai models in their native S. Korea? They are really pretty nice. I've seen some pictures of the XG350 in Korea, and they're almost like Maybach's (with nice wood trim, reclining rear seats with massage/heat, rear-seat tray-tables, etc), plus a lot of their models in Korea seem to have color navi screens and HIDs. Not bad. But the models here are stripped down to hell, just like a lot of the Japanese imports...in Japan they're souped up and nice, offering several more options than they do here.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Winter Boost Project '06
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
its still a hyundai. even tokyo drift makes fun of hyundais
Ha ha. So true. Not taking anything away from hyundai but with the G35 being a benchmark I think that the bar is too high for them. IMO.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I've decided to just wait and see. Hyundai has received excellent reviews. IMO the G35 won't be too hard too beat. I love my car, don't get me wrong, but as long as they can make it look good then it is do-able. The most difficult thing will be overcoming the stigma of it being a Hyundai.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyundai has a "G35-killer" coming?!