G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hyundai has a "G35-killer" coming?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 02:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As much as Hyundai REALLY has come along (I hate to sound like a Bimmer snob) it's still a Hyundai. I dont know if I could even drag myself into a hyundai dealer even though their cars have gotten quite good.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:03 AM
Give credit where it is due. Whoever makes good cars are good for us car lovers because the rest of the industry have to step up and improve. It's as simple as that.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:47 AM
I dont think the Hyundai will be on the 2008 G35 coupe level....they have made a lot of progress and the interior on the new santa fe looks great...but performance wise I dont think they will be able to match the performance of the new G..nor quality wise.. Theyre more in the Honda Accord V6 coupe catagory, or Mazda RX8

Old 10-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by tekknikal
^ exactly. the G is the new benchmark.
I would think the bmw 335 is the benchmark and the NEW G35 is the #1 contender. The old 330ci was the mark the old g35 shoot for and did quite well at, by offering more power(but not much more speed) sexy styling (but not quite as classic) for a cheaper price. The G35 found the person who wanted a car with BMW sprit with some value. If another off brand car comes out that offers all the same but a little better and a little cheaper it will sell very well. Least not we forget the public's perception of infinity in the late 90's early 00's before the new Q45 or G35 came out. They almost went out of businesses. The G competes with the 3 series, everyone talks price but if the G cost what a 335 cost they would never sell 1. that's how you can tell pecking order for bench marks, not by how much something costs but by what people are willing to pay. And for all the replies that that flame me think about it. there is a reason BMW's are BMW's and it's not just there name. I know I wanted an M3 but I had G35 money, I think you can tell which car I got.

Last edited by pfc_coyle; 10-04-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pfc_coyle
I would think the bmw 335 is the benchmark
Yeah for its price range...Before the 3-series was the benchmark, and the bench was marked....by the G35. I know the next g35 wont be as fast as the 335i, but guess what, it will be 5-8K cheaper fully loaded versus a 335i fully loaded. Also, the next G35 will be the BEST goddamn looking car on the road compared to ANYTHING in its price range.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:46 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 still a hyundai

Old 10-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I would think the bmw 335 is the benchmark and the NEW G35 is the #1 contender. The old 330ci was the mark the old g35 shoot for and did quite well at, by offering more power(but not much more speed) sexy styling (but not quite as classic) for a cheaper price. The G35 found the person who wanted a car with BMW sprit with some value. If another off brand car comes out that offers all the same but a little better and a little cheaper it will sell very well. Least not we forget the public's perception of infinity in the late 90's early 00's before the new Q45 or G35 came out. They all most went out of businesses
the 335i is no longer in the segment. the cost of that car is realistically $40-50k. G35s will cost in the 30s. Having driven both the V35 G/c and E46 330/ci, I'd say the spirits to both are different. Furthermore, BMW uses V35 G35s to compare their E92 335i to. They don't do it for no reason: year for year the V35 coupes outsold E46 coupes, Ms excluded.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by gowen
Give credit where it is due. Whoever makes good cars are good for us car lovers because the rest of the industry have to step up and improve. It's as simple as that.
best post I have seen in a long time. One can tell he is a real car guy.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by tekknikal
the 335i is no longer in the segment. the cost of that car is realistically $40-50k. G35s will cost in the 30s. Having driven both the V35 G/c and E46 330/ci, I'd say the spirits to both are different. Furthermore, BMW uses V35 G35s to compare their E92 335i to. They don't do it for no reason: year for year the V35 coupes outsold E46 coupes, Ms excluded.
The G35 sells more because they are cheaper, more people can afford them. And I don't know about you but I paid 42 for mine in 03 and all said and done most are in the high 30's. you can get a nice BMW 328 for around 35-40, hence the G35 HAS to offer more content to get peoples money. The main content of my post. The 335 is for people who 1; want near M3 performance till the new one comes out or 2; want something a little nicer / faster / blingy"er" then they could get down the street at the infinity dealer and can afford to get it.

Last edited by pfc_coyle; 10-04-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:22 AM
hellll no brpp Hyundai cant make anything better than g35 becouse they are poor do u know how many h/p 08 g35 coupe is coming out bro it comes to 330h/p i bet they cant bit that

(capitalization)Hellll (extra l's for emphasis, ok) no,(comma) brpp(?? possibly "bro"?),(comma) Hyundai can't(apostrophe) make anything better than (the) g35 because(spelling) they are poor.(punctuation)(capitalization)Do you(spelling) know how many h/p (the) '08 g3 coupe (will have when it comes) out,(comma)bro?(punctuation)(capitalization)It comes to 330 h/p.(punctuation)(capitalization)I bet they can't(apostrophe) beat(spelling) that.(punctuation)

These might help your future:
http://tutoring.sylvanlearning.com/
http://www.englishforums.com/
http://www.grammarbook.com/

i welcom any ferther correctshuns to my responce or to hte originale emale form any inglish magors out ther can u helf me owt bro

Old 10-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm suprised noone mentioned the new Hyundai Azhera or whatever the name is. It definitely deserves credit in the luxury class.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:17 AM
you think Hyundai's bad?!?!? Hell I say all car coming out of the US of A are much more terrible then cars coming over from overseas. All imported cars must pass America's tough emission and safety guidelines. which means they have to fork over more money to get the original car to pass the safety and emissions test.Thats the main reason they dont bring in most of the cars they make like the Skyline . lot of the options are left out in order to save cost to modify the cars. But still if you compare the imports and domestics we still see by far imports have the advantage. I run a auto shop and if you ask me Ford, GM, and Dodge can't build cars and right now I would rather buy a Hyundai. I owned 5 cars in my time 89 monte carlo, 95 integra , 03 XG350, 04 g35 6mt(traded in) for new 05 g35 6mt last year and I'm only 24. All these car were bought by myself except for the Chevy which was a hand me down. I love my G but you have to realize we're driving a freaking NISSAN. YOU DONT SEE ACURAS, LEXUS., OR INFINITI brands back in Japan. Because??!?!?!?! Consumers in America are stupid and ignorant. They have to be tricked, they dont accept improvement but they do like to buy names. I bet when Korea bring in the Mercedes Killer like the Equus or the Chairman and put a whole new name on it, America will fall for it all over again. Read the facts, Mercedes and BMW are not making good car these days either and dont get me started with VW and AUDI's. Hyundai is a Huge company thats bigger then any US car company. They dont just build cars, They're into constructions, electronics, and they probably build the best Fleet ships in the world. Like who ever said "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

Last edited by BroDaJin; 10-04-2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by BroDaJin
you think Hyundai's bad?!?!? Hell I say all car coming out of the US of A are much more terrible then cars coming over from overseas. All imported cars must pass America's tough emission and safety guidelines. which means they have to fork over more money to get the original car to pass the safety and emissions test.Thats the main reason they dont bring in most of the cars they make like the Skyline . lot of the options are left out in order to save cost to modify the cars. But still if you compare the imports and domestics we still see by far imports have the advantage. I run a auto shop and if you ask me Ford, GM, and Dodge can't build cars and right now I would rather buy a Hyundai. I owned 5 cars in my time 89 monte carlo, 95 integra , 03 XG350, 04 g35 6mt(traded in) for new 05 g35 6mt last year and I'm only 24. All these car were bought by myself except for the Chevy which was a hand me down. I love my G but you have to realize we're driving a freaking NISSAN. YOU DONT SEE ACURAS, LEXUS., OR INFINITI brands back in Japan. Because??!?!?!?! Consumers in America are stupid and ignorant. They have to be tricked, they dont accept improvement but they do like to buy names. I bet when Korea bring in the Mercedes Killer like the Equus or the Chairman and put a whole new name on it, America will fall for it all over again. Read the facts, Mercedes and BMW are not making good car these days either and dont get me started with VW and AUDI's. Hyundai is a Huge company thats bigger then any US car company. They dont just build cars, They're into constructions, electronics, and they probably build the best Fleet ships in the world. Like who ever said "Don't judge a book by it's cover."
belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dat!

Old 10-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Napoleon
hellll no brpp Hyundai cant make anything better than g35 becouse they are poor do u know how many h/p 08 g35 coupe is coming out bro it comes to 330h/p i bet they cant bit that

(capitalization)Hellll (extra l's for emphasis, ok) no,(comma) brpp(?? possibly "bro"?),(comma) Hyundai can't(apostrophe) make anything better than (the) g35 because(spelling) they are poor.(punctuation)(capitalization)Do you(spelling) know how many h/p (the) '08 g3 coupe (will have when it comes) out,(comma)bro?(punctuation)(capitalization)It comes to 330 h/p.(punctuation)(capitalization)I bet they can't(apostrophe) beat(spelling) that.(punctuation)

These might help your future:
http://tutoring.sylvanlearning.com/
http://www.englishforums.com/
http://www.grammarbook.com/

i welcom any ferther correctshuns to my responce or to hte originale emale form any inglish magors out ther can u helf me owt bro

I hope u know that precious VQ motor was partly developed by hyundai. i hate it when people talk **** and don't know the facts.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:50 AM
The G35 sells more because they are cheaper, more people can afford them.
not necessarily true. there were many times in the past where G coupe sales were higher than Z coupe sales. also, why doesnt the G sedan tend to outsell the 3 sedan?

And I don't know about you but I paid 42 for mine in 03 and all said and done most are in the high 30's. you can get a nice BMW 328 for around 35-40,
you shouldnt have paid $42k pre TTL for an 03 with all options. in any case, at the time the G and 3 were closer in price (than they are today), yet the G coupes were outselling the 3 coupes. This did not happen for the sedan.

hence the G35 HAS to offer more content to get peoples money. The main content of my post. The 335 is for people who 1; want near M3 performance till the new one comes out or 2; want something a little nicer / faster / blingy"er" then they could get down the street at the infinity dealer and can afford to get it.
for any product to gain marketshare it must create more value (perceived or real) for its customers than its competitors do. that value can come from a lower price, more features, image/brand name, and many other sources. BMWs answer is a combination of performance (335i) and image (underrating power, bmw name) while Infiniti seems to be offering a more traditional value. In any case, BMWs latest marketing strategies seem to be trying to push them away from the other cars in the segment by price, so they can occupy their own space in the market. I don't think they would do this if they didnt think it were best for them... ie I dont think they want to compete with Infiniti toe to toe.

Whether you agree or not though, BMW is comparing the E92 335i coupe to the V35 G35c. Not the other way around.

Last edited by tekknikal; 10-04-2006 at 11:52 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyundai has a "G35-killer" coming?!