G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

License Plate Frames..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: License Plate Frames..

Wal-Mart...That's where I purchased mine for about $6-7, cannot remember...Good luck.

Old 10-28-2003, 06:46 PM

If you really want to get a nice chrome on brass frame, go to www.autoattire.com and check out the section on frames. These are the same ones that they sell at the dealerships, and they have a great selection of logo frames. I like the thin all around with holes at the top only, but they have a cool G35 Coupe version/ Top quality, good price ($25 or so)

Old 10-28-2003, 07:43 PM

I got a metal black frame off of eBay for about $20. It had "G35" embossed on the bottom part in aluminum. The finish was matte and so I went to the nearest body shop and asked them to clearcoat it for a glossy look. Usually they'll do it for free, if not, they'll charge a few bucks. Simple, yet attractive.

Black on Black 5AT Coupe
19" Axis Se7en Mods w/ Toyo FZ4s
350Z Duct
7 Wire Hypergrounding Kit
EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads

Old 10-28-2003, 08:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a chrome, plain, thick bottom frame from here:

<A href="http://autoanything.com/license_plate_frames/results.asp?prID=67">http://autoanything.com/license_plat...ts.asp?prID=67
</a>

they have gold and black also. Quality is top notch. I found that anything decent was around $25 +. You can probably find the crappy plastic ones at any auto parts store for a few bucks, but you get what you pay for.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 10-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a chrome metal frame with G35 in silver on the bottom. My girlfriend picked it upon eBay for me before I even got my G. It was like $20 shipped. Anyone want it? I have no use for it, so If anyone wants it, I'll let it go for a freakin mickey-d's value meal or something like that... LOL

Just dont tell my girlfriend.....

Old 10-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Oh and hey MrElusive, have you seen the NASTY Ramsey decals they're now slapping on the back on their cars? Really cheesy crap!

Old 10-28-2003, 08:41 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

heh or you can go without a frame at all...... by the way anything that obstructs the license plate is illegal....meaning most license plate frames are illegal (on paper)
cops dont really enforce it though...

i went without a frame... strictlyZ.com was making some skyline laser etched chrome frames... i saw some pics but i am not sure when they will be available, i guess you can always call them and ask [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust

Old 10-28-2003, 08:42 PM

Whts wrong with the chrome stuff? I think it looks hot. My dealer let me pick 2 plates for free. I got the "Infiniti" cursive writing, black and clear writing. =) I think it looks hot.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 10-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

I agree, thin, plain jane, black frames look the best vs no plate or flashy "bling bling" chrome plates, reason why I'm willing to give mine away for a mickey-d's value meal.

I also like those euro covers they have with the plastic covers. The only drawback is that some places sell those things for like $50 and up! It's crazy!

I've heard about the law regarding anything that covers the plate in anyway includding frames, and yes on the books it is against the law (here in NY) but most cops dont enforce it unless you're a punk and they really wanna bust your *****...

Like getting a ticket for a tassle hanging from your rear view mirrow, a university decal on your rear window, no front plate, window tint, tail gating, speeding, and failure to yeild ALL AT ONCE.... ohh how I miss those days... lol

PS: YES I really got hit with all those tickets at ONCE! When I went to court for them, the DA was like you gotta be kidding me, and they all were dropped, but as with any court, if they got ya there, you cant leave without droping a little something in the judges pocket, so I got a no seat belt ticket $60 with a $30 surcharge... fun fun fun

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 10-28-2003, 09:05 PM

hahahaha yeah they are...they suck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: License Plate Frames..