G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

License plate frame covering sticker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
License plate frame covering sticker

I just bought this nice chrome license plate frame that has "INFINITI" etched into it, and it looks sweet. But when I put it on my G the frame covers the validation sticker (the one you have to buy every year). Just wondered if anyone else had this prob before and if they could correct it.

I was thinking about either dremelling out about 1/2" in the corner to allow the sticker to show, or trying to redrill the plate mouting holes on the plate and move it up a tiny bit where you can't really tell and see if that gets me enough higher that the sticker will be visible.

Attached Thumbnails License plate frame covering sticker-1140266540241_c_infiniti.jpg  
Old 11-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by klwoods
I just bought this nice chrome license plate frame that has "INFINITI" etched into it, and it looks sweet. But when I put it on my G the frame covers the validation sticker (the one you have to buy every year). Just wondered if anyone else had this prob before and if they could correct it.

I was thinking about either dremelling out about 1/2" in the corner to allow the sticker to show, or trying to redrill the plate mouting holes on the plate and move it up a tiny bit where you can't really tell and see if that gets me enough higher that the sticker will be visible.
in this case i've seen people just cover the sticker for now(some of it would still show right?) and next year when the get the new one just put the new sticker a little lower then before.

Modding the frame may stick out like a sore thumb....

Old 11-21-2006, 04:20 PM
I just bought this nice chrome license plate frame that has "INFINITI" etched into it, and it looks sweet.
I do like the frame, how much $? from where?

Old 11-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Here's what the frame would look like if I dremelled out a little bit in the bottom right corner to allow the sticker to show.

Attached Thumbnails License plate frame covering sticker-plate-modified.jpg  
Old 11-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by ARTofDESIGN
I do like the frame, how much $? from where?

It's pretty cheap....bought it off ebay. He's got like 3 dif styles. Pretty good quality too.

As for sticking out ...that's my thoughts too...hense why i'm affraid to just to just dremel away. It actually covers 90% of the sticker, and there's no way it will get me until next year without many tickets. They are **** in Ohio about stupid stuff like that. Once, a copy pulled a U-ie thru a medium of grass & a ditch..just to give me a $90 ticket for a tinted license plate cover!

Last edited by klwoods; 11-21-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
get a different plate frame - you may get in trouble with cops for having the sticker obstructed.

Old 11-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love my covered. as long as they can read the number even if the sticker is half off, they really cant do anything, i odnt even have my inspections tick on my car, its in my glove box. lol i got shti for awhile then i told them, show me the law in mass, that says u have to have it on ur window,, the law only states u have to have ur car inspected lol

but sometimes it isnt worth all the trouble

but great idea, i love unique ideas

Old 11-21-2006, 04:39 PM
It's pretty cheap....bought it off ebay. He's got like 3 dif styles. Pretty good quality too.
thanks,
ebays sellers name/id?

Old 11-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You know how to find the answer? Call your local police and ask for traffic division. They'll tell you if being covered is considered an infraction. The other thing you can do is instead of placing the sticker where it's suppose to, relocate as bit higher.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Lexus IS350
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just leave it. All the different years have different colors. Cops simply look for the right color. I beleive the 2006 tags are red and the 2007 tags are green, atleast in CA. Dont worry about it, just leave it. If you get pulled over, the most he could do is write you a fix-it ticket. Just say that the car came with that plate.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Well first off, I live in Ohio, not CA, and cops in OH are a$$h0less. Already checked, it has to be completely visible and I already tried the "where's the law say that..." when I got the above metioned ticked for the tinted plate covers (they aren't dark tint either, you can see the #'s fine). But the cop giving me that ticket was a usual OH dick-lick and said you can find the law yourself in the Ohio laws.

LjN - Placing the sticker where it's still visible (even though not where the old sticker is) would be a great solution, only problem is I have to wait 10 months to get a new sticker! That's probably my only good solution tho.

The guy's name on ebay is Scion888 and here's a link to his stuff: http://stores.ebay.com/BEST-QUALITY-License-Frame-Shop

It came in a few days and looks great. Awsome quality. There's quit a it of selection for the G too...I liked the "INFINITI" one the best because it matched the factory badge on the trunk.