G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Not Fixing Window Grease Streak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2003 | 09:45 PM
|
Not Fixing Window Grease Streak

I know that this area has been covered before. I was just wondering if any of you have the streak problem, but decided NOT to have it fixed? Mine is so minor, it hardly even bothers me, yet I can still notice it at times. I clean my windows at least once a week anyway. I was just wondering, if I elected not to have the TSB done, would it eventually go away after a couple of years, or could it possibly do any harm by not having it fixed? Like I said, it's so minor that it's almost not worth leaving my coupe with the dealer overnight.(IMO)

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/SAT/Tint/Chrome 17's/Black Badged

Old 11-05-2003 | 10:12 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Re: Not Fixing Window Grease Streak

Guilty.......LOL.
Should be fine... Mine is minor too, so I thought I'd leave it well enough alone.
If anything else 'messes' up in the doors then maybe that's a better time to take it apart. JMHO (and apparantly yours too)
later
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 11-05-2003 | 10:50 PM

I've had my coupe for about 8 months, and didn't notice it until last week. It's VERY minor, and I am not planning on taking it to the dealer. I'd rather clean it off once a week, then letting dealer crack the door open.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 11-06-2003 | 12:42 AM

It's a good thing it's minor to you cuz I wish I didn't have it fixed. My dealership sucks soo bad that they fixed it and now I have tons of new problems with my windows. From creeking all the way to the window won't close or it gets stuck... So beware of how they fix it...

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 11-06-2003 | 07:21 AM

Don't fix it. I too have had lots of problems after the "fix".
2 new window regulators and numerous service trips later, I think (hope) the problem is fixed.

But now I have a new grease streak. sigh!

BillR

Old 11-06-2003 | 12:18 PM

I have opted not to "fix" mine either...Scared of what new problems the dealer will cause as well
It shows up during warmer weather for me....
but when it does...I just use some zaino z-5 and the streak comes right off w/ minimal effort...on top of that, it leaves the part of the window so slick...the grease streak won't come back for at least a few weeks.

Old 11-06-2003 | 12:30 PM

I didn't fix mine either. I didn't even notice it until reading about it on this forum.

Old 11-06-2003 | 02:00 PM

I was going to get mine fixed, but after reading this I'm afraid to take it in. I have alot of confidence in my dealership, but it sounds like it could just cause way too many problems.

Ryan

03.5 Red w/ Willow G35 Coupe, Premium and Nav
Strictly stock for the time being.

Old 11-06-2003 | 02:06 PM

i had the driver side done, because the window was also making a grinding noise while going up. My pass side has it also, but i won't be letting them mess with that.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 11-06-2003 | 07:33 PM
G SQUAD

I had it done on the last service and it still streaks up. So don't waste your time!

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit + Hyper Grounded
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Old 11-06-2003 | 11:06 PM

I would suggest not to fix it if it doens't bother you! Took mine in for passenger side window streak, and found out they changed the pad for the driver side window. In the process of taking my door apart, they of course gave me quite a few door trim scratches for free. Had to take it back for them to correct the problem, and found out that they were so nice to me, they had to put scratches on the passenger side door trim too to make them look even.

IT'S NOT WORTH LEAVING YOUR G IN THE STUPID DEALER AT ALL. unless they can get it done while you are there watching!

Bug'Ngeec

Old 11-07-2003 | 02:38 AM
Alumni****
Staff Alumni

i had the grease streak problem.. but it magically has gone away by itself.. i read stories like this when i was thinking about bringing it in, and i jus decided i could live with it.. low and behold, the problem's gone..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-07-2003 | 02:37 PM

what about rattles? same horror experiences with the rattles? i was about to get my grease and rattles done...but no longer. think ill just take care of it myself.

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 11-07-2003 | 04:08 PM

I didn't have the grease streaks UNTIL my dealer went to replace my regulators because my doors were creaking. Now the creaking is back, I have streaks every now and then, a new door rattle that comes and goes (no doubt it won't be duplicatable .. is that even a word?), and now after it rains, when I roll my window down and back up, the inside portion of the window gets dirty condensation on it!?!? I wish I would have just let it be. But now that I'm into it, I'll might as well have the dealer have another go at it during my next oil change.

Old 11-07-2003 | 04:08 PM

I didn't have the grease streaks UNTIL my dealer went to replace my regulators because my doors were creaking. Now the creaking is back, I have streaks every now and then, a new door rattle that comes and goes (no doubt it won't be duplicatable .. is that even a word?), and now after it rains, when I roll my window down and back up, the inside portion of the window gets dirty condensation on it!?!? I wish I would have just let it be. But now that I'm into it, I'll might as well have the dealer have another go at it during my next oil change.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Not Fixing Window Grease Streak