G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Headlight question for those with '06's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2006 | 04:51 PM
|
Headlight question for those with '06's

Anyone notice that the driver's headlight is a slightly warmer color temp than the passenger side? The driver's side is noticeably more yellow than the passenger side on my wife's car. It's been this way since we got the car. The driver's side headlight has been replaced (damn deer) with an all new OEM headlight and it is still this way. I am just wondering if Inifiniti did this for a reason (ie. to not blind oncoming traffic) or if maybe the passenger side bulb is too high of a color temp and they are both supposed to be more yellow than blue. I haven't been around enough G Coupes to notice if they are all like this or if there is something wrong with ours.

Old 12-20-2006 | 05:18 PM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
I don't remember but I will check tonight

Old 12-20-2006 | 05:20 PM
rarejdm.com
Premier Member
Mine are the same... the only difference I see between the 2 is that the drivers side cutoff is a little lower.

Old 12-20-2006 | 05:29 PM
|
Originally Posted by StealthShinobi
I don't remember but I will check tonight
I notice it standing about 15 feet away. I can also notice it if I am following a car and can see the reflection of the headlights off the trunk/hatch. It bugs the hell out of me.. hehe.

Old 12-20-2006 | 05:30 PM
i fly low
mine are the same.

Old 12-20-2006 | 05:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by BayAreaRefuGz
mine are the same.

At this point I am thinking that the passenger side headlight is actually the "bad" bulb and not the drivers side since the driver's has been replaced and is the same as before.

Old 12-20-2006 | 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by zackt69
Mine are the same... the only difference I see between the 2 is that the drivers side cutoff is a little lower.
+1, mine are exactly the same way.

Old 12-20-2006 | 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by IvoryPearl06
Anyone notice that the driver's headlight is a slightly warmer color temp than the passenger side? The driver's side is noticeably more yellow than the passenger side on my wife's car. It's been this way since we got the car. The driver's side headlight has been replaced (damn deer) with an all new OEM headlight and it is still this way. I am just wondering if Inifiniti did this for a reason (ie. to not blind oncoming traffic) or if maybe the passenger side bulb is too high of a color temp and they are both supposed to be more yellow than blue. I haven't been around enough G Coupes to notice if they are all like this or if there is something wrong with ours.
Hmm...I thought I had bought some bad bulbs myself. I bought some 5000K Philips from a member here and noticed that indeed the driver side is a little warmer. I thought maybe the member screwed me over. Now that you mentioned it, maybe this is true? I bought my housing from Chad.

Old 12-20-2006 | 09:59 PM
|
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Hmm...I thought I had bought some bad bulbs myself. I bought some 5000K Philips from a member here and noticed that indeed the driver side is a little warmer. I thought maybe the member screwed me over. Now that you mentioned it, maybe this is true? I bought my housing from Chad.
The thing that has me wondering is that our car is an '06 and has been like this since we got it. It is still like this even though the whole driver's side headlight housing/ballast/bulb has been replaced with OEM parts (she hit a deer).

Old 12-20-2006 | 10:02 PM
The thing that has me wondering is that our car is an '06 and has been like this since we got it. It is still like this even though the whole driver's side headlight housing/ballast/bulb has been replaced with OEM parts (she hit a deer).
Well, there is a recall on these headlights. So, I was going to wait to see what will become of this. For me, I thought maybe also the slightly yellow color is coming off of my H1's, since I have the PIAA Ion Plasma Yellow there. It doesn't bother me too much since I have the yellow bulbs there but I do notice it. I guess the only way to really know if it is the bulbs and not the headlights/ballasts is to switch the right and left bulbs.

Old 12-21-2006 | 12:27 AM
MsA
I would say that its because the yellowish hid bulb is slightly newer compared to the whiter one. When your HIDs are on for a long time they tend to color shift to a higher temperature. Brand new 4300k bulbs are slightly yellowish...after lets say about 100 hours of use, they colorshift to a whiter color. If it bothers you just buy a new pair of HID bulbs (roughly around 250). They will both start out yellow but the longer you keep your lights on they will eventually turn whitish. If you dont want to wait for them to turn white, just order the 5000k bulbs... make sure theyre oem bulbs like phillips or osram (dont use cheap knock off bulbs)

Also on a side note, when HID bulbs are newer they are brighter. The older they get, they get whiter and the output is slightly less. Although when the bulbs are white in color it looks nicer, it doesnt throw as much light on the ground.

When I first swapped out to the 06 projectors my lights were yellowish.... I just drove with them day and night and now theyre nice and white.

**one last remark. It may be also possible that the bulb is in the wrong way and it burned unevenly. HID bulbs are not just like any bulbs that can be put in any direction.... maybe the dealer put it in upside down by accident?

.... yeah I used to be really into the lighting in my car. My old car I had s2k projectors retrofitted into them courtesy of LittoDevil @ HIDPlanet. ( Headlight junkies should know what im talking about)

Last edited by MsA; 12-21-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:31 AM
MsA
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
+1, mine are exactly the same way.
You can adjust the height of your headlight. Theres a little bolt you spin on the headlight itself so you can even it out with the other one. The bolt is accessable when you open the hood. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow for more specific directions

Last edited by MsA; 12-21-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-21-2006 | 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by MsA
You can adjust the height of your headlight. Theres a little bolt you spin on the headlight itself so you can even it out with the other one. The bolt is accessable when you open the hood. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow for more specific directions
But isn't the driver's side cutoff supposed to be lower so you don't blind oncoming traffic? Oh well, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't even notice it until I pull into my drive way and I see the cutoff on my garage door.

Old 12-21-2006 | 02:07 PM
i ran grounding wires and both lights seem to be a lot brighter now...

Old 12-21-2006 | 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by gspothawaii
i ran grounding wires and both lights seem to be a lot brighter now...
Oh? Please elaborate! Pics will be nice as well!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Headlight question for those with '06's