G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

bad advertisement team

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad advertisement team

It has come to my attention and probally has been said but why has the 350z been more commerically exposed than the G. Yes nissan is known for the infomous Z series and the 350 is bringing the spirt back. But i think they should put equally as much attention or more to the luxury brother of the Z, the G. I mean the G was made for the rich guys who want the speed and luxury at the same time. After all American is focused on more luxury than speed IMO. Like how toyota and Lexus is very different but the same company. I think Infiniti and Nissian should follow the same foot steps. They should advertise the G a lot more than the Z. G has the same motor, almost the same performance but a lot more comfortable ride. I think it will attack the more mature and old folks and those are the ones that can actually afford one instead of adveritsing to the young ones who cant really afford one. I mean come on, i think Nissian messed up there. My .o2 cent

Old 11-17-2003, 12:01 AM
Re: bad advertisement team

Advertisement means $$$... and if they're having trouble fulfilling demand as it is without all that advertisement all the better. You'll be suprised how many ppl. don't know that the Z has a 4 seat cousin... fine by me!

Old 11-17-2003, 12:02 AM

More advertising? I agree that it is not needed.

Plus, more ads means more cars...I like being one of the few on the road personally. If I wanted everyone to be driving around in my car I would have bought a 3 series BMW.

afsarzad
'03 G35 Coupe Caribbean Blue/Blk
Sport / Areo / Nav etc...
Chrome GF-1 20s / 35% Tint

Old 11-17-2003, 12:23 AM

I agree. Stop all advertisement. I see too many non-enthusiast G drivers and it makes me mad.

Im glad .. Black 6MT coupes are around 5% of the total. *PHEW

By all means decrease the popularity of our car among non-enthusiasts .. Think if you cared about cars you wouldn't know about it anyway. Plus .. I dont' think it was made for "richer" ppl BECAUSE its in the same price range as the Z (the better optioned ones). I think the richer folk would aim higher than 40k fully loaded? SC430? M3? SL500? CLK500?

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:17 AM

Hottest combo my *ss. =P

The popular colors right now are all those metallic colors.

BLACK / BLACK 6MT is for the thugs only.. 5% it is!

Jk.. But yea there really are not too many .. Tell me how many times you see one. Oh and I had a b*tch of a time finding my combo so YEAAAAAA.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:22 AM

Well, i would just like to see more creditbility to the G. It seemed like the Z hogged up all the spot light. I love my G! When i mean aim towards rich i dont mean like rich rich but upper middle class. The G gives a more refined look. It gives a sense of maturity to you but still have the same kick *** power. THe Z looks like a race car and some upper middle class perfer not to be personified like that.... catch my drift? Dont really know how to explain it. Lets say your a manager for a good company. If you were gonna judge someone by the first impression and they rolled up in a Z and the other guy rolled up int e G who would you pick? The G right? Why you say. Simply because they look more mature and responsible.... see where im trying to get at? Infiniti should focus more of the G

Old 11-17-2003, 01:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Advertising doesn't lend credibility...In fact, the general public is now far more distrusting of advertising than they have been ever before...Nissan is the more approachable brand name- Infiniti isn't meant to be for anyone off the street...That's why Infiniti, Lexus, and Acura exist- to justify spending more money on a "lesser" brand (to state the obvious)...Saturate the market with Infiniti ads and the typical buyers in that market segment will be put off, feeling that they aren't being offered even a modicum of exclusivity...Be glad that the dollars for advertising aren't going to the G as much, because like previously stated, you'd see a lot more G35 Coupes on the road and wouldn't feel like you were in a more "exclusive" club...Besides, odds are if that happened more mags would call the G35 the 300ZX 2+2's revival, and nobody wants to hear that...You already bought the car- why do you need to see advertising?

"All the Power in the World resides in the Eyes..."

Old 11-17-2003, 01:37 AM

Yeah i hate, hate, hate when i see a non-enthusiast driving a G coupe! It disgusts me, there is an older lady in my neighborhood that is the perfect example, she has scratches all over the car, taps the gas because she can't drive it right, looks dirty and beat up as hell.... I wish i could take it away from her!
I got my coupe this summer, and she got hers last month and it is already beat up honda civic looking!!!!

Aaarrgg... me soooo angry!

anyway... fun and safe driving for all...
Peace
-Eric

'03.5 Silver/Black | Prem | Perf | Aero | Stillen Hi-Flow | Z -Tube | Nismo Oil/Radiator Caps | Solid Allum Pedals | Allum Matts (Infinit Logo) | 15% Tints | Valentine1 | Hide-Away License Plate!

Old 11-17-2003, 01:52 AM

i think the G looks meaner then the Z...

Old 11-17-2003, 02:01 AM

What do you think about this....
Parked next to a coupe at the mall..... all on the passengers side door there where tons of dings..... as I get out of my G the owner of the parked G comes by and I ask him, "what's up with all the dents on your car", he just says "I don't mind this is my "beach" car.... I got my SL 500 at home.....after talking with him alittle more I find out he is a doctor..... I guess when you got money a ~$30,000 + car is considered a "beach" car......

Old 11-17-2003, 02:14 AM

Black G is meaner than ANYYYYYYY 350z.. I think 350Z looks faster .. But less aggressive. It is like 1 foot shorter than our car.

Old 11-17-2003, 02:39 AM

He must be a well known doctor to do that! You've should added a ding too. "Well in that case let me add one to your car too!"

Old 11-17-2003, 03:15 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

doctor as in "dent doctor"? the franchise that does paint-free dent repair? what a shame. his poor little coupe.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>