G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dash Conversion -- Please respond ASAP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash Conversion -- Please respond ASAP

Has anyone tried this, I found 05 complete dash on ebay and I have a 03 coupe and the 05+ dash looks much better, has any tried switching them out before. I'm gonna post the link please don't snipe it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...em220119308077

Old 06-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
that's nowhere near complete.
you're going to need;
trim
ac display with the integrated clock and the black piece that goes over it
the instrument cluster
glove box
air vents
the little doors for the upper glove box and cubby hole

in other words....
A LOT MORE MONEY

if you got it go for it, should be an interesting project.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:16 PM
I knew it was far from complete, but I was wondering if anyone has ever tackled something like this. The 03 dash is so blah compared to the 05+.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah you should sell that again on ebay, your will spend atleast a thousand trying to find all those little parts. Plus your center guage cluster is shaped different on the back. You might have shot yourself in the foot by buyin it before lookin. That one has no aluminum at all...wasnt that the point

Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Banned
you just missed out on a hell of a deal if you were not the winning bidder. I could have had it in and out in 3 hrs and im slightly inclined when it comes to working with things like that

Old 06-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I ended up not bidding on it, but someone else got a steal. I know that it didn't have any of the aluminum trim pieces, clock, etc, but I was just toying with the idea of going to a pick a part to get what I needed plus I would do a DD conversion anyways. I've read on here that some people have swapped their gauges from the 03 to the 05 and the steering wheel controls from the 03 to the 05. I just wanted to see if it was possible to one up those.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jtrudeau
Has anyone tried this, I found 05 complete dash on ebay and I have a 03 coupe and the 05+ dash looks much better, has any tried switching them out before. I'm gonna post the link please don't snipe it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...em220119308077
That was my dash on eBay I was gonna swap it into my '04
It can be done, cluster is not a problem but u have to change the housing around it.
the only problem I see you running into is mounting the passenger airbag
the brackets behind the dash from 03-04 & 05-07 are different because 05-07 has that "smart" airbag & its shaped different
but it can be done
at one point I had complete interior, everything from carpet to roofliner
I sold it all to other memebrs here & the rest on eBay, I actually still have the aluminum trim thats goes with the dash though

If the buyer flakes I'll send u a PM

FYI that dash has been 4 sale on this site in the marketplace for almost a year
https://g35driver.com/forums/archived-sales/117752-05-g35-coupe-dashboard-airbag-f-s.html

rear back seats (black) still for sale $50 picked up good condition no rips no tears ...im trying to make room in my garage for another

Old 06-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bassholic
you just missed out on a hell of a deal if you were not the winning bidder. I could have had it in and out in 3 hrs and im slightly inclined when it comes to working with things like that
my very first time taking out a G35 dash it took me about 4-5hrs to get it out becuase i was being sooo careful I didnt wanna mess up my car & only 45min-1hr to get it back in

now i can do a complete swap in about 2-2.5 hrs

the dash is so easy to take a part just maybe 8-10 screws & a bunch of clips, if u know where there at its a breeze

Old 03-20-2015, 01:10 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Im getting a full interior off a 05 can anyone tell me if im going to run into any issues doing this only thing is its coming off a 05 auto and mine is a manual 04.. i know i will have to find a shift boot frame for 05+ and the gauge cluster since its auto might be a bit of a headache to swap.. i also know that there needs to be some small modification done to the wiring harness for the AC climate control and you say the passenger airbag bracket ? can anyone go into a little more detail for me im really looking forward to this.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:19 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by nitish21
Im getting a full interior off a 05 can anyone tell me if im going to run into any issues doing this only thing is its coming off a 05 auto and mine is a manual 04.. i know i will have to find a shift boot frame for 05+ and the gauge cluster since its auto might be a bit of a headache to swap.. i also know that there needs to be some small modification done to the wiring harness for the AC climate control and you say the passenger airbag bracket ? can anyone go into a little more detail for me im really looking forward to this.
i was hesitant to swap 2003.0 BS/Willow sedan to a black interior for fear of PITA and price it i did not take unplug the cluster or unbolt steering wheel column just tilted it back forth i was about 50--60 bolts and screws and IIRCC all 10mm 12mm and 1 was 14 steering wheel i think is t-30 security hex
all i have every done is oil changes bulbs light brake work and a alternator by my self got down to ready to pull dash out and carpet in about 5-6 hours going slow and taking breaks

i bough the partsfirst and reverse engineered from the get go with the black pieces especially dash and cluster plastic
i did this order

under instrument panel 3 bolts
where the steering wheel tilt tucks into 4 bolts
cluster plastic to steering column steel tray 4 bolts
cluster plastic to actual cluster 4 bolts requires a small tool for top ones for windshield clearance

auto console 4 screws and and pops off
radio is 4-5? 1 is behind clock trim
lower/upper glove box is 8-12??? be careful research the upper glove removal fragile clips left side
dash is only held in by 8 bolts i think
seats 4 bolts a pieces
only thing holding carpet in is seats and trim around perimeter of the car(all trim pops off)
dash is 2 man with extreme care and bending or trimming some hidden when put together plastic(i did with steering wheel/column full intact

steering wheel requires care with clock spring
steering wheel to column is 19 mm 2 t30 security hex research it needs to not rotate at all and torque correctly

lower back seat is 2 pull out tabs
upper rear seats are 4 bolts a piece

im doing all 5 seat belts now

for 300 i got
out of a 2003.? black/black sedan 6mt premium
95%dash /w air bag gloveboxs were mint
mint steering wheel and all plastic down to colum air bag
carpet 1 hole dead center driver just dirty
ultra clean reclining rear seats up to rear deck and missing all three lower seats belts
ac contoller
cluster
frame mounted door seals no tears cracking
all driver passenger kick panels and door plastic holding carpet on
lower b pillars
front seat belt assemblys
torn up console
clock trim

and DD radio trim kit(unkown)
its missing vents and pretty tore up but it think its jdm

missing
seats came back they were sold