G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone have Stillen Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2004 | 03:18 PM
|
Anyone have Stillen Supercharger?

New member to the board and just wanted to see if anyone on here has any type of forced induction G35...If you do, raise your hand...Thanks

Old 01-23-2004 | 10:11 PM
Re: Anyone have Stillen Supercharger?

Several of us have the ATI Procharger or the Vortech supercharger. I don't know of any Stillen posters, but I'm sure they're out there.

--Steve

Old 01-24-2004 | 02:19 AM

I'm a soon-to-be dreamworkes supercharged coupe owner.... hopefully sometime in march.

Old 01-24-2004 | 02:25 PM

We have one on our coupe! We purchased the stage 2 setup with the intercooler and everything. I don't have the install pics and everything written up on the website yet, but I'm working on it...

What questions did you have about it?

Justin McClanahan
Heavily Modified 95 Infiniti G20
Working on a G35 Project Coupe

Old 01-24-2004 | 04:14 PM

Hey everyone (I am very new, first post) and I have a couple questions about some of these superchargers. Please excuse my noob knowledge. I am getting a g35 in a couple months, (might wait till 2005), but I am interested in buying a supercharger but I am just worried about the warranty being voided. I heard from just a couple people that the dreamworks supercharger might be under warranty with infiniti. I have no clue, and I hope I don't look like an idiot here :-\. I also would want to install headers, exhaust, intercooler, intake, etc., and I know most of that will void warranty, but will it void the entire cars warranty or only if they can prove that the problem was caused by the new part (sorry I don't know much about infiniti's warranty). And one last question, sorry, I know all these questions don't belong in this thread but the supercharger kind of mixed in with what I wanted to know, if I buy all the aftermarket products such as supercharger, exhaust, etc., from a well known and quality company, should I be all that worried about the warranty? Thank you, and sorry once again for me being a noob.

Old 01-24-2004 | 08:24 PM

well a super charger/ turbo set up will most likly void the engine and drivetrain warrenty. Now they have to prove that the mod caused the problem so heads and an exhaust is probaly a tuff one for them to prove. I havnt really herd of any problems that have arrisin from those mods but i have herd of problems from F/I. F/I can couse problems to ur engine if u are not carfull. You need to reduce the timming and some othe stuff and if u dont tune ur F/I system properaly you could mess ur engine up bad. All the F/I sysmtems are basicaly safe for our cars as long as u tune them properaly and dont up the boost past what they recomend. But i would not worry about ur warrenty and small mods like intake, exhaust or headers. The only one that will basicy throw ur warrenty out the window is an supercharger or a turbo. But if u have a supercharger and the Radio goes they will still fix the radio becuase its not effected by an engine mod. but if you blow ur engine ur [censored] outa luck with a supercharger. From my understanding the dreamworks supercharger is not warrentyed by infiniti but by a 3rd party which is basicaly fine.

<a href="mailto:Carlos3186@hotmail....otmail.com</a>

Old 01-24-2004 | 09:11 PM

That's correct... from my talks with Goran (president of Dreamworkes), Dell Financial will be doing the warranty on the SC and powertrain (Dell also does Stillen's warranty I believe). Further, if you add headers, cats, exhaust, etc. it may void the whole warranty offered with the supercharger. I am not sure on this but will talk to Goran in the future about these issues as I have headers and exhaust installed myself.

Old 01-24-2004 | 11:27 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

I cant see how anyone would even think of voiding an "engine / supercharger" warranty if you're using headers, high flow cats and or an aftermarket exhaust system, as these items would only aid the performance of the supercharger...

Lastly, do you guys have any qoutes on what this extended warranty from Dell is with a supercharged engine. I heard from a Porsche owner who had an RMS supercharger and he had a custom engine warranty through the people at Dell and it was $1100 extra for 12,000 miles.

Pretty pricey. . . .

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 01-25-2004 | 01:30 PM

Although it helps performance, it has not been tested thus cannot be warrantied. Much like any aftermarket parts for your car, if they cause a problem, your factory warranty will NOT repair the damage done. For example, say you damaged your MAF sensor due to a new intake installed, Nissan\Infiniti will not repair your MAF sensor for free. Further, the whole argument of putting in different headers\exhaust\cats\etc. may decrease the much-needed backpressure for a supercharged car, in most causes it usually helps gains in performance but was not designed as the original parts for the SC and therefore can't be warrantied if those parts do cause problems. However, I think Goran may be working out some details on this with Dell. Also the price for the supercharger (List: 6800) includes the 36k,3yr warranty I believe...
I will keep you all updated on the information, the best bet is to wait till late february when I really get into discussions as the arrival date draws closer.

Old 01-26-2004 | 09:42 AM

Dell Financial is the one doing the Stillen warranty. It's 3yr/36,000miles and it runs $260.

Justin McClanahan
Heavily Modified 95 Infiniti G20
Working on a G35 Project Coupe

Old 01-26-2004 | 11:00 AM
Premier Dough Slapper

In regrading to: " Much like any aftermarket parts for your car, if they cause a problem, your factory warranty will NOT repair the damage done. "

Yes thats true, and thats thank to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act ...

But, your coment on "much-needed backpressure for a supercharged car," well that makes NO sense, and it sounds more like an excuse (if thats what you heard) than a real solid answer...

Every car and truck I have owned (except for my G "for now") from my 95 M3 to my to my 95 Yukon GT, to my 99 Denali I have supercharged using systems from Vortech, Powerdyne, and Whipple. In EVERY application, whether it was the inline 6 or the V8's every suprecharger system manufacturer recomended that I use some sort of free-flowing exhaust system, other than stock to gain optimum results. It wasn't required, but they highly recomend it. The faster you want to push that air and fuel into the engine, the quicker you gotta get it out. Backpressure plays an importnat role in naturally aspirated vehicles, but takes a "back seat" once you move into the forced induction arena.

Here's what Paxton has to say about backpressure and supercharged applications "The use of this double system is vital to the performance of the Supercharged engine, as exhaust back pressure will prevent the motor from developing its full horsepower." In case you're wondering, they're refering to an aftermarket dual exhaust systems.

Bottom line is when you go into boost, the less back pressure you have, the better everything will perform.

Having a zero back pressure exhaust on a non-supercharged car will in fact lead to a low end performance loss, but that's where exhaust system designers balance everything out, and unless you're running straight pipes, there's always gonna be back pressure, but when it comes to superchargering, less = betters!

So in my opinion for a supercharger company to come out and say, we may not warranty the unit if you use an aftermarket supercharger BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT TESTED IT is nothing more than some sort of half-*** excuse. It just doesnt hold water with me. You can design the unit any which way you want, 3lbs of psi or over 10psi, upgrading the stock exhaust system will ONLY ehance its performance and I for one cant see any way it could harm a supercharger leading the manufacture to say, we're not gonna warranty this unit because you had an aftermarket exhaust system.

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."