G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Too much for a Daily Driver? Am I building a car that I wont be able to drive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:50 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Too much for a Daily Driver? Am I building a car that I wont be able to drive?

To keep this story short after receiving a fix it ticket for Tint and Front plate I'm kinda paranoid about driving next to cops (never a prob before - just roll down the windows lower the volume a bit, usually down anyways).

MODs (VISUAL)
TS Front
Seibon TS Hood
Stillen Sides
Wide Body Rear Quarters
Modified Kenstyle Rear
Tint
No Front Plate
CUSTOM PAINTED: LAMBO Mid-Night Blue (Think of a dark daytona blue)
DPE 20" Rims (NOT ON CAR)

Anyways I was leaving street image and was pulled for TINT and FRONT PLATE ONLY.. What sucks was that I was in high gear just rolling down the on ramp minding my own business.. The car still needs to have a custom sideskirt installed (to complete the widebody) and extend my TI Tips as well as throwing on the 20" DPEs and the CF Splitters... Is this too much? Now what if I had a FMIC for the future TT kit exposed in the front grill? Am I asking to get cited.. probably and a emissions ticket that'll just own me ._. What really got me thinking was this.. I was driving home from work when a cop drives by me (staring at the car) slams on the brakes and busts a U.. we were on a 45mph street (I was probably going 50) so by then I was making a right turn. into the complex of my GF's place. The guy actually passes by after I parked the car with a mad stare o.o

I guess the question is I had a 05 Black (kitted and gold volks) but with NO PROBLEMS what so ever.. even a thumbs up from a cop once . does the color make a difference should i return my mid-night blue widebody monster back to Stock color OB? I dont want to get the insane attention that I'm getting now from the cops ESPECIALLY with a TT kit.. iono.. kinda venting and looking for a 2nd opinion. This project is turning out into the one like G352NV (sp?) 's daytona blue aps tt coupe =( - building a car that i can no longer drive.

This car is a daily driven street / show car. as of now its stock with a popcharger, mrev, z-tube, fi exhaust.. full on suspension modz and visual

Lastly I have a company called SurfaceMODz Inc. (body kits obviously) is there any way to associate my car to the business so i can drive with offroad parts? iono just a question. BTW this is all in socal

edit: final rant.. i get a ton of WAGONS trying to race me WRX Wagon, Audi Wagons, VW Hatches.. o.o

Last edited by EricIsKlumzyee; 07-26-2007 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:55 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
it is hit or miss. some officers will respect your car. I never threw a front plate on and have gotten a ticket for it and also my front windshield both during the day. I never get bothered because I drive and follow the speed limits. a flashy car will attract attention but this is our love. tint and nfp tickets don't show points on your license so I'm not too concerned .....keep on modding !

Old 07-26-2007, 02:59 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Full list of MODs

"Surface MODz":
Custom Lambo Mid-Night Blue Paint
TS Front Bumper
Stillen Sideskirts
Seibon TS Hood
Modified Kenstyle Rear
Widebody Rear Quarters
Inven Roof Spoiler
Black Roof
Custom Painted TS Hood
Smoked Tail lights
Custom blacked out sidemarkers with tri-NEONS (not hooked up)
Battery Covers

Future SurfaceMODz:
Custom Sideskirts (to complete the widebody)
CF Splitter kit (waiting for sideskirts)
CF Trunk - Air Brushed (not painted yet)
MINE's TS Mirrors (uninstalled)
Custom Front bumper
DPE 20" (uninstalled for now)
Tri-Projector Lamps w/blacked out housing (uninstalled)
Polished Plenum (uninstalled)

Engine
Grounding Wire - Blue
Motordyne mRev2
CF Z-Tube
PopCharger (heat shield painted black)
FI-TI Tip Exhaust (Tips hidden - need to extend)

FUTURE ENGINE:
JWT TT Kit
Colored Hoses

SUSPENSION
350EVO
Tein basics
SPC Rear Kit
Stillen Sways
Tanabe / GT-Spec Bars
VRT Strut (uninstalled)
Stillen Trunk Strut
BKK (uninstalled)

NO AUDIO / INTERIOR

Last edited by EricIsKlumzyee; 07-26-2007 at 03:03 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:01 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by da mayor
it is hit or miss. some officers will respect your car. I never threw a front plate on and have gotten a ticket for it and also my front windshield both during the day. I never get bothered because I drive and follow the speed limits. a flashy car will attract attention but this is our love. tint and nfp tickets don't show points on your license so I'm not too concerned .....keep on modding !
yeah I drive pretty sane most of the time actually most of the time its in low gear just for the exhaust tone.. the other times are for passing through tunnels lol and underpasses.. and eh wagons -_-

but a fix it ticket for emissions when you have a TT kit is a different story.. right now its fine the MOST can get is tint, plate, exhaust, intake?

- Eric

Old 07-26-2007, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's one hella long list!! F' it...keep going. Maybe you should kinda go out of the way to acknowledge the cop. kinda gets their guard down a bit. get them on your side. know what i mean? if i see a cop, i give em the ol' wassup nod. they usually will check out the ride and give a nod back, then drive on

Old 07-26-2007, 03:10 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I gotta have my front plate on,front tint and taillight tint off by the 30th!
Im just gunna slap a front plate on, and ive taken my taillight tint off and actually am loving the change right now. I think my front tints going to stay where it is. You just never know which cop will decide on a whim that he wants to get you for all he can. I would say I have driven by more than 125+ cops over the past year and havent had one issue (all the same exterior mods that are violations ) until last month this one motorcycle cop spotted me stopped at an intersection while he was driving by, pulled over and waited for me to come by and pulled me over immediately. He wrote me up for everything he could find. The worst part about this was that when all this was over with I proceeded to park 100 feet ahead in an empty spot where I had an appointment with a client. What great timing. All in all I would say I got lucky it took this long to get a ticket with that many police encounters

BTW:

I want to see your car!

Old 07-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
iv gotten pulled over for tint and front plate 5 times lol and im still driving with no plate and illegal tint!!! just do it!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 04:58 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
cost of driving around with a modded car.

don't let the pigs dictate how you live your life.

it may cost more money to do what you love, but again, the price you pay.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:44 AM
with the amount of time already put into the car.. just give it all.. yeah you'll get tickets here and there.. but in the end.. it'll be all worth it

Old 07-26-2007, 07:22 AM
When I lived in Tx I used to get pulled over all the time for no front plate. Cops would use it as an excuse to stop a sports car and check insurance or anything else they wanted. Luckily I only got 1 ticket for the front plate and had to pay the $10 fee. I moved to Tn over a year ago and they have no front plate rule here.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drsifu1
don't let the pigs dictate how you live your life.

Brilliant answer!!

Old 07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sounds to me like you're building a weekend driver or trailer queen.

ease up on some of the extra wild stuff and you should be ok.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry with all your recent troubles Eric. By going extreme with your car, you're increasing attention to local authorities (cops and CHP) as well with car enthusiasts (illegal street racers and etc..) Like Vinh said, Don't let the local authorities dictate your life and hobby/business.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Don't change it, the way you describe it, it sounds so awesome and unique which brings me to my next point.....PICS!!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^ half the exterior stuff is to promote "SurfaceMODz" o.o or else I'd dump the custom color, air brushing, and carbonfiber.. =( no weekened/trailer queen this car goes everywhere and gets about 1,000-2,000miles every month when its not in the shop

Yeah I wave at the cops =P some just look at me funny or wave back.. most ignore it lol.

Front plate is fine actually, I'd prefer to keep it off in hopes that IF *knock on I think I might run one once I get the TT installed to kinda hide the intercooler or get a NISMO bumper or something ._.

- Eric
626-636-6678

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Too much for a Daily Driver? Am I building a car that I wont be able to drive?