G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Infiniti R racing line

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti R racing line

Well i just finished my 7500 mile checkup and everything seems to be looking good. After speaking wiht the service manager at Pepe Infiniti for several minutes he informed me that Infiniti is coming out wiht something called the Infiniti R racing line. I am not sure if this has already been posted, but if it was, i personally was unaware of such a thing, so please forgive my ignorance. Anyways, Infiniti plans on releasing this line of products within the next year, most likely 10 months from now were his exact words. He made specific refrences to new exhaust, intake, suspension mods. But what really caught my attention was when he mentioned the chip (ECU) Infiniti would be releasing that would bump the horsepower up to 310 and none of these products will in any way void the warranty. He also told me that if i put an exhaust system on, it voids my exhaust warranty, which is fine with me, however, he said if i put a Z tube, CAI, Pop charger, and anything nismo in the engine that it voids the entire engine warranty but still covers everything else. So while i am thankful he informed me of this before i installed the pop charger and Z tube, i am dissapointed i already spent money ordering the parts and will have to wait at least 10 months for the R racing line parts to come out. As a side note, the service manager was very cool. He was a young guy and seemed to be very receptive and understanding about people wanting to make upgrades to their cars. So......anyone want a Z-tube and Pop Charger?

Old 02-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Re: Infiniti R racing line

Don't sell just yet. The Federal Act that covers voiding of warranties by aftermarket items requires the provider of the warranty (Infinit/Nissan) to prove that the aftermarket part caused the part or labor requested under warranty to fail. Many dealers may try to tell you otherwise, but the burden of the failure is on them. To hedge my bet I have only installed NISMO parts (Sway bars, CAI) on my G.

Great news on the R line stuff.

Old 02-20-2004, 02:32 PM

just keep your stock parts and swap them out if you ever have to bring your car in for warranty engine work!

Old 02-20-2004, 03:13 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets get this straight. The guy is telling you that putting in a new chip that controls the entire engine operation and bumps the hp to 310 is OK under warranty; but putting on a slightly less restrictive air tube will void the entire engine warranty? Neither makes sense!

Old 02-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i call BS!

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 02-20-2004, 07:45 PM

*Off-Topic...kinda*

what happened to Lexus' L-Tune?

G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Aero/ Blizzaks and 17's till March /

Old 02-20-2004, 08:44 PM
G SQUAD

I'd love to see a dealer tell me that a stock part voids the warranty. I mean Z tube common Guess where that comes from and guess what engine the Z has. I would have told him where to stick his Infiniti R line after that.

Actually though there are a few things to think aout with that chip upgrade. The Q45 did have something like that. You could bring it to the dealer and have them upgrade the chip or something to that effect for added hp. However he could know about that and just thought that they would do it to the g35 as well or Infiniti could actually be doing something to that effect. I guess you could say it;s been done before so there is a chance but Ill tell you now I doubt it will happen. Not to mention 30 hp from a chip upgrade is a little excessive.

Old 02-20-2004, 08:45 PM
G SQUAD

I'd love to see a dealer tell me that a stock part voids the warranty. I mean Z tube come on Guess where that comes from and guess what engine the Z has. I would have told him where to stick his Infiniti R line after that.

Actually though there are a few things to think aout with that chip upgrade. The Q45 did have something like that. You could bring it to the dealer and have them upgrade the chip or something to that effect for added hp. However he could know about that and just thought that they would do it to the g35 as well or Infiniti could actually be doing something likee that. I guess you could say it's been done before so there is a chance but Ill tell you now I doubt it will happen. Not to mention 30 hp from a chip upgrade is a little excessive.

Old 02-20-2004, 08:58 PM

Nuttyprof....what exactly are u calling BS on. Me, in the sense that i just made up that story or the dealer in the sense that he is lying? I am just letting everyone know what my specific experience wiht this particular dealership in NY was and what i was told by the service manager. He also said he wouldnt touch the engine if i did anything to it. And i specifically asked about nismo and parts from the Z and his answer was still the same. This is the only dealership that is close to me and at this point i am pretty frustrated....anymore suggestions?

Oh...and GSG....the chip would be made by Infiniti, it would not be some chip produced by some random company. And yes, i do agree that 30 horsepower out of a chip is very excessive. Maybe he meant 310 wiht the intake, exhaust and some other mods as well.

Old 02-20-2004, 09:03 PM
G SQUAD

I Dont know I'd tell them that you are well aware of your rights as a consumer and rattle off the morrison whateverthehellitis act (you'll have to search for that one). Basically its a law that states that inorder for a warranty claim to be denied the failure has to be directly linked to the part that they are blaming it on. I personally would love to see an Infiniti dealer prove that the intake tube taken off the VQ35DE and put on another VQ35DE caused a problem LoL.

Anyway thats not why i came here are some links to the Upgrade for the Q

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...e#Post67468640

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e...1VB0s3,aNvhT3N

Enjoy

Old 02-21-2004, 12:31 AM

Actually....

When the first original G35 sports coupe and 350Z were made the original chip in the car totaled the horsepower output to around 315.

The chip was taken out and some other little modifications were done and now we are at 280.

I have also heard that they are planning to release that original chip as an aftermarket product for the G35 sports coupe and 350Z. But yes the chip alone should bump the car up to around 310 at the fly.

I forgot where I got this source so I can't tell you that its 100% credible but its what I heard or read or saw.

2004 Ivory Pearl Sports Coupe

Old 02-21-2004, 12:38 AM

Oh yeh...they've been saying that NISMO and Infiniti R line would be out and keep delaying the release and its been a mess. I wouldn't count on that 10 month mark...

2004 Ivory Pearl Sports Coupe

Old 02-21-2004, 12:46 AM
Deep Sea Moderator

When the new beetle came out there was a chip upgrade for it and it gained about 60 hp which was almost 50% more power. Granted it was on an FI car but 30hp doesn't seem like an impossible task on a 280hp NA car.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest Monitors Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 03:08 AM

oh, i was calling BS on the dealer saying that an aftermarket intake would void your engine warranty. im still kind of skeptical of the chip too, but since everyone else sees it as a possibility, ill wait it out. maybe TS can do something along those lines too? dont see why not...

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 02-21-2004, 03:14 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

i call BS!

<hr></blockquote>

ME TOO! when I went to my dealer with a z-tube/pop charger on, they actually complimented me on it saying JWT makes good stuff. Keep the stock parts and put them on before you go to the dealership if anything does happen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti R racing line